Hoffman in the halves

It's very hard to take what Lockyer says seriously considering his position in the Broncos.

hoffmans only suitable at wing. he doesn't have the passing game to be 5/8 or fullback. he also can't tackle for shit. he let in 2 tries against the eels. so please hook, grow some balls and put Hoffman on the wing or else let him leave

hoffmans only suitable at wing. he doesn't have the passing game to be 5/8 or fullback. he also can't tackle for shit. he let in 2 tries against the eels. so please hook, grow some balls and put Hoffman on the wing or else let him leave

He hasn't even got a place in the outside backs anymore, as far as I'm concerned. I think Maranta's skill under the high ball and Vidot's metres are better for us in the long term. Even in the Centres, Oates in for Reed.

We literally wouldn't be any worse off if Hoffman up and left tomorrow. In fact, we'd probably be a bit better. I'm utterly convinced we haven't heard any talk in the media about him having a sook about playing 5/8th instead of Fullback because he is convinced playing in the coveted Broncos number 6 puts him in the spotlight.

He is an arrogant, overrated ballhog. Corey Norman 2.0. I could've used harsher terms in my drunken state but I thought better of it.

Last edited:
If you aren't willing to give Nikorima or Strasser or someone a go then I think Hodges is a better option. He can be run first a lot too but he'd attract a lot of defenders and like with Copley's try on Friday he can use the defence gravitating toward him to put outside men free.

It weakens centre a little bit but I think Hodges at 6 and Copley at 4 offers a lot more than Hoffman 6, Hodges 4 and Copley 5. As for Hoffman, I'd give him Reed's centre spot.

Btw, what's the go with Ash Taylor?

You can't put Hodges at #6 because his defence is poor. The guy arm grabs like Reed. Teams would aim a hundred big guys at him every set.

You can't put Hodges at #6 because his defence is poor. The guy arm grabs like Reed. Teams would aim a hundred big guys at him every set.

Yep, and considering how injury prone Hodgeo is, that is the last thing we want.

Did people actually read the Hoffman article or just the headline and Maybe the first sentance... Because it seems that people are only reading things that suit an agenda against Hoffman.

Maybe some people didn't read far enough to read some quotes from Hoffman like:

After making peace with Broncos management after his request for a release in February, Hoffman now does not want to rock the boat.
If Milford eventually arrives at Red Hill, Hoffman says he will accept whatever call Griffin makes.
“I just have to be thankful and happy that I’m in the team,” he said.

“Wherever I play I will give my all

“Whatever happens next year with Milford is not in my court. I will let the coach decide what happens”

And I have to say that is a much better attitude than he had last year...

/Rant

Last edited:
Did people actually read the Hoffman article or just the headline and Maybe the first sentance... Because it seems that people are only reading things that suit an agenda against Hoffman.

Maybe some people didn't read far enough to read some quotes from Hoffman like:

/Rant

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thank you foordy. You best me to it but I'm glad someone pointed this out

Don't get me wrong, I want Hoffman in the wing/centers and I don't think that he is deluded enough to believe that he will beat Milford to the 5/8 position next year.

But the guy is allowed to say he is happy playing where he is and would like the spot next season.

Hoffman is delusional. He literally overrated himself to the point where he thinks him being the 6 is best for the team moving forward. Either that or he is a selfish turd.

Hoffman is delusional. He literally overrated himself to the point where he thinks him being the 6 is best for the team moving forward. Either that or he is a selfish turd.

Now your just making shit up to suit your agenda/hatred of Hoffman.

All he says in that article is that he is enjoying playing 6 and would like to do it next year, but he is happy being in the team and it is the coaches decision where he plays, whereever that is he will give his all

The problem with only reading a headline and not the story is that headlines are there to sell papers and are usually either an exaggeration or complete BS

Last edited:
Now your just making **** up to suit your agenda/hatred of Hoffman.

All he says in that article is that he is enjoying playing 6 and would like to do it next year, but he is happy being in the team and it is the coaches decision where he plays, whereever that is he will give his all

The problem with only reading a headline and not the story is that headlines are there to sell papers and are usually either an exaggeration or complete BS

While I think the article is being blown out of proportion it's not all he says, he talks about his combination with Glenn and Reed, anyone who has been watching the games so far this season knows 9 times out of 10 his going down with the ball, clearly obvious against the Eels how to shut him down with eaise.

Look as much as I dislike him at 5/8th, I don't hate the guy and I certainly think he has a valuable contribution to be made on the wing. If Griffin is going to persist with him at 5/8th then they seriously need a running 5/8th or halfback to come in and work with him because you need to be able to put the opposition in two minds with the ball in your hands, not just trying to break the line everytime otherwise nothing changes.

Last edited:
Now your just making **** up to suit your agenda/hatred of Hoffman.

You just keep trying to sugar coat shit but it just isn't working. The fact that Hoffman wants to play in the 6 next year shows how delusional he is.

You just keep trying to sugar coat shit but it just isn't working. The fact that Hoffman wants to play in the 6 next year shows how delusional he is.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Alec yesterday...

Name me one player playing well enough in the lower grades that they deserve a shot in the NRL...

The u20s halves aren't ready... I think it was [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] that confirmed that for me yesterday, Taylor is injured (and probably not ready anyway) and Strasser really didn't show much in the trials against under-strength lineups.

And please don't try to tell me it doesn't matter how well they are playing in the lower grades, because that is a load of shit.

I want Hoffman out the halves to, and it won't be that hard to beat him out for the spot, as long as the backups are playing well, but until that time we may as well leave our stop gap 5/8 there and teach him to offload once he has attracted 3 defenbers.

Besides for all we know, Griffin is just waiting until Kahu returns from injury and will then name him at 5/8 (since he trained there during the off season)

Ill ask you the question again Foordy, do you think Hoffman would be playing extremely well, consistently, if he was 6 in reserves? He's not a 5/8, he's an outside back. It would be like trying to make a winger out of Ben Hunt.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Alec yesterday...

Name me one player playing well enough in the lower grades that they deserve a shot in the NRL...

The u20s halves aren't ready... I think it was @Big Pete that confirmed that for me yesterday, Taylor is injured (and probably not ready anyway) and Strasser really didn't show much in the trials against under-strength lineups.

And please don't try to tell me it doesn't matter how well they are playing in the lower grades, because that is a load of ****.

I want Hoffman out the halves to, and it won't be that hard to beat him out for the spot, as long as the backups are playing well, but until that time we may as well leave our stop gap 5/8 there and teach him to offload once he has attracted 3 defenbers.

Besides for all we know, Griffin is just waiting until Kahu returns from injury and will then name him at 5/8 (since he trained there during the off season)

I don't care about this year. I think Hoffman is delusional because he wants to keep the 6 jersey next year if Hook allows him. If Milford backs out and we are stuck with Hoffman in the 6 we are doomed. I know there is **** all options for this year.

Hi, this is my first post. "Long time lurker first time poster". "We're just focusing on one week at a time". "Griffin is shit". OK there are my obligatory cliches out of the way.

Does anyone think Gillett is worth a go at 5/8 until Kahu comes back, pushing Hoffman to wing, Corey Oates to permanent back row rotation, Copely to centre, and Jack Reed out? I know it is far from ideal, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and it would free up the 2nd row congestion a bit.

Ill ask you the question again Foordy do you think Hoffman would be playing extremely well, consistently, if he was 6 in reserves? He's not a 5/8, he's an outside back. It would be like trying to make a winger out of Ben Hunt.

Probably not, but the majority if not all of our back up options are all very young and not ready to play NRL, and I would rather we not kill their confidence by playing them before they're ready. Especially since, at this stage, Milford will be our 6 in 2015.

If, however Milford does renege, then we will have no choice but to throw one of talented youngsters in the deep end.

Now if one of them puts their hand up through their performances, by all means select him.

This Duncan somebody may do that now he has been moved to the ISC and I hope he does.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  • HVbronco
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mark H
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.