Hoffman rejects bulldogs, eyes no.6 at Broncos

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Re: [RUMOUR] Barba to Broncos

Short memories indeed if you can't remember 2011 where Hoffman was a great ball playing Fullback...

Great? Do you know what the word means? Also, are you aware of some of the names in rugby league who are associated with the word great? Hoffman will never be in that league.

He's an average fullback when he's playing well.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Maybe great and ball playing together was a bit much, but I seem to remember him putting on a few tries for his outside men, particularly Hodges.

Hardly an average Fullback I would have thought, either. William Zillman is an average Fullback.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Hoffman has shown questionable attitudes and personality traits before

and speaking for myself,

it's the main cause for concern /suspicion regarding his 'reported" reactions to Ben Barba's impending arrival at the club.

was a self-confessed 'tanker' through the back end of last season ... it's quite ironic that two-thirds of this forum was absolutely smashing him this time last year and then again after he made the admission about not giving 100% ...

he's done everything right since then, but he doesn't have enough license yet to start nominating where he should be picked

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Ok, agree to disagree. Pointless argument either way, he's not going to be our fullback. His position is wing, and he might get a centre spot if Hodges heads off into retirement.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Maybe great and ball playing together was a bit much, but I seem to remember him putting on a few tries for his outside men, particularly Hodges.

Hardly an average Fullback I would have thought, either. William Zillman is an average Fullback.
Not by today's standards. Zillman is probably the worst fullback in the NRL...

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Haven't seen him play in the halves before and I'm not convinced that he is the answer. Good to see he has committed himself to the club, would be very dissapointed if he left.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Not by today's standards. Zillman is probably the worst fullback in the NRL...

618384-tim-moltzen.jpg

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I would choose all thse guys over Hoffman at fullback

Inglis
Slater
Hayne
Dugan
Barba
Stewart
Boyd
Gordon
Bowen
Minichiello
Locke

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Minichiello is terrible these days. Feet for hands.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'd prefer him over Mini, Bowen, Locke and until recently, Boyd. I'd also pick him over almost any winger in the comp.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
For the next two months Bowen is ahead of Hoff but not after that. He's getting too old. I agree with the others about mini and Locke and possibly boyd under him

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Can't argue with that. If barba gets back close to his 2012 form he would be above Dugan imho

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Boyd has been playing like shit recently I would take most fullbacks in the comp over him atm.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'd have Barba ahead of Dugan in that pecking order ..
As would I, Dugan as brilliant as he is individually, I think Barba has more ability to set up those around him. In top form, I'd have him ahead of Stuart as the no.3 fullback, on average I'd have him as the no.4 fullback.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Cavalo
  • mystico
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • The Strapper
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.