"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
Yep just watched the reply. He cleaned up kicks well but his is attack is nowhere near where it needs to be. Couple of awful kicks, bombed that try bad, arguably bombed another by passing when he had a big gap in front of him. He can't be our fullback

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Barba is way ahead of Hoffman as a fullback, he's a genuine game breaker, can lay on a try as goon as any other fullback in the game and has speed to burn. Hoffman would be a better winger than Barba. Wouldn't make sense to have the team any other way.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
An article from the NZ Herald regarding Hoffman:

League: Hoffman to decide on future after World Cup - League - NZ Herald News

This is the important part of the article:

The Broncos have said they won't release Hoffman under any circumstances but he said he will address that when he returns from the UK. It's likely he will have had talked the situation through with Kiwis coach and Brisbane assistant Stephen Kearney.

"There has been a lot of speculation,'' he said. "At this stage, I'm just trying to play some good footy at the World Cup and hopefully win the World Cup. Once that is all done and dusted and I get back to Brisbane I will hopefully make my decision from there.

"I'm trying to avoid everything and just focus on what is going on here.''

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
There is no decision to make. You don't get a release because you're not playing the position you want. His attitude is giving me the shits.
[MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION] Do you still believe it's all speculation?

This is the first article that actually had a quote from Hoffman himself, in which he says there has been a lot of speculation.

There has been no whinging from Hoffman (except from the media saying he is unhappy)

If he asks for a release to go and play fullback elsewhere, then good luck to him, and I hope the club grant it (after negotiating a transfer fee of course)

And if another club does get Hoffman to request a release, that club won't be criticized as much as the Broncos were, despite them doing the same thing as us

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
I loved Hoffman last year. He was amazing on the wing.

BUT having said that he can **** Off as far as I am concerned. He is average in defence and absoulte shit in attack at Fullback.

These guys have their heads so far up their own arses its not funny.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I just don't understand why he thinks he is such a good fullback. Did he not think it was odd that hodges would take over once we were in the attacking zone?

Corz21

Corz21

Nov 13, 2013
Barba is way ahead of Hoffman as a fullback, he's a genuine game breaker, can lay on a try as goon as any other fullback in the game and has speed to burn. Hoffman would be a better winger than Barba. Wouldn't make sense to have the team any other way.
This ^^
hoffman was brilliant for us at the start of the season as our winger!

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Imagine all the u20 players, or players coming back from injury who are dying to be just in the team let alone play where they want to. Why is he so up himself, only reason he is "world class fullback" is because NZ don't have any better alternatives, but everyone knows it will be RTS there next year or the one after.

The fact Hodges took over after half way, that is just incredibly sad. I hate to say this, i wish all the juniors could stay at the broncos but someone please show hoffman the door.

Corz21

Corz21

Nov 13, 2013
I think it's always the same story tho. They are "dieing to just be in the team" and "whatever is best for the team", then they get past that and then they are like I wanna play my preferred position. We have seen it with plenty before.
kemp, Beale both did it and neither will be fullbacks at there club now, kemp got shopped around and is now back struggling to even get a run after being our leading try scorer that last year before he let, has done nothing but be a back up reserve grader at 3 clubs since.
I'd say Beale is heading downt he same path.
Hoffman and barba are very good mates so I doubt he is as cut up as the media is making it seem.
i think he is a good bloke and a team player whom will fit in to our team wherever he is needed.
Of course he wants fullback but if he competes for it but doesn't get it I'm sure he will be happy contributing on the wing.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm so over this whole saga, lol, I'd actually prefer to find out tomorrow that Hoffman is being granted a release and Milford has re-signed with Canberra until 2021, purely so we can move on with our pre-season distraction free & have the longest time possible to work on combinations / ideal positions.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He could simply have been saying that he will sort out how to deal with playing centre or wing after the Cup, just saying.

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
Seriously he can be part of one off the most devastating backlines in todays game, or very close to IMO.

1 Barba
2 Hoffman
3 JYY
4 Hodges
5 Vidot

Reed, Copley, Kahu, Mills as backup.

If we have some direction from our halves and a rocket up the arse off our forward pack we have the side to win and win big. Hoffman has tunnel vision, perfect for a winger. Here is a the corridor I want you to run now.....Catch, Run, Score........Simple and easy he doesn't have to think.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Brocko
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.