"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I don't understand why everyone seems so keen to hang **** on Hoffman. :dontknow:

Because atm he has an ego so huge it would dwarf the Titanic and is acting like a spoiled brat because he is not getting his own way. His issues could distract the team as we go into the pre-season hoping to improve on the WORST season in our proud history. No player should tell the club what to do with them and how to use them, Hoffman isn't the boss of the club or the coach of the 1st Grade side and needs to shut his mouth and get on with the job at hand.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Hoffman's manager going to work ...

crocodile-dundee-trick-e1283116659618.jpg

Last edited:
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Because atm he has an ego so huge it would dwarf the Titanic and is acting like a spoiled brat because he is not getting his own way. His issues could distract the team as we go into the pre-season hoping to improve on the WORST season in our proud history. No player should tell the club what to do with them and how to use them, Hoffman isn't the boss of the club or the coach of the 1st Grade side and needs to shut his mouth and get on with the job at hand.

Hoffman hasn't done any of this. You're all getting carried away by what's in the paper. Besides, on the basis of your final sentence, Hodges shouldn't be telling Hoffman what to do because he's not the 'boss' or the 'coach'... yet you don't have a problem with him?

His agent may have said some things, but agents are about as trustworthy and believable as a piece of dog shit. Remember, if Hoffman moves clubs, said agent gets a tidy profit.

Until Hoffman says something himself, moves clubs, or whatever, then it's all hearsay.

No matter what he does, he can't win. It's ridiculous. It's as if there's some kind of vendetta against him. Maybe that's a dramatic way of describing it, but that's what it truly seems like.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There still haven't been any quotes from Hoffman as far as I'm aware, all information is coming from second hand sources. I mean obviously he'd be upset not playing his preferred position, but he personally hasn't complained about it to the media. And even if he does feel wronged, he was still giving 110% person on the wing this year, and isn't that all that matters?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
For all we know, his manager is feeding articles to the press in the hope of getting the Broncos to increase Hoffman contract.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
It doesnt matter who it was against, he was passing and supporting. In fact youd think his instincts to run himself against poor defence would be even greater.

Well it sort of does. I agree that it's a start but I'll reserve my judgement on his passing game until he comes up against some more solid opposition, given that he has showed very little in the passing department his whole career.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
His manager is authorized to speak on his behalf, that's as good as coming out of his mouth. Do we think Milford didn't ask for a release either because he hasn't said it directly?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
His manager is authorized to speak on his behalf, that's as good as coming out of his mouth. Do we think Milford didn't ask for a release either because he hasn't said it directly?

Yeah I have to agree with this. I like hoffy and have been hoping that he would realise he's strengths lie in the 3/4s not fullback, but that aside it is ridiculous to think he isn't a part of what his manager is saying, as his manager acts on his behalf.

We all laughed at the GH when they were trying to push the line that Milford didn't want to leave and it was all his manager, so it would be hypocritical to put our head in the sand now

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
For all we know, his manager is feeding articles to the press in the hope of getting the Broncos to increase Hoffman contract.

LOL .......:laugh:

straws_zpsf179bb35.jpg

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
I hope he just continues to play well. he is in great form and if he can continue that next year it will be fantastic.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
Complaints from Josh Hoffman's management haven't changed Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin's stance on who should be fullback next NRL season.
But Griffin is confident New Zealand World Cup fullback Hoffman will see out his contract at the NRL club without guarantees over his position on the field.
Griffin revealed star recruit Ben Barba's recovery from ankle surgery was ahead of schedule when the Broncos returned for pre-season training on Wednesday.
It means a tough selection decision looms in the weeks after incumbent fullback Hoffman returns from the World Cup.
Advertisement
Hoffman's manager Paul Hogan claimed his client was unhappy after Barba's recruitment and a subsequent claim from Brisbane teammate Justin Hodges that Hoffman was "not the right guy" for fullback.
Hogan hinted that Hoffman - contracted until the end of 2015 at Brisbane - would weigh up his options upon his World Cup return after receiving other NRL offers.
But Griffin said nothing would change his "team first" approach to picking sides week in, week out next year - and he expected Hoffman to buy into that until at least his contract expires.
Asked if he was confident Hoffman would see out his current deal, Griffin said: "Absolutely.
"Players from time to time in their career will go through tough patches.
"It is not going to be their cup of tea every day of the week but we are a football team.
"That is as clear as I can make it."
Asked if he was concerned by the noises being made by Hoffman's management, Griffin said: "I am not.
"No matter who it is, whether it is Josh Hoffman or Ben Barba or whoever, they are players in a team.
"They will play where it best suits the team at the time.
"That will be determined in a few months' time."
Griffin was more than happy with Barba who'd settled in well in Brisbane with his family since being released from the Bulldogs on compassionate grounds.
"He's ahead of schedule with his recovery," he said.
"The key for Ben is that he concentrates on his recovery and we don't all start getting ahead of ourselves and start talking about what he might or might not do on the field.
"He has had a tough year physically and emotionally.
"He has been with the Bulldogs a long time and he's at a new club.
"The real key for him is to make sure we look after him both on and off the field and there's no pressure or expectations on him."
Griffin said the club was still hurting "tremendously" after finishing 12th in 2013 with a 10-1-13 win-draw-loss record - the worst record in their history.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
haha just posted that in the barba thread. though i guess its more suited here.

i hope that stance means hoffy on wing/ctr and barba FB

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well saying the right things and doing them are two different things. I am probably one of the very few who think Hook has done as good a job as he can given a lot of the stuff ups that came before him from Henjak and Cullen. If he doesn't follow through on these words though I may change my mind.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What Griffin is saying is exactly right.

The club comes first, the team second and the players third. No player is bigger than the team or the club.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I said earlier that Hoffman was entitled to feel disappointed and he still is however one way or another the time has come for him to make clear his true position on this because the bottom line is regardless of where his being played, his being paid by the club to play in the position they feel his best suited, Hoffman is a great player and one I would indeed like to keep but no player is bigger then the club, Wally got sacked as captain then moved to lock to make way for Kevin Walters, Gene Miles got moved into the backrow because the club needed more grunt in the forwards and to make way for younger backs, Darren Lockyer a 5/8th was manufactured into a fullback then went back to playing 5/8th because the side needed a genuine playmaker etc. I'm not going to bag the guy but I suggest this Hoffman, take it as a challenge to take on board because I reckon you will be a better player for it.

P

Patto

BRL Player
Nov 3, 2013
I said earlier that Hoffman was entitled to feel disappointed and he still is however one way or another the time has come for him to make clear his true position on this because the bottom line is regardless of where his being played, his being paid by the club to play in the position they feel his best suited, Hoffman is a great player and one I would indeed like to keep but no player is bigger then the club, Wally got sacked as captain then moved to lock to make way for Kevin Walters, Gene Miles got moved into the backrow because the club needed more grunt in the forwards and to make way for younger backs, Darren Lockyer a 5/8th was manufactured into a fullback then went back to playing 5/8th because the side needed a genuine playmaker etc. I'm not going to bag the guy but I suggest this Hoffman, take it as a challenge to take on board because I reckon you will be a better player for it.

I don't doubt he's a little upset but I am completely confident he'll stay loyal, this is another case of everything getting blown way out of proportion by the media.

There's been lots of little things over the years but I have always got the impression that Hoffman is one of the most loyal hard working guys in the team who bleed maroon and gold.

B.Hunt's in that category as well.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

I'm no grammar nazi but it's he's, not his :P

Otherwise I agree with what you've said.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.