"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

S

Syklone

BRL Player
Mar 13, 2013
Time to move on. Both of them are gone anyway. Round 1 V Bulldogs will be a cracker.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
Time to move on. Both of them are gone anyway. Round 1 V Bulldogs will be a cracker.

How do you figure that? Hoffman is contracted to us and we've publicly stated that he wont be leaving. that strikes me as the opposite of being gone.

I don't have any inside info but I'd be stunned if Hoffman was at any other club at the start of 2014.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I honestly think that Hoffman is a quality full back, but he is not the full back we need. he would be a great fullback in a team with strong halves, like Manly. we don't have that ATM.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I honestly think that Hoffman is a quality full back, but he is not the full back we need. he would be a great fullback in a team with strong halves, like Manly. we don't have that ATM.

100% agree.

S

Syklone

BRL Player
Mar 13, 2013
How do you figure that? Hoffman is contracted to us and we've publicly stated that he wont be leaving. that strikes me as the opposite of being gone.

I don't have any inside info but I'd be stunned if Hoffman was at any other club at the start of 2014.

Broncos publicly stated he is still under contract, it's just a business ploy. Exactly what Bulldogs did to us with Barba.

Last edited:
coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
After the latest report at nrl.com. Looks like there is some fire to the rumour but that doesn't mean he wants out just is unhappy.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Hoffman fires back at World Cup - NRL.com

[h=1]Hoffman fires back at World Cup[/h]
Josh Hoffman may prefer not to publicly respond to in-house criticism but his manager says the unhappy Broncos fullback has provided the perfect rebuttal at the World Cup.
Hoffman's place in the Broncos line-up came under further scrutiny on Friday when a fit-again Ben Barba confirmed he would make his Brisbane debut against former NRL club the Bulldogs at the pre-season Auckland Nines.
A claim by Brisbane teammate Justin Hodges that Hoffman "is not the right guy" to be the Broncos' No.1 was already ringing in the Kiwi international's ears.
Hoffman's manager Paul Hogan says his client won't enter into a slanging match with Hodges, who claimed his Brisbane teammate had to improve his passing game to become a world class fullback.
But Hogan added that Hoffman had already provided a fitting retort in New Zealand's opening 42-24 World Cup win over Samoa in the UK.
"Have a look at the stats for leading try assists at the tournament: Josh is equal top with two from the weekend's game," Hogan told AAP.
"Both were from passes. That's the only comment I have to make about that.
"Josh just wants his footy to do the talking."
Hogan says Hodgson is entitled to his opinion.
"To be frank, we were surprised a player in the leadership group would be making comments about one of his teammates," he said.
"But those issues have been raised at the Broncos and we have left it to them to deal with it."
NRL clubs have shown interest in Hoffman since he again started weighing up his future following Hodges' comments.
Brisbane are determined not to release Hoffman, who is contracted until 2015.
"They were chasing (then Canberra No.1 Josh) Dugan, they signed Barba: it sends strange messages to Josh," Hogan said.
"Josh has shown he is their best fullback over the last three to four years but still doesn't always get picked in that position.
"They have made their position clear, as have we. But we can't do anything until Josh comes back from the World Cup and I don't want him to worry about this stuff."
Meanwhile, the Broncos can officially begin talks with the management of Cameron Smith and Anthony Milford from Friday.
Brisbane football manager Andrew Gee isn't saying if they are and apologised on the Broncos website "for the secrecy around the Broncos future recruiting plans," claiming it was a "necessary evil".
"With the media attention on the game now you can't afford to let anyone know what your plans are," Gee said.
"We understand that is pretty hard for your stakeholders especially your members.
"But what you have got to do is keep your mouth shut, do your job and hope things eventuate."

I guess he fired up well enough to be dropped from the team.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Secrecy? What secrecy? Everyone knows we have already talked to every elite player in the NRL and it is just a matter of time until we sign everyone in the Qld side because of our location and the fact the Broncos have every advantage other teams can only dream of having.

Its also our fault we have no world peace.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
"They were chasing (then Canberra No.1 Josh) Dugan, they signed Barba: it sends strange messages to Josh," Hogan said.

If by strange you mean he isn't good enough as a modern day fullback then yeah.

If he isn't happy from being jerked off at cleaning up grubbers at the World Cup then just release him.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It'll be interesting if Hoffman builds on his last game, which actually had him running in support and throwing a couple of final passes for tries.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
It'll be interesting if Hoffman builds on his last game, which actually had him running in support and throwing a couple of final passes for tries.

Against Samoa.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Against Samoa.

Exactly. Like after the eels game. "Ermehgerd hoffy is the best fullback in the world, throwing passes, breaking tackles. **** barba hoffy is totes the best and soooo Hawt!"

Next game...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
At this point I'd prefer Hoffman leaves, the comments from his manager make it clear that he's unhappy and if he's pissed off at Hodges for saying the truth he should just find another club. We don't want a sook like him bringing down team morale.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If Hoffman was so good would Norman have been fullback this year or would Hodges need to move to fullback in our attacking zone??

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
At this point I'd prefer Hoffman leaves, the comments from his manager make it clear that he's unhappy and if he's pissed off at Hodges for saying the truth he should just find another club. We don't want a sook like him bringing down team morale.

Yes and no.

Yes Hoffman has/is displaying a childish and selfish attitude towards the team by getting all bent out of shape because he can't play in his favourite position.

No.....Hodges shouldn't have come out and said what he did about Hoffman in the papers. I really didn't see how his comments were going to benefit anyone and it amplified, at least to me, Hodges lack of intelligence.....IMO

So in that regard, I don't blame Hoffman for having the shits with Hodges.

That said, if he doesn't want to fit in and serve what's best for the team.......he can piss off.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Against Samoa.
It doesnt matter who it was against, he was passing and supporting. In fact youd think his instincts to run himself against poor defence would be even greater.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't understand why everyone seems so keen to hang shit on Hoffman. :dontknow:

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.