Honest Opinions

I honestly think Lockyer is being stupid calling Moga the next Folau. Doesn't he remember the last time he did that and look what happened.

I don't, so maybe he doesn't. Who you talking about?

We should have kept Peter Wallace.

He has been brilliant at hooker and I think we would be premiers if we kept him.

We lack that composure under pressure and that's one area Wallace excelled in.

The amount of field goals he pulled off under all sorts of pressure.. His time with us has been underrated and quite honestly he doesn't deserve a lot of the criticism directed at him.

Not only that, but he would be great next to Milford when Hunt leaves. He would take so much pressure off him and we would have a half that is more than capable of guiding the team around the field.

Would he though? He was our go to half for some time after Lockyer left and didn't do a hell of a lot IMO. I do agree regarding him at Hooker though, he's made an absolute fist of it. Plus with Reed gone we're down on our Ginger quota.

Would he though? He was our go to half for some time after Lockyer left and didn't do a hell of a lot IMO. I do agree regarding him at Hooker though, he's made an absolute fist of it. Plus with Reed gone we're down on our Ginger quota.

We had an average side with a rubbish coach and were still feeling the impact of Locky retiring.

Before that whenever he was in charge of guiding the team around the field, he did a great job.

the biggest shame with Wallace was that whenever he really started to look the part, he'd get injured.

the recruitment piece has now been a mess for 10 or so years.
the club still carry the most amount of paid scouts on their books and still hold majority of the contacts in the school network.
majority of other clubs have maybe 2 full time scouts on the ground where as the broncs generally have 6 guys running around at any one time.
my biggest issue which is plain and easy for all to see is a term i use - carpet bomb recruiting. its a simple process of going around and signing as many kids as possible in every age group. then we sit back and hope and prey that we jam a 100 kids in the funnel at the top and see what falls through at the bottom.
this sort of scouting stinks and shows a real lack of vision.
i look at the cowboys and they overhauled their system 4 or 5 years ago now. the head recruiter up there knows talent and doesnt just sign a 100 kids.
me personally i just cringe at the fact that guys like munster and holmes among a host of other qld kids were passed over by our so called experts.
looking at the nrl team at the moment shows a real lack of home grown talent scouting.
blair was bought in
sims was told to beat it and then ended up back
milford was a buy in
roberts was a buy in
moga is a buy in
boyd was a buy back
it doesnt look like a long list but our 2 best players are added recruits.
anyway just my opinion
Our recruitment took a nose dive when Bennett left and we lost most of our forward pack. He left the Broncos in a mess when he left, intentionally IMO because he is spiteful and that is how he likes to leave clubs when he goes, in a mess so that where others look back in retrospect the club was "in better shape" when he was there.

Buying talent is not like buying a new sports car, with a new sports car you know what you are getting and if you pay for a Ferrari you know you will get Ferrari performance, if you pay for a highly rated player, you may not get that same highly rated performance.

Look at the Dragons, they have just paid the equivalent price for a Rolls Royce when they are getting a Datsun 180B at best.

The heady days of Origin packed Broncos teams was not because they paid top dollar for them and waved cheque books around and went shopping, it was because it was just home grown natural talent from the BRL or QLD Cup now and they were players not chasing the coin but their dream was to represent Brisbane and in the early days Queensland because we were the only NSWRL team.

Fast forward to now and the post Lockyer days and it has been a case of one step forward 2 steps back, yes 2015 was a good year apart from the end of it, but I still don't think we have the halves or the forwards to do it or even make the top 8.

We need to get rid of some old baggage, Hunt, Glenn, Macca, and I think Blair and Sims are terrible signings and they are only chasing the cash. And Milford needs to learn how to chip and chase, how to throw proper cut out passes and not rely on his main talent of running the ball in broken play, he is brilliant at that but he needs to add more to the five eighth role, a whole lot more if he wants the money he thinks he deserves.

Shane Perry is a premiership half.

What has Granville done since then?

In fact did you see the part in the GF where he almost cost his team the game with a stupid little grubber to no one? If Feldt didn't come up with that strip, it was game over.
Thing is though Granville might have "almost" but Hunt did. There is a big difference between what might have been and what did happen. For the record I think Granville shits all over Macca, the only time you see Macca running the football is 2 meters out from the opposition line. He may as well stop and set off several flares before he does it just to make it that little bit more predictable.

Thing is though Granville might have "almost" but Hunt did. There is a big difference between what might have been and what did happen. For the record I think Granville shits all over Macca, the only time you see Macca running the football is 2 meters out from the opposition line. He may as well stop and set off several flares before he does it just to make it that little bit more predictable.

1. This isn't about Hunt. This is about Granville and Macca. Hunt is irrelevant to this discussion.

2. Dummy half has more jobs than just running the ball and Macca is better than Granville in every other area.

Running the ball is all Granville is good for.

Try again.

Wayne Bennett leaving isn't what really made us fall apart...Bruno Cullen started the rot that made Wayne leave. He's the Broncos version of Doust.

Absolutely! It was a disgrace that Cullen was allowed to hang around so long. He oversaw the worst time in the club's history and the effects are still being felt today, from the talent identification through to the need to bring back Bennett.

Macca is the most influential player at the club... anyone remember when he was injured last year and the team ran like abag of shit despite Waddell doing a decent job.
We were on a loss streak while he was playing too. He's definitely replaceable, we've just let go all the suitable backups to the point where he's no longer replaceable right now. Not that he doesn't deserve his spot but he's nothing special.

I think the area of McCullough's game that he has improved this season, is getting easy metres out of marker. He did it several times against the Sharks and even got a penalty with it and he gained us a good 15-20 metres at least twice against the Cows last night. I just wish he would kick more!!!

When Broncos gone be premiership contenders?

When we get halves that can consistently execute whilst under pressure and take advantage of the good positions the rest of our team puts us in.

When we get halves that can consistently execute whilst under pressure and take advantage of the good positions the rest of our team puts us in.
So who faults is it? Halves or coaching. Why can't anyone fix it?

Our recruitment took a nose dive when Bennett left and we lost most of our forward pack. He left the Broncos in a mess when he left, intentionally IMO because he is spiteful and that is how he likes to leave clubs when he goes, in a mess so that where others look back in retrospect the club was "in better shape" when he was there.

Buying talent is not like buying a new sports car, with a new sports car you know what you are getting and if you pay for a Ferrari you know you will get Ferrari performance, if you pay for a highly rated player, you may not get that same highly rated performance.

Look at the Dragons, they have just paid the equivalent price for a Rolls Royce when they are getting a Datsun 180B at best.

The heady days of Origin packed Broncos teams was not because they paid top dollar for them and waved cheque books around and went shopping, it was because it was just home grown natural talent from the BRL or QLD Cup now and they were players not chasing the coin but their dream was to represent Brisbane and in the early days Queensland because we were the only NSWRL team.

Fast forward to now and the post Lockyer days and it has been a case of one step forward 2 steps back, yes 2015 was a good year apart from the end of it, but I still don't think we have the halves or the forwards to do it or even make the top 8.

We need to get rid of some old baggage, Hunt, Glenn, Macca, and I think Blair and Sims are terrible signings and they are only chasing the cash. And Milford needs to learn how to chip and chase, how to throw proper cut out passes and not rely on his main talent of running the ball in broken play, he is brilliant at that but he needs to add more to the five eighth role, a whole lot more if he wants the money he thinks he deserves.

Seriously? You are trolling surely?

Seriously? You must be trolling

Im not sure a team that was left with the best player in the world, and a strong backline, could be said to have been a mess. There were some forward deficencies, but thats true enough today. Every teams got to compromise somewhere. Thats the salary cap for you, not bennet. You just hope the young prodigies and journeymen footballers can fill the gap. And what the likes of bennet and others do with is what them, not the superstars is how you know youve got a good coach. Weve got the best.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Cavalo
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • azza.79
  • Fozz
  • Rookie Alan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • Alec
  • Volvo Driver
  • Painin the Haas
  • Johnny92
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.