How much better do we look now with a REAL dummyhalf

Like Berrigan, I don't view Hunt as a long term option at 9. There were flaws in his game when he used to play there that I doubt he's addressed, but like Berrigan he could be able to get away with it.

The big test will be next week. Everything he touched turned to gold tonight against a Gold Coast Titans outfit that made the Tigers look like world beaters earlier in the week.

He's got flaws, but there's no reason he couldn't work on it and be a long term hooker. At worst, he'd still probably offer as much as McCullough in attack.

Whilst I think hunt will make a great number 9, one game doesn't make it true that you're a great player in that position (Luke brooks anyone?). The titans are bottom 8 & the top teams will do video on what hunt brings from dummy half. McCullough has been consistently good for 5-6 years, let's not undermine that with anything less then 2 seasons. However, I do think it may give us more attacking spark, and even shock the comp a little, but hunt would need 2 or 3 season if it at least to say he is a better option then macca

He's got flaws, but there's no reason he couldn't work on it and be a long term hooker. At worst, he'd still probably offer as much as McCullough in attack.

There's 1.2 million reasons.

The Dragons didn't buy a dummy half and Brisbane don't have enough time to iron those flaws out. You just have to hope teams don't pick him apart and his strengths can over-shadow the negatives.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, the Titans were awful.

Like Burgess said in the wrap-up tonight, a 10-8 type tight game against a top team will be the test for Hunt (and ultimately our premiership chances).

The Dragons didn't buy a dummy half and Brisbane don't have enough time to iron those flaws out. You just have to hope teams don't pick him apart and his strengths can over-shadow the negatives.

The only negative, might be a miss in defence. Event his worst game in attack, would still be better than a A.Mc normal game.

Message edited.

Play the ball not the man. I would have thought that someone would have pointed that out to you by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

There's only 1 dummy half I'd want the broncos to pay above 800,000 for, and it ain't a dummy half who has played less then 10 games in the position... fact is, he wants to be a halfback, he could have been a great hooker but he wants to be a halfback. A lot of what makes smith great is he is a modest player. Yes hunt is a team first player (evidenced by many contracts he took prior to this outlandish one from the dragons), but he was/is never a modest player. He was always a halfback in his mind (admittedly, that's how it appears from the outside tbh). He would have been a better hooker and a better 5/8th then a halfback

Hunt's best three positions are likely running five-eight, hooker and bench supersub. Team managing halfback a distant 4th. Dragons paid millions for a game managing half. I'm thinking of sending them my resume might get paid a million a year as CEO after I do a few weeks of business at TAFE. Or they could just try him at halfback for a couple of months before quickly accepting their monumental f*** up if he fails and find him a more suited role instead of chasing good money after bad.

Hunt's best three positions are likely running five-eight, hooker and bench supersub. Team managing halfback a distant 4th. Dragons paid millions for a game managing half. I'm thinking of sending them my resume might get paid a million a year as CEO after I do a few weeks of business at TAFE. Or they could just try him at halfback for a couple of months before quickly accepting their monumental f*** up if he fails and find him a more suited role instead of chasing good money after bad.

Is mccrone still gonna be at the dragons next year? Hunt may well find himself as a hooker there next year and heck might even become heir to cam smith for origin lol. We all know josh Hoffman left to be a fullback and how did that end up for him.

Is mccrone still gonna be at the dragons next year? Hunt may well find himself as a hooker there next year and heck might even become heir to cam smith for origin lol. We all know josh Hoffman left to be a fullback and how did that end up for him.
He is headed to the Wolfpack next year on a two year deal.

He is headed to the Wolfpack next year on a two year deal.
The halfback position is Ben Hunt's. Mcinnes has been going like a boss this year so I doubt Hunt will replace him

:angel:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...m-smith-came-to-joining-the-brisbane-broncos/

There’s a great book inside Cameron Smith, and when it’s finally released one of the most intriguing chapters will be just how close he was to becoming a Brisbane Bronco.
At a luncheon in the lead-up to Smith’s 350-game milestone and Old Boys Day a fortnight ago, Storm coach Craig Bellamy revealed to the gathering that his star hooker had decided to return home to Brisbane midway through 2013.

At the time, Smith had a further season to run on his contract in Melbourne – and intended to fulfil it before packing his bags to continue with the Broncos in 2015.
He confided the news to Bellamy during a team camp at Port Stephens and the coach was genuinely shattered.
The pair sat under the goal posts at the end of an empty training paddock and talked things over.
Aware of Smith’s family roots in Brisbane, Bellamy didn’t attempt to change his mind.

Instead, he spent the next few months trying to plan for life after his most cherished player.
It wasn’t until early in 2014 that Smith began to waver.
In March of that year he re-signed with the Storm on his current deal, which runs until the end of next season.
Why the change of heart? Bellamy didn’t reveal that to the Old Boys.
We might have to wait for the first print run on Smith’s book to find out.

Well if that's true, it means it's not far fetched that he may want to come here in a coaching capacity.

Why the change of heart? Bellamy didn’t reveal that to the Old Boys.

giphy.gif

I know, I know...the Storm would never do that.

giphy.gif

I know, I know...the Storm would never do that.

Pretty much. Wasn't it revealed at the time that the Storm upped their offer? So Bellamy may not have personally convinced him, not in words anyway.

Active Now

• unnerv1ng
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.