How much is too much for Payne? The saga continues...

What is the maximum per year you would offer Haas?

• Total voters

What the actual ****

Last year at the Broncos a release was sought by his management because NSW prop Haas could not see a competitive future at the club.

“Payne wants to be in a competitive team and he wants to be competitive week-in and week-out,” Haas’ manager Ahmad Merhi told AAP.

We were in finals contention when he asked for the release, you dumb ****.

I’ll give him 1M + @Kimlo ’s body
Better idea, let Payne go and sign @Kimlo to replace him.

@Kimlo's elite, you know.

I'd bet that if you were in that industry, you would test the market, see what others were willing to pay, if for no other reason than to find out your market value.
Just quietly, I’m pretty sure his manager would know what rival offers look like.
If we all think that no one talks to anyone prior to Nov 1 then we would be having a laugh.
My take, it’s a tactic to drive up our offer.

'Kevin Walters possible trump card' - interesting

Just quietly, I’m pretty sure his manager would know what rival offers look like.
If we all think that no one talks to anyone prior to Nov 1 then we would be having a laugh.
My take, it’s a tactic to drive up our offer.
Talk is cheap though. If I’m his management I’d want to know what a formal offer looked like in writing before I’d be too bothered about what figures the other clubs have thrown his way.

1.1 million is the absolute highest I'm willing to go. If he seriously thinks he's worth more than that, he's kidding himself. Over a million is already a batshit deal for a front rower.

If the likes of the Dogs or Tigers want to pay themselves into the grave, that's their call. We aren't responsible for their self destruction.

'Kevin Walters possible trump card' - interesting
Players should take a leaf out of Tino’s book. It’s actually quite smart on their part.

Tie your 5 or 6 year contract to the Coach - how many Coaches last 5+ years in the NRL? That way, if I’m a player I get all the security of a 5 year deal if it suits me while I can also be reasonably confident that at some point during that time I’ll be able to bail if I want to when the club I’m at almost inevitably sacks their head coach.

1.1 million is the absolute highest I'm willing to go. If he seriously thinks he's worth more than that, he's kidding himself. Over a million is already a batshit deal for a front rower.
Yeah that’s my maximum too. It’s possibly slightly overpaying, but I think I’d be willing to roll the dice on that one and trust that we can get enough value out of him to justify it. I think we can use him as leverage to get other guys for less money too, so that in some way may be able to offset some of the money we’ve committed to pay him.

I can’t realistically see him getting a lot more than that, at least within the NRL. Maybe 1.2 or 1.3 million isn’t out of the question - but I’d think if the gap was down to that small then we probably retain him anyway. Moving to Sydney for an extra $100k a year is almost a pay cut in real terms.

Yeah that’s my maximum too. It’s possibly slightly overpaying, but I think I’d be willing to roll the dice on that one and trust that we can get enough value out of him to justify it. I think we can use him as leverage to get other guys for less money too, so that in some way may be able to offset some of the money we’ve committed to pay him.

I can’t realistically see him getting a lot more than that, at least within the NRL. Maybe 1.2 or 1.3 million isn’t out of the question - but I’d think if the gap was down to that small then we probably retain him anyway. Moving to Sydney for an extra $100k a year is almost a pay cut in real terms.

For 1 million or around that, he will stay in Brisbane. Saves himself the expense of moving to Sydney, buying an overpriced house, all that shit that someone like Haas hasn't got the patience for after all the bullshit in his life.

Active Now

• sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.