How tough is Hannant

Always been a fan of Hannant, but this year he is just on fire!

Tallis? Well A captain to me is a very well respected player, a player who is good and a leader in his actions and words both on and off the field. A captain is usually someone who has been at a club for a very long time *usually* someone who both the fans and the players alike admire. A captain is somebody who has shown and proven his leadership through thick and thin and a player who is very experienced. Tallis definitely had the respect of his peers and fans admired him, he was a leader in everything he did on and off the field, and had been at the broncos for a long time. I'm not saying hannat doesn't deserve captaincy, nor would it be wrong if he was captain, I just feel that he does not yet have all the qualities of a captain, I don't think he has that respect of all his peers and fans alike, (not like darren lockyer, justin hodges, corey parker or k.hunt as of yet) He may very well have that once lockyer retires but if lockyer was to retire as of now Hodges would obviously be given captain, but corey parker and k hunt would me just as deserving. Hodges is from another club, but that does not make him any less of a captain, he still has full respect of his fellow players and is a leader on the field as he proved last year without lockyer. Hannat might be a great captain, i just think theres others in front of him more deserving of that C atm, The fact he is not a broncos junior is just one of the many things that come into consideration but ofcourse other factors may easily out weigh this.

kimlo said:
mick! said:
Honestly, he should be our captain when Locky retires IMO.

Leads by example, inspirational on the field and a clean, level headed bloke off it.

If his form keeps up, I'll be expecting a maroon jersey to come his way this year for sure.

I disagree there, I strongly believe that when lockyer retires Corey Parker deserves to get the captaincy, just the fact hes a Brisbane junior and only ever been at this club, if not him i think Karmicheal hunt is second in line.

Well, why? If seniority and time spent at the club were the only factors, why wasn't Andrew Gee captain of the Broncos for a while? Locky could go for another 2.5 seasons yet too, remember!

I think Hannant has all the qualities for the captaincy, despite the fact he might have played somewhere else first.

I'm pretty sure Andrew Gee was vice captain(i was young then so i could be wrong) like i said there not the only things that matter but they are taken into consideration and IMO it looks like hodges will get captain when lockyer retires and hunt will probably be vice captain, who knows we might have a leadership group and he will definitly be in that if we did have one.

Depending on how long Lockyer plays on for... But i think that Hunt will get it but it could be Hodges or Parker. i also think it will only go to 1 of them

Oh, and for the record I don't think Hannat will get the captaincy. If I was running the show, however, he'd be the one with the (c) next to his name.

mick! said:
Oh, and for the record I don't think Hannat will get the captaincy. If I was running the show, however, he'd be the one with the (c) next to his name.

Over lockyer? or do you mean when lockyer retires?

kimlo said:
mick! said:

Over lockyer? or do you mean when lockyer retires?

When Locky retires!

kimlo said:
Tallis? Well A capt

I stopped reading there.

He is an absolute workhorse! I don't even think he was 100% going into the game and to cop a head knock and then go on and play 66 minutes with huge stats just deserves a standing ovation from me. [eusa_clap.gi He will be regarded highly (If he hasn't already) and I think would be one of the great players to build the new look of the club and its foundation around along with a number of other players when we experience the post-Locky era. Having a look at the team, I don't think there's many personnel out there who are close to either side of 30 aside from Tunza and Locky. A very bright future for the Broncos! icon_thumbs_u

Captain orders for me after Lockyer would be:

- Hodges
- Hannant

Unless of course another bolter comes through and proves his worth. While I respect Parker a great deal, I don't see him as enough of a leader to take on such a powerful role.

I never see him directing play, barking at the troops, or doing anything more than your run of the mill forward. If he doesn't have that as the most senior forward, then I definitely don't want him to have the job of motivating, moving, directing, pumping the full team.

Nashy said:
Captain orders for me after Lockyer would be:

- Hodges
- Hannant

Unless of course another bolter comes through and proves his worth. While I respect Parker a great deal, I don't see him as enough of a leader to take on such a powerful role.

I never see him directing play, barking at the troops, or doing anything more than your run of the mill forward. If he doesn't have that as the most senior forward, then I definitely don't want him to have the job of motivating, moving, directing, pumping the full team.

What about Hunt?

Yes of course! Jesus, its amazing how many players I forgot about after last nights match! I even forgot about Corey Parker last night until myself and Scotty were talking about kickers!

- Hodges
- Hunt
- Hannant

icon_thumbs_u

He's really stepped up. Wouldn't look out of place ina a maroon jersey.

Johnson got knocked out in the 2nd minute in origin and played on for 60 minutes after that......

i thought for sure that he was gone after that hit. i couldn't believe how disorientated he was but he was going to get back up no matter how long it took. he was kinda up and down ther for a bit literally, but that is dedication.

Sway said:
i thought for sure that he was gone after that hit. i couldn't believe how disorientated he was but he was going to get back up no matter how long it took. he was kinda up and down ther for a bit literally, but that is dedication.

Deadset, pure strength both mentally and physically, and the fact he wacked that guy back the next time they got the ball just proves how tough he is, gee most improved player imo

Should be selected for QLD him and thaiday.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • broncotville
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.