Hunt and McCullough join Maroons

It's for training, they can train against the Queensland side with the 18's.

This. The guy is an overrated long necked knob anyway.

Chris-Lynn-Home-T20-2016.ashx
564293-5b1c1f78-a826-11e4-a5fe-ead8c8a71be1.jpg

Reckon DCE pips him

He is the second best option we have. This year he has been much more creative around the ruck. Our FRF have been getting a few tries/line breaks. His kicking game and defense are better than Friend's too.

He`s an injury to C Smith away from Debut .
The other week there was some fake news last week about Cameron being injured . I said Macca or Friend ? People thought I was a fool . Maybe ? Maybe not ? ...

I said Macca or Friend ? People thought I was a fool . Maybe ? Maybe not ? ...

Your are a fool ... just not because you think either Friend or Macca will be the next origin hooker :P

He is the second best option we have. This year he has been much more creative around the ruck. Our FRF have been getting a few tries/line breaks. His kicking game and defense are better than Friend's too.

Consistency, that's what Macca lacks. Being able to do that each season.

Smith has at least 2 more years left in him. Macca's form this year is going to matter very little. Besides, Kevvie has a hard on for Granville.

Macca has been really good this year. Great to see him training with the Maroons. He might have overtaken Friend as next in line to Cameron Smith. I'm a big Benny Hunt fan but I don't see him playing much Origin as a halfback.

McCullough is a gun defender, and that's about it. Friend is a Roosturd. Smith for 5 more years plz.

I think Lynne is great at what he does, just don't expect test batting to match what he does in 20/20. Its horses for courses. Same with DCE. He does what manly needs. He just isn't cooper cronk and I think unfair to expect him to be.
I think if I could criticize anything about qld origin coaching (both mal and kevie),, its that they build a team to the spine they expect to play at the start of every series, plan tactics and strategies to match and change very little if one of those key players go down.
DCE suffered for it, as did Milford. Neither was allowed to play to their strengths and were forced into a very subservient role to the likes of smith (and Cronk in Milford's case.)

I think Lynne is great at what he does, just don't expect test batting to match what he does in 20/20. Its horses for courses. Same with DCE. He does what manly needs. He just isn't cooper cronk and I think unfair to expect him to be.
I think if I could criticize anything about qld origin coaching (both mal and kevie),, its that they build a team to the spine they expect to play at the start of every series, plan tactics and strategies to match and change very little if one of those key players go down.
DCE suffered for it, as did Milford. Neither was allowed to play to their strengths and were forced into a very subservient role to the likes of smith (and Cronk in Milford's case.)

That's a good point, but at the same time, Mal and Kev put faith in senior players to be able to turn the tide based on instinct and sometimes going away from the game plan in order to stop the opponents momentum. That didn't happen in a very disturbing way in Origin 1, Smith and Cronk looked a little bit lost at times (and I think it affected the whole team).
Same for DCE when he has had the reigns - it's probably a confidence thing but you have to take your opportunities and big neck hasn't really done that at Origin level. I think we'll see him back in the maroon jumper at some stage, probably when an injury presents the opportunity.

So many Macca haters, he's next in line for hooker. You haters have an agenda, I don't know what that is. But mcCullough is probably the top 3 hooker in the league at the moment.

Last edited:
So many Macca haters, he's next in line for hooker. You haters have an agenda I don't what that is. Burn mcCullough is probably the top 3 hooker in the league at the moment.
Steady up. The English language is a rich resource and hate is totally inappropriate to describe the way people are talking about Macca. In just about all cases people acknowledge his strengths and it's simply a matter of preference for another.

Looking at macca, I noticed something another person noticed and made comment on: its not the speed of his passing but the fact he throws such a long pass to hit runners. It makes me think the perceived problem with his passing has more to do with team strategy to spread the zone of attack from the ruck, and stop bigger forwards from outmuscling our smaller ones, whilst making edge of the ruck defenders work harder. Its cutting out the halfbacks role at times, or letting him conserve energy for later in the tackle count.

So many Macca haters, he's next in line for hooker. You haters have an agenda, I don't know what that is. But mcCullough is probably the top 3 hooker in the league at the moment.
I hate that word "haters". It's the first time I've seen that nothing word on this page, hopefully it is the last. It is such a fanboy term.

Top 3? Oh please...

Looking at macca, I noticed something another person noticed and made comment on: its not the speed of his passing but the fact he throws such a long pass to hit runners. It makes me think the perceived problem with his passing has more to do with team strategy to spread the zone of attack from the ruck, and stop bigger forwards from outmuscling our smaller ones, whilst making edge of the ruck defenders work harder. Its cutting out the halfbacks role at times, or letting him conserve energy for later in the tackle count.

Too often he's going long pass out to Hunt and Milford when the defensive line is already set. I don't necessarily think the blame is on McCullough, Bennett for whatever reason likes to use Milford and Hunt as secondary receivers playing off of a McGuire or Blair pass when the Broncos would benefit more from adopting a Sydney Roosters style approach where Pearce will often direct his forwards through the ruck and keep the defense guessing.

McCullough's work out of dummy half has never been anything special. For any great piece of play he's come up with, you know it's eventually going to balance itself out with a poor kick, a selfish run or something else. He's a good club man and his work in defence has never gone under appreciated but he's never been able to surpass that.

Naming him as a Top 3 dummy half is an empty compliment. Outside of Cameron Smith, not many dummy halves are making waves and the ones that are like Cameron McInness and Apisai Koroisau aren't receiving a lot of recognition.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • upthebroncs
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.