Hunt and McCullough join Maroons

So all those saying that they don't want Macca to be next in line. Who would they like? What is the succession in your minds?

Big Pete would you say you would prefer McInnes, koirasau, peats to Macca in the Australian jersey?

In my mind McCullough definitely isn't a representative hooker.

I don't think anyone hates Macca. I've said it like 1000 times now, he's just an average player, he's never going to be good or great, he does his job, he's not a liability, that's about it. He's not particularly special in any aspect of his game besides his defence, which is good, but it's not like he comes up with crushing tackles that inspires the team.

He's had a relatively injury free career, and a long term run in first grade, so he's had every chance to really become a top tier player and he hasn't.

So all those saying that they don't want Macca to be next in line. Who would they like? What is the succession in your minds?

Big Pete would you say you would prefer McInnes, koirasau, peats to Macca in the Australian jersey?

No, that wasn't necessarily what I was saying. My point was that calling McCullough a Top 3 dummy half is an empty compliment because the #2 and #3 position are wide open and all it would take is for a quality talent to hit a purple patch of form to take it off of McCullough. All the name talent like Robbie Farah, Issac Luke, Matt Ballin, James Segeyaro, Josh Hodgson, Peter Wallace, Nathan Peats, Jake Granville etc. have either been off the pace or suffered injuries so far, while McCullough has only missed the one game. If these players can string a couple of good games together like Jake Friend did recently, McCullough's claims diminish.

The same can be said of McInnes and Koroisau. They haven't been recognised because of their previous form in the position, but if you accept 2017 on face value, these players along with Jayden Brailey would all be in contention for a spot inside the Top 3. Are they really the best 3 hookers in the game?

My god McCullough is an average player hahaha. Yet we can't win any games without him. He plays a massive role at the broncos. Why do you think Bennett gave him the longest upgrade contract with Milford of 4 years. It's because he is the back bone player. God I'm glad Bennett doesn't think the same way as you fellas on here.

Macca is a solid player and one of my favourites. He certainly could play representative footy.

Yet we can't win any games without him.

Round 10 2016 - Brisbane Broncos 30 defeated Manly Sea Eagles 6 - #9 Travis Waddell; #17 Kodi Nikorima
Round 14 2016 - Brisbane Broncos 26 defeated Canberra Raiders 18 - #9 Travis Waddell; #17 Kodi Nikorima

You were saying?

I'm not calling for McCullough to be punted, I'm glad he was re-signed and received this invitation. I disagree he's a Top 3 dummy half in the game and believe Queensland will be in big trouble if McCullough replaces Smith.

My god McCullough is an average player hahaha. Yet we can't win any games without him. He plays a massive role at the broncos. Why do you think Bennett gave him the longest upgrade contract with Milford of 4 years. It's because he is the back bone player. God I'm glad Bennett doesn't think the same way as you fellas on here.

Re-signed him because who else was there? All of the hookers that are better than Macca and offered more than Macca weren't available.

If they were, and we were a realistic chance of getting them, it's doubtful Macca would still be here.

Re-signed him because who else was there? All of the hookers that are better than Macca and offered more than Macca weren't available.

If they were, and we were a realistic chance of getting them, it's doubtful Macca would still be here.

Offered him a deal that long because no one else is available? So Bennett didn't really want him and thought he would lock him up anyway?

Come on. that's absolute bullshit. Thing is though you won't get much resistance with opinions like that yelling into the BHQ echo chamber.

Offered him a deal that long because no one else is available? So Bennett didn't really want him and thought he would lock him up anyway?

Come on. that's absolute bullshit. Thing is though you won't get much resistance with opinions like that yelling into the BHQ echo chamber.

It's not uncommon for a coach to keep a player because there are no better options available.

All of the better options are either locked up for a few years or aren't going to be around for that long and all of the promising youngsters running around in reserve grade are still a few years away.

All of the other options we could have got are a downgrade on Macca.

Haha! If this was the case you don't give a 27 year old a 4 year contract till he's 31 years of age. You give them a one year extension in hopes to find a better replacement. Sort of like what Bennett has done with Nikorima. Should probably think before you speak.

It's not uncommon for a coach to keep a player because there are no better options available.

All of the better options are either locked up for a few years or aren't going to be around for that long and all of the promising youngsters running around in reserve grade are still a few years away.

All of the other options we could have got are a downgrade on Macca.
Mate! It's 4 freaking years. How the hell do you know what's gonna happen in 4 years. Hahahahah

It's well known that broncos lack depth in the prop stocks. What isn't really mentioned is the lack of depth in the hooker position. Macca is our only choice really.

It's well known that broncos lack depth in the prop stocks. What isn't really mentioned is the lack of depth in the hooker position. Macca is our only choice really.
Don't understand this as Waddell covers him if injured and has done a fine job without being outstanding. Our record with McCullough out has not varied.

He`s an injury to C Smith away from Debut .
The other week there was some fake news last week about Cameron being injured . I said Macca or Friend ? People thought I was a fool . Maybe ? Maybe not ? ...

C'Mon Del, you either don't read or are stirring the pot

Nobody said you were a fool for thinking that Friend or Macca would replace Smith if injured

Damn near everybody thought you were a fool (and still do) for suggesting that it would be a blessing in disguise

C'Mon Del, you either don't read or are stirring the pot

Nobody said you were a fool for thinking that Friend or Macca would replace Smith if injured

Damn near everybody thought you were a fool (and still do) for suggesting that it would be a blessing in disguise

I do think Cameron Smith is not the player he was . He is not going to have a resurgence in form . If he was injured other players would get a chance to show if they are an option . Like I said blessing in disguise . Cronk / Smith / Thurston / Slater prolly their last series together as a spine . Gonna need to rebuild sooner or later .

I think you'd make a good coach, Big Del: I'd love to see you coach the Roosters/Manly/Melbourne/NSW.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • upthebroncs
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  • cento
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.