Hunt in Queensland Cup

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This is the other part of the halves story, how well does Ben Hunt perform after his demotion to the Queensland Cup?

He'll line up for the Ipswich Jets tomorrow afternoon against the Norths Devils, but it could be his only game for the Jets as they have the bye the week after. A strong performance from Hunt could be just the tonic he needs to get himself right and replace the injured Anthony Milford.

3pm Saturday
Ipswich Jets play host to Norths Devils.

The real story here is Chris Sandow.

Can he play his way into the spot left vacant by Milford?

Marshall/Sandow 2017!

Seriously if Sandow of all people outplays Hunt, Merge can have him regardless of whether we get Bird early

Seriously if Sandow of all people outplays Hunt, Merge can have him regardless of whether we get Bird early

Personally, I'm happy to not see him in the team again. Both for performance issues and the fact he's leaving.

But he needs to play well. If only for himself. That means taking the right options, kicking well and leading the team around.

Benji said something in the post-match about coming on and immediately knowing the game situation and how to manage it. And I thought that's something I'd never hear Hunt say. Sure Benji's been around forever, so experience matters, but it's a critical thing Hunt needs to learn and learn soon, regardless of who he's playing for

I'll be disappointed if Hunt doesn't carve up for the Jets today.

I think Hunt will be running the ball all day today.

Two things will help him, no burden of organising and no pressure as far as people and expectations. He can just relax. Dane does all the talking and organising.

He's had one session with the Jets though and will have another today- Jets train on game day. Three hours before Walkers think it helps get you up and moving before the game. Just a light run through lunch and then go watch the Reggies as a team.

It's a bit like going to club cricket when a Test player is playing- everyone assumes they will score 300 and they never do. The Jets are vastly different to the Broncos and he's going to have to get around that.

I think he'll stink it up. He doesn't have the mental fortitude to bounce back

Is he the highest paid QCup player?

Hannant played two games in 2014.
Slater played a come back game for Norths when he was an Origin and Test player.

Zillman last year, he's on a huge five year deal.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Emanon
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • azza.79
  • upthebroncs
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.