Hunt in Queensland Cup

Wasn't Slater's demotion in 2006 after he booted Skandalis in the face? And that wasn't in Q Cup either, that was for the North Sydney Bears.

I'm still locking in C. Martin Kennedy. It seemed like everytime he'd rate a mention his pay packet would mysteriously go up. What started as a reasonable 250K deal quickly turned into 400K and then more by the end of it.

Anyone going to see this today? Will be interested to know if any Broncos players are in the crowd to lend their support. Will be very telling imo.

Wasn't Slater's demotion in 2006 after he booted Skandalis in the face? And that wasn't in Q Cup either, that was for the North Sydney Bears.

I'm still locking in C. Martin Kennedy. It seemed like everytime he'd rate a mention his pay packet would mysteriously go up. What started as a reasonable 250K deal quickly turned into 400K and then more by the end of it.

It was when he was suspended for 2 weeks after a dangerous throw on Ryan Cross. Bellamy decided to give him some warm up matches for his comeback into first grade with both North Sydney Bears and Norths Devils.

I hope Hunt goes well but fear he will be lambasted regardless.

There should be a live stream of this, check the Jets Facebook page closer to kick-off.

Source? ;)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=54a6b2426c4340a486ef683d136ba656-1497053401

Any reason you keep correcting me with made up figures? This isn't the first time you've done it recently..

BEN Hunt is gunning for Cooper Cronk’s No. 7 Queensland jumper after his sublime season as Brisbane’s halfback ended on Wednesday with a $1.2 million contract bonanza.
As revealed by The Courier-Mail, Hunt’s future at the Broncos is secure, with the 24-year-old signing a two-year upgrade to keep him at Red Hill until the end of 2017.
The seven-figure extension is an emphatic statement by the Broncos, who regard Hunt as a future captain and the club’s most exciting halfback prospect since Allan Langer.

He signed a 3 year deal when Bennett came back to the club. Reported figure was 400k as it was revealed Hunt took a pay cut to stay at the Broncos after big offers from other clubs, such as the Sharks.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...resign-halfback-ben-hunt-20141001-10oi8f.html

I don't see any mention of $400k in that article.. The article I just linked above was posted on the exact same day as the one you just posted, except it has the figure of $1.2m over 2 years.. Cmon guys..

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=54a6b2426c4340a486ef683d136ba656-1497053401

Any reason you keep correcting me with made up figures? This isn't the first time you've done it recently..

I don't see any mention of $400k in that article.. The article I just linked above was posted on the exact same day as the one you just posted, except it has the figure of $1.2m over 2 years.. Cmon guys..

Uh huh.

The halfback has fielded interest from NRL and Super League rivals after a sensational season but will stay loyal to the Broncos in a deal worth an estimated $1.2 million over three years.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/ff2fe9ba6892ba8059c0704b9a19717d

He signed for three years. Not two.

He didn't sign for 3 years, he was already signed for 2015, he signed a 2 year upgrade/extension for 2016 & 2017 worth $1.2m.

According to Badel's article anyway.. who I tend to trust when it comes to contracts & figures.

It was Badel who published the article I posted..

It was when he was suspended for 2 weeks after a dangerous throw on Ryan Cross. Bellamy decided to give him some warm up matches for his comeback into first grade with both North Sydney Bears and Norths Devils.

Ta Freaky.

I had a dig through archives, Slater had only just returned from his suspension for the Skandalis incident and was playing off the bench when he was suspended for the dangerous throw in Round 13 06. He served his two week suspension, played for North Sydney in Round 16 '06 where the Bears got annihilated 54-4 by the Manly Sea Eagles. Slater then switched over to the Devils where he played a big hand in their upset victory over Tweed Heads 20-12. Slater was forced to convert his own try at some point in a funny on-field moment.

It was Badel who published the article I posted..

Now we're getting deep SF..

Badel posted the article you linked at 8:49am on October 1, 2014 stating that Hunt signed for $1.2m over 3 years (In an article bundled with the Oates extension)

He then posted an independent Hunt article at 10:00pm on October 1, 2014 stating that it was in fact a 2 year $1.2m upgrade on his current contract.

I trust 10:00pm Badel's info!

Or C. He's just throwing a figure to the wall and hoping it sticks.

But who cares about that? Let's talk about something more interesting like how many forward passes he'll throw in the game...

Or C. He's just throwing a figure to the wall and hoping it sticks.

But who cares about that? Let's talk about something more interesting like how many forward passes he'll throw in the game...

You been watching a bit of Millionaire Hot Seat Pete? Seem to be locking in C quite a bit today!

He is the highest paid ISC player ever, Slater is the only one in the ballpark, but he wasn't on $600k a season back in 2006, not even close from memory.

Edit: Just found an article stating that Slater was on roughly $400k a season between 2010 & 2013, so there's absolutely no doubt that Hunt is the highest paid Queensland Cup player ever.

Bullshit !

Active Now

• johnyE
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
  • broncoscope
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • YeahNahMate
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Confidor
  • Dexter
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • kman
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.