Hunt Signs with St George Illawarra

The important question is, in the spirit of handing out captaincies to players on their way out, is Ben Hunt given the same honour for 2017?

What is you think we have been doing the last few seasons? They have all been development seasons.

Lol what, they've been the exact opposite, the only players we've really been developing over the last 2 seasons are Milford & Oates - We've been gunning hard for a premiership with our old guys, Hodges, Parker, Thaiday, Boyd.

We're just doing a mini-rebuild, it'll take us a year tops to find a Halfback as good as or better than Hunt, once we do that, guess what, we're back in premiership contention.

Chris Garry is reporting Hunt has told the club he will be signing with the Dragons...

Fuckin what about the butt hurt Hunt lovers in here then.

Pretty huge loss really, but whatever, if he wants to go **** his career at a shit club, all the best. Hope he's in Q-Cup next year.

Lol what, they've been the exact opposite, the only players we've really been developing over the last 2 seasons are Milford & Oates - We've been gunning hard for a premiership with our old guys, Hodges, Parker, Thaiday, Boyd.

We're just doing a mini-rebuild, it'll take us a year tops to find a Halfback as good as or better than Hunt, once we do that, guess what, we're back in premiership contention.

I'll see that bet.

1000 bucks says that in 1 year we haven't signed or developed a half who has taken a team to an NRL gf.

Hunt is on stuff all compared to some halves.

We'll get some numpty like Brooks.

But enjoy. This is what the Hunt Haters wanted. This is their dream.

When it doesn't work watch them all back out of what they previous wrote.

All these Pro Hunt people saying we are going to be doomed. Honestly I think this increases our chances of a premiership. The combination didn't work. They had some very lucky breaks with catching teams off guard etc in 2015 and Hunt and Milford had their best ever season and it still wasn't good enough. Not even with Parker playing well and the experience of Hodges in the team. 2016, besides the first 10 rounds which hardly count as most teams don't have their defensive structures set, they werent able to get the job done against the big teams. We haven't gone from premiership certainties to woodenspooners so stop getting so worried. We could find a 120kg halfback that has a fantastic kicking game and decent defensive game and nothing else and possibly have more chance of winning a comp.

I'll see that bet.

1000 bucks says that in 1 year we haven't signed or developed a half who has taken a team to an NRL gf.

Wait, so this half doesn't get 150 first grade games like hunt did?

No way should Hunt be dropped to the QLD Cup.

Then we will have to put up with Benji at halfback.

I like Benji, I think he is a good signing, but not if he is playing halfback.

As good as or better in a year you reckon? Not happening.

What is it with people and betting on here lately. Make it real, a cool $10k

I'll see that bet.

Brent, you do realise to sign hunt we would have had to offer him probably over $800k a season to have any chance... Doing that we would have had to lose a vital member of the team. Hunt is about to get $1 mil a season, Ash taylor would be on probably 1/3 of that. There is no value in Hunt for us at $1 mil a season. Not when we have milford who will command even more. You can't spend over $2 mil on two players who are almost identical in playstyle, that just doesn't work.

We need Ash Taylor back I think. Somehow. Maybe if he's injured this year and Elgey goes well with Tyrone the club might wanna offload him to extend Hayne

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Aldo
  • Bongo
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Thelmus
  • Fozz
  • Locky24
  • Rambstien
  • Galah
  • broncotville
  • Fitzy
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Maddy
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.