If the Broncos did a Storm, what would you do....

Anonymous person said:
what do you have to say about the 2x$120k over the salary caps years? honest mistakes too? lol. id like to think in the entire financial department of the broncos there is at least 1 person who can use a calculator properly.....

i dont think the storm shouldve just copped a fine, no. i still dont and never will agree to losing their premierships though.

The more I think about it the less I think the premiership penalties actually matter. People will still say the Storm won those 2 premierships. it'll just be treated with the * treatment. Just like people say the Broncos won the 1997 premiership, and add the "super league" bit as a "clarification".

Which 2 years were those breaches? Were they years the Broncos had particularly bad injury and/or origin representation? If so it would've meant the Broncos were paying a lot more people to step up to first grade, plus potentially upgrades to contracts of players who made Test and Origin debuts.

This is the problem the Broncos used to (and Storm now) face. If you spend your full cap on your 25 man squad, you can't handle the injury and representative toll.

IMO that's another area that the cap rules should be relaxed. ie, players who are injured or unavailable for rep duty have their salary removed from the cap pro rata.

Coxy said:
Which 2 years were those breaches? Were they years the Broncos had particularly bad injury and/or origin representation? If so it would've meant the Broncos were paying a lot more people to step up to first grade, plus potentially upgrades to contracts of players who made Test and Origin debuts.

2001 - $118,314

2002 - $115,067 (Fully disclosed.)

For 2001's they got done in 2002... Im guessing both amounts tied in together.

draggx said:
Coxy said:

2001 - $118,314

2002 - $115,067 (Fully disclosed.)

For 2001's they got done in 2002... Im guessing both amounts tied in together.

2001...hmmm, that was the year that Carl Webb, Brad Meyers, Chris Walker, Dane Carlaw etc etc made their Origin debuts...as I suspected. Plus we had long term injuries to Scott Prince, Ben Ikin and Shaun Berrigan.

2002: similar story, including the "baby Broncos" game where something like 8 kids made their debut.

So as I suspected, not cheating, simply circumstances resulting in overspend.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.