If you could, what would you change about State of Origin?

I used to love it but it kept ****ing me off with ruining Broncos season (combined with douche players playing for qld nowadays). I would like it more if it wasnt affecting the Broncos so much.
Brisbane only lost 3 players its not like there is five or six of them out.
Look on the bright side, the way the retention and recruitment is going in the next couple of years Broncos won't lose any players to Origin.

Some others -

Play in the state you were born or raised in (if not residing and playing in Australia after 13 years old not eligible)
Non Australian Citizens not eligible.
No more games in Melbourne or anywhere else besides QLD and NSW.
No purchasing of games like NSW did this year.
No more than 4 players allowed to be selected from each club per game.
No golden point.

Why is that?

Let's see...

1) It's supposed to be the best players from QLD facing off against the best from NSW. Enforcing quotas just undermines that completely and will impact players signing behaviour.

Plus how do you decide who gets priority? If you brought in such a stupid rule, NSW would just pick Ryan Hoffman, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Jason Ryles and Brett Finch. Most would server nothing but the fact they keep out QLD's spine trio would make it more than worth it.

I'd go on, but #1 is a pretty good reason as it is

Stand alone weekend.NRL last fixture game is on sunday when both sides are announced.The SOO sides go into camp Monday then play on Sunday .Seven days to prepare for SOO.Then the NRL next round resume on the following Friday night.The players who have to back up on Friday have 5 days to recover.Also if you get a suspension during a SOO your suspension is for the next origin.That would make them think about there actions.

Last edited:
Let's see...

1) It's supposed to be the best players from QLD facing off against the best from NSW. Enforcing quotas just undermines that completely and will impact players signing behaviour.

Plus how do you decide who gets priority? If you brought in such a stupid rule, NSW would just pick Ryan Hoffman, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Jason Ryles and Brett Finch. Most would server nothing but the fact they keep out QLD's spine trio would make it more than worth it.

I'd go on, but #1 is a pretty good reason as it is
Yeah the more I think about it it was a dumb idea. I was meaning for players for both teams to lose a maximum of 4 mitigating teams doing bad during the origin series but yeah, forget that par of my post haha.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.