Injury rules Hunt out for Broncos

does anyone know if minto from souths logan is on a second tier contract at all?
i know the talk is about nikorima, scarlett and murphy, however this guy to me would be a better overall replacement. he is a bigger body and has a really good all round game. i know wayne did sign him to the knights when he was down there as a half and he played cup most of the year but i think he did get a few games in the top grade somewhere along the line.
he might be a smokey

Hunt will be named in the extended team list from about round 8 onwards, regardless of when he's expected to return.

does anyone know if minto from souths logan is on a second tier contract at all?
i know the talk is about nikorima, scarlett and murphy, however this guy to me would be a better overall replacement. he is a bigger body and has a really good all round game. i know wayne did sign him to the knights when he was down there as a half and he played cup most of the year but i think he did get a few games in the top grade somewhere along the line.
he might be a smokey

That last name......get him in there.

he might be a smokey

Smokin' Joe likes this.

Confirmed?

he might be a smokey

I'm sure he was mentioned a few weeks ago , and smokin joe liked your post. You might be onto something.

I just rate Minto. Really good footballer that just hasn't had an opportunity for whatever reason. Don't read too much into it [emoji3]

I just rate Minto. Really good footballer that just hasn't had an opportunity for whatever reason. Don't read too much into it [emoji3]

Ok . what are your thoughts on jack bird mate ?

He looked like he would've injured it in the put down. Latrell? came over the top and his right leg looked like it over stretched.

He wouldn't have injured if he had just put the ball down straight away instead of fucking around in the in goal
This is definitely how it happened. Hunt went to put the ball down really strangely and when Latrell Mitchell landed on him it almost reversed the knee. Hunt should have just put it down asap but, to be fair to Hunt, Mitchell was being a bit of a grub. Shit happens.

Ben Hunt long kicks and defence going to miss big time. I am not sure Milford can handle kicking game. I think if wayne go with kodi in 7. Andrew going to do more kicking next week.
Hey Pushkin, superb work ! I noticed and it is great that you've made such an effort when it isn't easy.

Last edited:
From memory he was a large part of the reason the Mackay Cutters won the Intrust Super Cup - then he went south to Newcastle with Bennett.

Losing Ben Hunt is BAD. Will be interesting to see how the team goes without him. IMHO it will silence quite a few of his critics.

I have a feeling that the Broncos will ultimately benefit from this. I'm pretty sure Hunt will not be involved in soo this year so he'll be around for that period. We get to trial run a few things and where we have been lean on in the past we will have some energetic young forwards and the experience of Marshall to compensate. We might just go okay this year.

Thaiday seems to believe that Hunt made it worse by making that tackle on Mitchell.

He could be right. But if he didn't make that tackle, Roosters score.

This guy is usually pretty spot on with his stuff.

It would be huge news if true.

Nikorima has done a commendable job holding down the fort, but he just isn't as assertive as Ben Hunt is on the field. Before his injury, Hunt was beginning to get back to his 2015 form and had a few people doubting whether Brisbane had chosen the right half to throw their support behind.

Running more this morning at training.

tT5aJrO6SvK9oAquhxE4_20170424_094435.jpg

Yeah he'll be back for the double header against Manly

It would be huge news if true.

Nikorima has done a commendable job holding down the fort, but he just isn't as assertive as Ben Hunt is on the field. Before his injury, Hunt was beginning to get back to his 2015 form and had a few people doubting whether Brisbane had chosen the right half to throw their support behind.

I think the big difference for Hunt from 2016 and the start of 2017 is the confidence he was gaining and with that signs of improvement and influence to the side prior to his injury against the Roosters. It's pretty clear the Grand Final had a huge negative impact and it very much followed him for the 2016 season. How he handles the return from this injury will be interesting and he is by no means back to his best, the fact he has been working hard in his recovery to return as soon as possible is a good sign and I certainly hope he comes out firing.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Midean
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bronx48
  • Battler
  • Organix
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.