Injury rules Hunt out for Broncos

He got the injury walking back onside.

Even if they awarded the try, it would have made no difference.

Really? Haven't seen footage of the injury actually occurring. Never seen someone get injured walking back onside, anyone got the footage?

Really? Haven't seen footage of the injury actually occurring. Never seen someone get injured walking back onside, anyone got the footage?

There is no footage of the injury actually happening, only after it.

This is what Hunt said.

“I scored the try (which was later disallowed) and I went to walk away and it (his hamstring) just grabbed.

https://broncoshq.com/threads/hunt-anoints-kodi-nikorima-as-the-man-to-replace-him.31513/

It was just bad luck.. I was dreading that he would get an injury like that this season. He has had such a great run of not having any bad injuries.

I think we've got a good enough team to at least go 5-3 over the next 8 games without Hunt, season is still alive. It may be a blessing in disguise because at least we may get to see what a couple of guys can bring to the halves (Nikorima / Scarlett). If they suck and we lose a bunch of games, at least Wayne knows he has to buy someone for next season.

Lucky our draw eases up over the next month or two. I think he will be back earlier and be fresh. Similar to Boyd in 2015. This season is ours.
Yeah he's played a lot of football, as long as Niko can do alright in the meantime (which I believe he can) we'll get a fresh Hunt who will want to play well in his last year with us.

I still think we'll do well this year as long as the origin period doesn't screw us.

Hopefully we'll start playing more exciting footy with Kodi and Milford in the halves. Both are the types of players who play at their best with offloads and ball movement.

If he missed the first six weeks rather than the next six our season would have been over.

Time for Milford to take the reigns.

Ben Hunt long kicks and defence going to miss big time. I am not sure Milford can handle kicking game. I think if wayne go with kodi in 7. Andrew going to do more kicking next week.

Kodi will do very well and will be a excellent replacement for hunt... i agree will miss hunts Defence

Unfortunate we have lost Marshall as well. Time for Niko to show he can be our half back going forward. Great opportunity for him now.

Unfortunate we have lost Marshall as well. Time for Niko to show he can be our half back going forward. Great opportunity for him now.

I really don't think Kodi will play a halfback's role. I think he will play like a 6 and the halfback responsibilities will go to Milford.

He got the injury the set after the "forward pass" didn't he? Damn touchie cost us big time.:angry:
He looked like he would've injured it in the put down. Latrell? came over the top and his right leg looked like it over stretched.

He wouldn't have injured if he had just put the ball down straight away instead of fucking around in the in goal

He looked like he would've injured it in the put down. Latrell? came over the top and his right leg looked like it over stretched.

He wouldn't have injured if he had just put the ball down straight away instead of fucking around in the in goal
My god you fellows are Hard on him! Criticize him for kicking, passing and tackling if you will, but saying his hamstring is self-inflicted for a putdown is pretty tough, even for bhq.

How did 2-3 end up being 6-8 . Maybe a little game being played by Bennett maybe??

How did 2-3 end up being 6-8 . Maybe a little game being played by Bennett maybe??

you see it every now an again ... doctors on the day think it will be a certain time frame based on initial exams and info from the player ... then they get the results from the scans back and it is worse than they initially thought

you see it every now an again ... doctors on the day think it will be a certain time frame based on initial exams and info from the player ... then they get the results from the scans back and it is worse than they initially thought

Bugger ! Hoping he recovers quicker , i have my doubts about knik.

My god you fellows are Hard on him! Criticize him for kicking, passing and tackling if you will, but saying his hamstring is self-inflicted for a putdown is pretty tough, even for bhq.
I'm a Benny fan btw and I was frustrated at the time that he was running around at a vital time when all he had to do was put the ball down. He also had roosters coming from everywhere trying to hit the ball out

Broncos players have a history of returning from injuries quicker. I doubt he'll be out for 6 weeks.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.