Injury Update

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
I thought he had an excellent second half of 2012. I didn't think much of him in the years before but he really came into it by late last year, possibly one of our better players in a pretty average season, and I had him pegged for a big 2013. Either way, good to know we have some depth there

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
On Copley, I have always rated him as having a decent future in the NRL (and remember it is not possible to have superstars filling every single position on the field like some people seem to think) I though in 2012 he was building to something ... although not flashy from the middle of 2012 on he was running the ball back hard (and getting our sets off to a good start) he does need to work on his hands a bit more though. I see his future definitely in the centers. i think he will be a good replacement for Hodges in the years to come, as a big strong center who can hopefully get a good offload to a speedy winger.

I have another prediction: if he does entrench himself in our starting side with continuous good performances; all the people on here who are calling him a 'muppet' or 'second rate' or whatever other negative term they have for him, will suddenly be saying that they had faith in him all along and never doubted him

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Copley was pretty dreadful when he first came into the side... Fail Dropley anyone? But as mentioned, his 2012 form was very solid, and he was showing a lot of promise towards the end of the season.

Two things I really like about him, which also make him an ideal centre - his ability to almost always beat the first man with footwork and his upper body strength. Seems to be able to bump defenders off quite easily if they go in high on him.

The kid has a great attitude. I remember @broncos4life telling us how he was having a chat with him prior to a match earlier this year, seemed like a really nice guy.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Exactly, I was Copley's biggest detractor and said similar things about what we all say about Maranta but I can also admit when I was wrong. I started becoming excited about Copley towards the back end of '12 and saw something I hadn't seen before. As Foordy said, no team can be full of stars.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Copley was pretty dreadful when he first came into the side... Fail Dropley anyone? But as mentioned, his 2012 form was very solid, and he was showing a lot of promise towards the end of the season.

Two things I really like about him, which also make him an ideal centre - his ability to almost always beat the first man with footwork and his upper body strength. Seems to be able to bump defenders off quite easily if they go in high on him.

The kid has a great attitude. I remember @broncos4life telling us how he was having a chat with him prior to a match earlier this year, seemed like a really nice guy.

Very true Ning. I was actually surprised at how down to earth and honest he was. It was before that awful warriors game where they humiliated us and all he wanted was to get back on the field for the broncos... And see the back of Norman lol

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Dale was a good mate of mine at school, we were in nearly every class together in Grade 10 & 11, really nice guy, I've always been very critical of him because I know how good he can be.. hopefully he gets a chance throughout 2014 and steps up.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Copley was only 20/21 last year, so it's not that surprising that he wasn't great before that, not everyone dominates as a teenager. I hope he makes the most of his chances when he plays again (and he likely will get a shot at some point next year).

There is so much competition for back line spots next year... I hope Griffindor doesn't blow it by playing back rowers there.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
603163_399616356832287_1035304489_n.jpg

Active Now

• Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Swordfish
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.