Inside Story: How Milford became the hunter

I can see how guys with personality like McGuires can make it hard for young soft spoken halves to take charge. Just a theory, as rumor was he was a bit of a bully.

I don’t remember any great kicks coming out of trouble? We were never coming out of trouble on Friday night as far as I was concerned. We dominated field position the entire game besides the 5min period where the cowboys had 4 or 5 sets on our line. I do remember a lot of balls on the ground and being tackled on the 4th or 5th tackle as he ran back into the defence.

I’m calling it how I see it mate. I love the bloke and hope he can’tregain that 2015 season form but value for money at the moment Nikorima is miles ahead in my mind.

Freudian slip?

Did you watch the knights yesterday? Ponga through an unbelievable cut out pass for great try. I’ve never seen Milford throw a 30m cut out pass across the face of three players to put the winger over. Ponga has just as good of a running game if not better then Milford and his passing game looks to be developing into a much higher standard then Milford’s too.
I did actually, that was the 1 good thing he did in 2 games. He’s in my SVRL team so I watched him closely. His kicking game is non existent compared to Milf at the moment....
compare milf to Luke Keary or Cameron Munster, those guys are lit af right now.

I did actually, that was the 1 good thing he did in 2 games. He’s in my SVRL team so I watched him closely. His kicking game is non existent compared to Milf at the moment....
compare milf to Luke Keary or Cameron Munster, those guys are lit af right now.
Luke Keary has to be the best value for money half in the game at the moment. Of course he'd be on minimun wage at the Roosters, but still.

Did you watch the knights yesterday? Ponga through an unbelievable cut out pass for great try. I’ve never seen Milford throw a 30m cut out pass across the face of three players to put the winger over. Ponga has just as good of a running game if not better then Milford and his passing game looks to be developing into a much higher standard then Milford’s too.

You didn't see the unbelievable cutout pass Milf threw to Boyd who passed to Roberts for a try in the 2nd half?

Great vision and execution.

I’ll ask you this then.

Who is better value for money at the moment? Nikorima or Milford?
Nikorima probably is, but that means absolutely nothing. Of course, you could fill the team with "value for money" guys, and you'll probably struggle to beat the Bulldogs...

If I had to make a choice, I would take Milford 100 out of 100 times. This doesn't mean I want Kodi out of the club, on the contrary I have plenty of admiration for the bloke, just not as a halfback.

You didn't see the unbelievable cutout pass Milf threw to Boyd who passed to Roberts for a try in the 2nd half?

Great vision and execution.
Or that great kick from our half that stopped perfectly in the Cows try area, followed by a great kick chase from himself. Or his work on most other tries.

Those 2 wayward passes at the start of the game coloured the perception of Milford this game.

I saw that pass. Milford's also done that several times.

A couple of examples, Round 22 2015 vs Bulldogs. Round 6 2016 vs Dragons. Both of them to Oates.

As for Ponga's passing game developing into a much higher standard than Milford's, I would strongly suggest you freshen your memory of Milford's passing game.

Freudian slip?

More likely a Freudian nighty. I know I have done a complete backflip with a triple pike from my position at the start of last year, but can't we all just wait for 6-10 rounds and see how everyone is playing at that stage before drawing the knives and making decisions about player's careers??? Particularly young halves, one of whom is coming back from off-season surgery with a limited pre-season. (not directed at you B4L).

value for money at the moment Nikorima is miles ahead in my mind

That's such an arbitrary statement though, in terms of "value for money" you could say that Flegler is one of the greatest Broncos of all time, he's on minimum wage and is making noticeable impact every game, what more could ask for? Future immortal in the value for money category.

Milford is still sooooooo much better than Nikorima it's not even funny. He tends to start slow every year, but this year he actually has an excuse, with the off-season should reconstruction and pre-season hammy tweak, by round 6 he'll be back at 100% and outplaying Nikorima every game, don't fret.

I’m obviously watching a different game to the rest of you all lol. From my point of view Milford isn’t anywhere near the player he was in 2015, especially in the running game compartment. I’m not just judging this on two games this season but last season as well. I still think he is a brilliant player but I see so many people on here quickly slam Nikorima for a bad game and Milford seems to get off lightly. Milford should be a lot more accountable for bad games then Nikorima. One of them is getting paid 1 million a year and the other is getting paid 1/5 of that.

My favourite milf sequence of the game. Watch from 48 - 55mins.

Oneill drops ball 10m out from his line. We have a few runs with Milf close to the line directing play, he almost puts Pangai thru again with great late pass - follows up by quick into dummy half, Kodi is right there yelling at Sua to stay as a blocker, cuts out Kodi straight to boyd - Roberts try. From the kick we take it to the 50 and kodi puts it into touch. At 53mins Cowboys have a great set, end to end - pressuring us with a good kick and kick chase. The first time they've looked like getting on the front foot. From that play, Milf kicks on 4th. The ball sits up 1m from deadball line, and who is the one to make the first tackle... Milf. Cowboys have to start set 5m out from their line, effectively killing momentum before it could even start

Mate, he is our best player. He definitely had a quieter game by his standards, but to call him horrible, in my opinion, means you gots an agenda. Apart from those two shitty passes at the start i thought he actually had a really good game. He was involved in every try in some way, except Pangai's

Last edited:

Active Now

• RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Splinter
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Griffo
  • Jedhead
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.