International Cricket 2012/13

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Mar 5, 2008
For all discussion of International cricket this summer.

Enormous test for the Aussies this summer at home against what probably is the best test outfit in the world atm - South Africa.

Really liking how our bowling stocks are looking .. we've got some real depth there with Harris, Hilfenhaus, Siddle, Starc, Pattinson & Cummins .. & even on the home front, Ben Cutting is knocking on the door & Alistair McDerrmot is improving virtually by the day .. As long as Mitchel Johnson is kept as far away from the test scene as possible, we'll be sweet in the fast bowling dept.

Hopefully Nathan Lyon can continue to develop .. he seems to be made of the right stuff.

Our batting is the big weakness imo .. outside of Watson & Clarke there's a real potential for frailty in our top six .. as evidence I guess by the half dozen or so times we've been rolled for under 100 over the last few years .. South Africa has a fantastic batch of quicks at the moment and they're all pretty much at the peak of their powers .. certainly could get a bit ugly for us at various stages during this upcoming series.

Last edited:
Looking more and more likely that Wade will retain his spot in front of Haddin which is excellent news IMO. This should be Punters last summer without doubt and probably Husseys as well.

Sounds like haddin will make way. About time IMO

beads beat me to it lol

I like the fact our tail can wag.

the trouble with the top order is that there is no one banging on the door to replace ponting and hussey.

I like the fact our tail can wag.

the trouble with the top order is that there is no one banging on the door to replace ponting and hussey.

Very true but I would have liked a younger batsmen to have given this summer to get used to Test cricket in preparation for the Ashes. I think taking Hussey and Punter to England would be a mistake. Plus the next Ashes series is back to back.

Pat Cummins done for the summer before the summer even began .... again .... speaking a bit out of frustration atm but this sh*t is getting ridiculous ... the kid has been been cotton wool for a year now but continues to break like china ..

Bought my tickets to day 2 at the Gabba (best cricket ground ever!!!!!). Was going to go on the Friday but I have a history exam that morning.

Pat Cummins done for the summer before the summer even began .... again .... speaking a bit out of frustration atm but this sh*t is getting ridiculous ... the kid has been been cotton wool for a year now but continues to break like china ..

He is 19 and bowls close to 150 clicks. Always going to happen. Needs to fix his bowling action a bit and be patient. His body just isn't up to it yet.

Watto could be out of the first test with a calf injury. Bowled one over today and went off with soreness. If he is out it will be interesting who they bring in as cover.

Rob Quiney has been called in as cover for Watson.

Interesting selection. Probably says more about where the selectors think Uzzie and Hughes are at than anything else. Forrest seems to have fallen well down the pecking order.

He deserves his chance - been one of the best domestic bats (in all forms) for a few season now. Very versatile.

Quiney does certainly deserve his chance. His average of 37 in first class cricket doesn't fill me with excitement but his form over the last 18 months has been very good. Forrest can't buy a run so was no hope IMO. Khawaja and Hughes will get another shot but both have plenty to work on.

Final 11 to be named tomorrow. Can't wait for it, looking forward to this summer. Lets hope we put up a fight against the S. Africans and make it an exciting series.

As much as I love the other forms of cricket, nothing beats Test Matches.

Nothing beats test matches. Spot on Hitman. Hearing that we are keen on playing 4 quicks. I think the weather forecast has more to do with this decision than the pitch IMO. Interested to see how Quiney goes. He deserves his chance but I don't think he has the next level in him to be a consistent test match cricketer

Yes I hear there's rain coming. I hope it happens after stumps.

Yes I hear there's rain coming. I hope it happens after stumps.

I'd be surprised if we get much. Probably just turn into late afternoon storms.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.