International Cricket 2012/13

Went for a tour of the sheds with Justin Langer today and watched the nets session. The lads are looking good and Punter was batting real well, no signs of hamstring pain.

Went for a tour of the sheds with Justin Langer today and watched the nets session. The lads are looking good and Punter was batting real well, no signs of hamstring pain.

Attachments

• NETFORM.jpg
    NETFORM.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 38
About an hour or so to go. Thought they'd release the official team by now.

Australia (Playing XI): Ed Cowan, David Warner, Rob Quiney, Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke(c), Michael Hussey, Matthew Wade(w), Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, James Pattinson, Nathan Lyon

early wicket of smith is good to see

It's been a loooooooong day.

Feels like that 2011/12 season was just a mirage.

Alma and Kallis look extremly settled and will be tough to dismiss tommorow morning. We need to get the best out of the new ball, there will be a lot more swing in the pitch. Going tommorow so I hope the rain holds of.

Bad days cricket from the Aussies. Bowlers lacked real penetration and just seemed off the boil. Saffas are a very very good team and should win the series so it was always going to be tough. Expected more from our quicks though. Hoping for a big turn around tomorrow.

Alma and Kallis look extremly settled and will be tough to dismiss tommorow morning. We need to get the best out of the new ball, there will be a lot more swing in the pitch. Going tommorow so I hope the rain holds of.

If it doesn't rain there'll be play, but the forecast doesn't look good for you.

What's the status on Duminy? He got carried off after play after doing his ankle playing footy

What's the status on Duminy? He got carried off after play after doing his ankle playing footy

Nothing concrete yet but it sounds serious. May not bat or bowl which would be handy.

Yeah I'm going tomorrow too, we need early wickets

Tomorrow's the only day I'm okay with rain as I'll be playing cricket myself all arvo, so I won't be able to watch it anyway!

Duminy gone for the series with a ruptured achilles

Very poor bowling by the Aussies today. Funnily enough, bowling with the new ball is pretty simple - keep it in the doorway to departure and use whatever swing and variable movement is produced. The crap they tried on Smith was a massive brain fart. They wasted the best bowling conditions of the day hoping to catch him nudging around the corner.

After going through bowling coaches like NSW turnover players we finally got a good'un. I wasn't sure if it was the promotion of Clarke, however we're one day into what is to be a long summer and in hindsight I think McDermott was highly under-valued.

There is just no excuse for dropping short of a length at the 'Gabba.

PS. Lyon is poo, bring back Hauritz.

There is nothing worse in cricket than rain delays. I'd much rather wait at a doctor's surgery than this... and I hate waiting at the doctors. So how's the weather ATM by Brisbane friends? Does it look like they will abandon the day?

Bad day yesterday, bowling not at it's best. I hope I'm wrong but Amla or Kallis look like they are on their way to huge scores. When play resumes, I hope we get Kallis out nice and quick or he's going to rip our bowling attack apart.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.