International Cricket 2012/13

Ed Cowan and Clarkey have been fantastic. They have summed up the situaton and done exactly what Australia needed.

Congragulations on your 1st test century Ed.

Lame draw on the cards

Draw yes, but think it has some significance. It's shown Australia really can fight, something they failed to show in the Ashes 2 summers ago. At 3/40 chasing 450, the Australian side under Ponting 2 years ago would've been all out for 150.

Well spoken Coxy. As much as I love Ponting he is well past his best and his time is up.

Draw yes, but think it has some significance. It's shown Australia really can fight, something they failed to show in the Ashes 2 summers ago. At 3/40 chasing 450, the Australian side under Ponting 2 years ago would've been all out for 150.

yep, there's a few little psychological daggers we can throw at these guys yet ... save for Cowan's run out, their bowlers have gone 0-400 since yesterday afternoon ... have only been watching via live scores today but things look like they've gotten pretty ragged for SA's bowling going by the boundary-a-thon clarke and hussey have laid on late today .. I reckon we get back in tomorrow morning, bat through the first session positively and push for a lead of 120 or so by lunch then throw the kitchen sink at them tomorrow afternoon with the ball.

Even if we can have them 5 or 6 for 150 by the end of the day that'll give us plenty to take into the next test.

Keeping their bowlers working for as long as possible in this test could serve us well for the rest of the series ...

Clarkey brings up his 200.

Awesome work, he's really stood up these past two seasons and I'm really happy to see that.

C'mon Aussie!

Oh **** we're in trouble. No chance of a win here at the Gabba.

Couldn't agree more. Perfectly put

yep, there's a few little psychological daggers we can throw at these guys yet ... save for Cowan's run out, their bowlers have gone 0-400 since yesterday afternoon ... have only been watching via live scores today but things look like they've gotten pretty ragged for SA's bowling going by the boundary-a-thon clarke and hussey have laid on late today .. I reckon we get back in tomorrow morning, bat through the first session positively and push for a lead of 120 or so by lunch then throw the kitchen sink at them tomorrow afternoon with the ball.

Even if we can have them 5 or 6 for 150 by the end of the day that'll give us plenty to take into the next test.

Keeping their bowlers working for as long as possible in this test could serve us well for the rest of the series ...

mission accomplished.

Drawn match but you'd have to say the Aussies were the moral victors in the end. Both sides will take a lot out of it.

South Africa can regroup with a full compliment of players as well as bring Tahir back into the attack to add the variety they sorely missed at the Gabba.

Meanwhile, Australia could welcome back Watson (will he be back? hope to god so) and they'll probably rotate Hilfenhaus for Starc to make our attack a little more lethal. I'm not sold on Starc honestly, would much rather Cutting but that's the reality.

People are talking about bringing Watson back to bat and bowl. I'd just have him bat. He's too fragile to bowl, and too important to the batting line up.

I hope we bring Starc in. He is a wicket taker who would compliment Pattinson IMO. Watto should come back in if fit but he may not be fit.

Oh **** we're in trouble. No chance of a win here at the Gabba.

People are talking about bringing Watson back to bat and bowl. I'd just have him bat. He's too fragile to bowl, and too important to the batting line up.

1000% he's batting is more important than his bowling

Starc is not a red ball bowler. I'm not sure if he will develop into one, he is just far too inconsistent. Our best white ball strike bowler, however.

Watto has to bowl, he's probably our best besides JPatt.

Starc is not a red ball bowler. I'm not sure if he will develop into one, he is just far too inconsistent. Our best white ball strike bowler, however.

Watto has to bowl, he's probably our best besides JPatt.

Yes, but he's more fragile than Ray Hadley's ego.

Australia name the exact same side from the Gabba Test.

Feeling a little indifferent, I suppose Watto wasn't fit enough and they were willing to give the bowlers the benefit of the doubt.

I fail to see how Watson could have been fit if he can't bowl. He had a calf injury so he was clearly not ready. Was keen to see Starc but Hilfy will get the job done if he fixes his action up.. Should be a cracking test match.

Tbh I would have preferred starc in for Hilfy. I'm a big fan of hilfenhaus but I reckon we need a lefty

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncsgoat
  • phoenix
  • jd87
  • bb_gun
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Santa
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.