Intrust Super Cup 2014

Redcliffe beat Burleigh in the Colts.

Easts currently leading Wynnum 20-14 in FOGS.

What a shellacking.

That stomp on Giess was terrible.

Easts have been completely shut down. alter and Garbutt included.

Last edited:
Well, that degenerated quickly.

This whole game has descended into a farce. Both sides are very dirty.

A big brawl apparently broke out.

4 players, 2 from each side was sent off.

Pride still won 36-4.

Even though Pride were up 30 points to nil they put a stomp on Troy Giess. Later a few punches were thrown in the scrum. Pride Hooker? took exception to something said in the scrum and started unloading. I saw one punch go the other way. They sent a player from each team.
Ethan Lowe got sent soon afterward followed by Easts captain when he told the ref to get control of the game.

Sounds crazy. Thanks guys, I'm sure it'll be up on YouTube at some point.

It was Ricky Thorby throwing punches in the scrum.

Reithmuller- Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Thorby- Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Bromwich Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Mat Zgajewski Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Steve Thorpe Grade Four- Offensive Language

Pride way too good on Sunday, what I thought would be a great game just wasn't. Pride blew them away and Tigers could never get it back.

The last 10 minutes was a result of simmering tension from just after half time. I don't think it was handled too well.

Obst was great for the Pride, got them around the field and just rod shot gun on a great pack. Garbutt had a needle pre- game on his shoulder and will get checked out by the Broncos this week.

Pride v Panthers on Sunday but the Pride will be missing a few.

Wow, that's a bummer for the Pride.

Taken the early plea- Reithmuller misses Sydney and Thorby is free to play.

Reithmuller- Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Thorby- Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Bromwich Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Mat Zgajewski Grade 1 Detrimential Conduct
Steve Thorpe Grade Four- Offensive Language

Thanks 1910. Only caught a few of their names during the game. None of the incidents made the highlight reel.

I read someone comment that Reithmuller copped a kick to the groin so the stomp was his retaliation. I missed that but it was hard to miss the stomp. Should have been dealt with there and then. The game descended into a melee from there.

Not sure what Matt Zgrajewski did to deserve a charge in this game. It looked like he broke up the fight to me. Thorby gave him a couple as thanks.
I'm guessing it was Brommwich's arm that flew out of the melee (missing everyone). He'd only copped a few punches from Thorby before he retaliated.
Steve Thorpe was on point with his comment that got him binned ;) He's off to England. Do you know if his one match ban affects him over there?

Hopefully Pride beat the Panthers and keep it clean.

Anyone got a highlight reel of this game? The QRL has a 2 minute clip of tries and nothing else :|

Is there a thread for the Panthers Pride game? Pride look to have the Panthers on the back foot from the outset.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • broncoscope
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.