Intrust Super Cup 2014

It's strange how Davis never got a chance in the NRL. It sounds like he's been dominating lower grade comps all his life. Maybe he's like Josh Lewis and no one likes him, or maybe he's just unlucky.

Henjak quits after reading he could be sacked. I'm not too sure on the exact details, but it sounds like he once again made the mistake of reading too much into the media.

Henjak quits after reading he could be sacked. I'm not too sure on the exact details, but it sounds like he once again made the mistake of reading too much into the media.

He didn't 'read' it the Falcons have told him his future won't be secure and the Dogs want a Sydney coach. I wouldn't hang around till September either.

Don't miss your chance to watch the Ipswich Jets this afternoon, good chance to see how Marmin Barba and Martin Kennedy are playing in lieu of next week.

Other results this week...

East Tigers 38 defeated Sunshine Coast Falcons 10 in a typical thumping really. Feel sorry for the Falcons, clearly a side just making up the numbers.

Northern Pride 36 over Wynnum Manly Seagulls 24. Don't let the score fool you, this was all Pride who lead 30-6 at half-time before the Seagulls made the score look a bit more respectable in the second half. They'll be pissed that their star player was stuck working 18th man duties. Speaking of the Broncos, Jordy Kahu registered a try but I heard he had an unhappy evening.

PNG Hunters 16 over Central Capras 12. PNG doing enough to hold on despite Samau going very close to scoring in the dying moments. I think everybody has their eyes on the Hunters this year, so would be interesting to hear if it's a case of the season catching up on these players or the Capras just keeping them honest on the night?

If Griffin was watching this, he would have turned off the TV by now, disgusted. Why are they "knocking on" the ball to each other?

Marmin Barba has been terrific so far...while Kennedy has done SFA !!

From what I've seen in the second half, I thought Kennedy has been okay. He's made at least one handling error that I've seen, but he's made some really good runs. He's still not where we need him to be, but it's a start.

Yeah, Kennedy has done what is required of him. Nothing fancy, as he's not the player for it, but good runs bending the line backwards, and reasonable work ethic. Still better than Hala or any other prop we have outside of McGuire and Hannant at the moment.

Marmin Barba was on fire... he keeps it up and he should be knocking on FG door. Not that anyone currently at the Broncos coaching staff will answer it...

More importantly, how enjoyable has the reffing been? Yes, there were a couple of understandable mistakes from the on field ref, but quick common sense decisions from the video ref have been spot on.
I have no issue with the Marmin try where he stripped the ball, even if it was simultaneous with a second Ipswich player just touching the Cutters player. Good common sense decision!

Yep, I've been saying for a while that the standard of reffing in ISC, both on field refs and video refs, is superior to the NRL reffing.

And dead set, How quick is Marmin? The kid has serious pace.

Marmin Barba was on fire... he keeps it up and he should be knocking on FG door. Not that anyone currently at the Broncos coaching staff will answer it...

What position does Marmin even play?? Comes off the bench and seemed to be out on the wing today.

Last edited:
He'll play pretty much everywhere in the backline, including halves.

Munster NRL debut tonight.

Just to make it clear for everyone; Cameron Munster will debut for the Melbourne Storm tonight at Fullback. Cameron was a QLD junior and played for the Capras.

Last edited:
Cody Walker from Storm to join Souths on a two year deal.

Last edited:
Cody Walker from Storm to join Souths on a two year deal.

Tidy. Good player. Interested to see how he'd go in first grade, but you'd think the pecking order for halves is equally lengthy there?

Didn't Souths make a play for him earlier this season and get shut down?

Tidy. Good player. Interested to see how he'd go in first grade, but you'd think the pecking order for halves is equally lengthy there?

Didn't Souths make a play for him earlier this season and get shut down?

He asked for a release, but it wash't granted. Contract up end of the year so signed with Souths anyway for '15 and '16.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • BroncoFan94
  • Yellowfella
  • cento
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dee
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Gaz
  • Nerd
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.