Intrust Super Cup 2018

Rory Ferguson is definitely one to watch. I was given some Colts stats a few weeks ago and he was leading the comp in tackles, total run metres and total post contact metres. Was averaging about 30 tackles and 140m per game.

What's the reason for him not getting an NRL contract? Is he just considered too small?

What are the chances of us offerring him one for next year?

With the Intrust Super Cup regular season having drawn to a close; the QRL Media team have looked back at some of the more consistent performers from the year who featured prominently in the popular 'Team of the Week' segment and compiled a Team of the Year.
Since Round 7 of the Intrust Super Cup season this year, the QRL Media team have been casting a discerning eye over the performances of the players each round and highlighted the best with selection in the team.
After tallying up the votes, inclusion in the ‘Team of the Week: Team of the Year' was based upon total number of weekly appearances in the 'Team of the Week' in each position.
The official Intrust Super Cup Team of the Year winners were announced at the QRL Gala Awards alongside the presentation of the Petero Civoniceva Medal for Best and Fairest.
Note: 'Team of the Week' segment took place between Round 7 to Round 24.
1. Scott Drinkwater (Easts Tigers) (c) – 7 appearances (2 appearances as captain)
drinkwater.jpg

Notable Mentions: Michael Purcell (Ipswich Jets) – 3 appearances, Adex Wera (PNG Hunters) – 3 appearances
2. Kalifa Faifai-Loa (Townsville Blackhawks) – 5 appearances
faifai-loa.jpg

Notable Mentions: Daniel Ogden (Wynnum Manly Seagulls) – 3 appearances
3. Sami Sauiluma (Burleigh Bears) – 5 appearances
sauiluma.jpg

Notable Mention: Kotoni Staggs (Redcliffe Dolphins) – 3 appearances
4. Marion Seve (Easts Tigers - formerly Souths Logan Magpies) – 5 appearances (1 appearances as captain)
seve.jpg

Notable Mention: Gehamat Shibasaki (Norths Devils) – 3 appearances
5. Gideon Gela-Mosby (Northern Pride) – 4 appearances
mosby.jpg

(Notable Mention: Linc Port – 3 appearances)
6. Billy Walters (Easts Tigers) – 4 appearances (1 appearance as captain)
walters.jpg

Notable Mentions: Zach Dockar-Clay (Townsville Blackhawks) – 3 appearances, Ase Boas (PNG Hunters) – 3 appearances)
7. Jaelen Feeney (Townsville Blackhawks) – 4 appearances (1 appearances as captain)
feeney.jpg

Notable Mentions: Jake Clifford (Northern Pride) – 3 appearances, Todd Murphy (Norths Devils) – 3 appearances, Brodie Croft (Easts Tigers) – 3 appearances, Cam Cullen (Redcliffe Dolphins) – 3 appearances
8. Nat Neale (Ipswich Jets) - 5 appearances
neale.jpg

(Notable Mention: Lachlan Timm (Sunshine Coast Falcons) – 3 appearances)
9. Pat Politoni (Burleigh Bears) – 4 appearances
politoni.jpg

Notable Mentions: Harry Grant (Sunshine Coast Falcons) – 3 appearances, Jayden Connors (Ipswich Jets) – 3 appearances
10. Sam Anderson (Redcliffe Dolphins) – 4 appearances
anderson.jpg

Notable Mention: Luke Page (Burleigh Bears) – 3 appearances
11. Pat Carrigan (Wynnum Manly Seagulls) – 5 appearances (1 appearance as captain)
carrigan.jpg

Notable Mention: Sebastian Pandia (Ipswich Jets) – 3 appearances)
12. James Hill (CQ Capras) – 4 appearances
hill.jpg

Notable Mention: Nick Brown (Mackay Cutters) – 3 appearances
13. Jamil Hopoate (Redcliffe Dolphins) (vc) – 7 appearances
hopoate.jpg

Notable Mention: Rahdly Brawa (PNG Hunters) – 3 appearances
14. Justin Olam (Sunshine Coast Falcons) – 5 appearances
olam.jpg

15. Zac Santo (Townsville Blackhawks) – 4 appearances
santo.jpg

16. Ben Shea (Ipswich Jets) – 4 appearances
shea.jpg

17. Jet Key (CQ Capras) – 4 appearances
key.jpg

18. Jordan Grant (Mackay Cutters) – 4 appearances
grant.jpg

>> For each round since Round 7, QRL Media recognised the 17 best performers and named the Intrust Super Cup 'Team of the Week'*. These team selections were based not only on statistical data, but also took on board observations from live and broadcast viewings of the games, with the standout performer of the week named captain.
*The team selections are the opinions of QRL Media only and do not necessarily reflect the views of the QRL.

What's the reason for him not getting an NRL contract? Is he just considered too small?

What are the chances of us offerring him one for next year?

I have pondered both of those questions for 56 games, I have no clue.

I just think if I am an NRL club, and you see the way he moves and runs you say let's work on this- for a minimum investment you could end up with anything.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Since I'm laid up for a minimum of three months with my busted achillies, I'll be able to watch more league. Starting with today who are the guys to watch out for in the one o'clock game? And do we have in Bronco colts running round?

Sorry but not really had time before to keep up to speed with this comp. And what team does this young gun Corrigan that I keep hearing about play for?

Ipswich Jets getting owned by Easts Tigers today.

When the Jets are off their game, they are painful to watch.

Absorbing game so far at Redcliffe. The Phins winning 8-6. Had to defend really well before Opacic scored.

Grand Final week!

Tigers v Dolphins.

Tigers defence has been outstanding- 32-0, 50-20 and 36-26.

118 for and 46 against in three finals games.

Walters was back last week and his enthusiasm was infectious. Croft, Kasiano and Welsh all qualify for the Tigers if the Storm want to play them.

Dolphins one game in three weeks just sitting back letting it all unfold.

Dolphins are more clinical than the Tigers, I think the Tigers have more unpredictable factor about them and have momentum. Drinkwater didn't get enough ball on Saturday. If I am a Tigers half I am just shovelling it on all day.

Dolphins haven't won since 2006 and have lost their last three, Tigers haven't won since 1991 under Lang! and have lost their last four!

Colts

Norths v Townsville

Norths beat Blackhawks to make the final and now have had two weeks off while Townsville have fought their way through.

Paix and Burns In the halves is the Devils' strength and Bullemor leading.

When do team list come out is it Tommorow?

Tomorrow teams will be in but with the Storm still playing you're not going to know who is dropping back.

JD did this in 2014- Feldt wasn't playing under any circumstances even said it would be highly unfair to play Feldt- but he was playing all the time and ran out there on Lang Park to smash the Tigers. Scored their first try and soon they were up 18-0.

Redcliffe Dolphins v Easts Tigers
Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, September 23 – 3.07pm
Live on Channel 9 – broadcast from 3pm
Redcliffe Dolphins

1. Trai Fuller 2. Josh Beehag 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Tom Opacic 5. Jeremy Hawkins 6. Bryce Donovan 7. Cameron Cullen (c) 16. Nathan Watts 9. Jake Turpin 10. Sam Anderson 14. Myles Taueli 11. Toby Rudolf 13. Jamil Hopoate 8. Nick Slyney 12. Aaron Whitchurch 15. James Taylor 17. Hugh Pratt 19. Scott Schulte 22. Tom Geraghty
Coach: Adam Mogg

Easts Tigers

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Linc Port 4. Marion Seve 3. Shane Neumann 5. Conor Carey 6. Billy Walters 7. Brayden Torpy 8. Albert Vete 9. Tommy Butterfield 10. Dave Tyrrell 11. Jake Foster (c) 12. Patrick Kaufusi 13. Jack Svendsen 14. Chris Ostwald 16. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui 17. Kelma Tuilagi 20. Sam Kasiano 15. Jarred Tuite 18. Leon Ellia-Niukore
Coach: Scott Sipple

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Big Del
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • marw
  • Nerd
  • Behold
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Splinter
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.