Is it just me or????

B

Bindii76

BRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Do the Broncos get held down for ages in tackles and then are up super quick when they are tackling, never holding down for that long? What's with that?

We don't seem to 'wrestle' like many clubs do I don't know why. It is crap to see as part of the game but everyone else gets the benefit while we seem to suffer.

other teams seem to be allowed to lie all over us in the tackles but we get pinned quite often for holding down ... its BS

Foordy said:
other teams seem to be allowed to lie all over us in the tackles but we get pinned quite often for holding down ... its BS

I think we just do it at the wrong times ie.ref calls get up instead of when the ref calls surrender or dominant. We have had ruck issues for a long time and games like tonight just highlight how bad it is. McCullough looks slow because we get lied all over and then Jake Friend looks lightning quick because we roll away far too quick a lot of the time. The fact we don't make enough dominant tackles doesn't help as our pack gets steam rolled so often through the middle.

Far out tonight annoyed me. All I heard on sports ears was "Faster Jake" "Get onside Jake" "Hand off the ball Jake"...PENALISE JAKE FFS!

Coxy said:
Far out tonight annoyed me. All I heard on sports ears was "Faster Jake" "Get onside Jake" "Hand off the ball Jake"...PENALISE JAKE FFS!

What annoys me is we aren't running the fine line like that. I read recently we are the least penalised team in the whole comp by some distance this season. That is not a good thing because you need to compete at the play the ball and in the ruck or sides get a roll on you we just don't do it. We haven't had any one cited this year either and while I don't want our guys putting on high shots a good way to get a dominant tackle is to go in with some aggression and we just are not doing it. We are a very very soft footy team in a lot of ways.

Perfect example tonight we won the penalty count 8-3 but got completely dominated in the ruck, on the ground and through the middle of the park.

Certainly didn't seem like the penalty count went that way. Maybe I'm just too one-eyed!!

Bindii76 said:
Do the Broncos get held down for ages in tackles and then are up super quick when they are tackling, never holding down for that long? What's with that?

Every team is trained to do that.

I'm more interested in seeing the opposition take ages to get up because they've been smashed in dominant tackles by what we don't have: forwards who can do just that.

The Brizz said:
Coxy said:

What annoys me is we aren't running the fine line like that. I read recently we are the least penalised team in the whole comp by some distance this season. That is not a good thing because you need to compete at the play the ball and in the ruck or sides get a roll on you we just don't do it. We haven't had any one cited this year either and while I don't want our guys putting on high shots a good way to get a dominant tackle is to go in with some aggression and we just are not doing it. We are a very very soft footy team in a lot of ways.

We need Hodges back. He gets cited just for looking at the ref....

Yep Hodges, one of his best assets in the modern game (love it or hate it) is the fact he will lie on guys, palm their faces, push them back down and generally slow everything down. We have no one else who does anything like that, I used to be Ennis' biggest critic on here but at a time like right now he would be worth his weight in gold. Some forwards who made dominant tackles would also be nice.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Griffo
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • ostin86
  • Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • Galah
  • MrMoore
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.