Is Locky better than Lewis?

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I have thought about this a little more, and ultimately I think I have to just give it to Lewis over Lockyer, but not by much, there is a split hair in it imo.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
Wally and Lockyer don't have a split hair between them.
They are both mudguards.
They both have very wide parts, although Wally has better ear muffs.
Definitely the King.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Damn, you are in fine form this morning RBY

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
In light of recent performances and having a bit more of a think about this, I reckon Lockyer is better than Lewis.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
In light of recent performances and having a bit more of a think about this, I reckon Lockyer is better than Lewis.

It's tough to argue isn't it?

I would certainly say the Lockyer-Thurston combination is the best halves combination in Origin history. Yes, better than Alf-Wally.

I think Lockyer has better passing/running skills than Wally did, but Wally had the edge in strength, defence and kicking game. I also think, from what I've seen, Lockyer's vision and reading of the play is the best I've ever seen. He not only can read what's in front of him, he anticipates the next 2, 3, 4 plays, and can even spot opportunities on the far side of the field from where he is. He's phenomenal.

He's the best fullback I've ever seen.
He's the best five-eighth I've ever seen.
I'd say he's close to the best half I've ever seen, including halfbacks.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • HarryAllan7
  • bazza
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.