OFFICIAL Isaako released to Titans

I noticed straight away Cobbo was making more metres than Coates .
Makes post contact metres . Coates and Isaako often lose ground in the tackle . And Isaako`s ball carry is one of the most insecure I have seen in a lot of years of watching Rugby League .
But that step!

Lolz....yeah, it's no good if he hasn't got the ball in his hands, which is 50/50 at best that he will. 😁

That game was wonderful. Those highlights are just a scratch of how good it was
Yeah this game was fucking epic. Here's hoping we can have some good times again next year with Renyolds coming in clutch.

Why is it, that:
We seen to always get the roosters but never the storm, yet the storm always struggle against the roosters..

Why is it, that:
We seen to always get the roosters but never the storm, yet the storm always struggle against the roosters..
Every team seems to have there one main weakness. Roosters play well against the structured play of Melbourne, but seem to struggle in more passionate off the cuff games like against us and souths. I personally think we struggle with teams who have good/fast edges lol. Cause we never learnt to stop running in!

Back to Isaako, I'm super keen to see him do well. Rose coloured glasses aside for some of the posters here, when he's on fire he's absolutely on fire and whatever stops him from maintaining that level I'm happy to see the club provide the support required.

Whilst he overdoes his gooseys, his split open of Cronulla (I think) to set Cobbo off last year is special along with some of his other positive moments.

I'm sure Manu on the wing back when he started wasn't flawless, either.

Back to Isaako, I'm super keen to see him do well. Rose coloured glasses aside for some of the posters here, when he's on fire he's absolutely on fire and whatever stops him from maintaining that level I'm happy to see the club provide the support required.

Whilst he overdoes his gooseys, his split open of Cronulla (I think) to set Cobbo off last year is special along with some of his other positive moments.

I'm sure Manu on the wing back when he started wasn't flawless, either.
I don’t think there is a person on here that doesn’t enjoy watching good Isaako play.

Unfortunately, there is also a bad Isaako, who was almost Boyd level cringe to watch in 2021.

The big problem is, for a while you never knew which one you were going to get. Until recently. Then it was short odds to be the one no one enjoyed watching.

If he can bridge that gap, he could be a good player. But I’m not sure he can at the Broncos and, perhaps more importantly, I don’t think the club should take the gamble. After all, they’ve been patient for 5 seasons now.

I'm not so stoked on good Issako tbh. Aside from that step (which is impractical most of the time), good Isaako isn't overly impressive.

Exactly, Tim...its a one trick pony.

I have bashed Isaako pillar to post but seriously.. he's a genuine match winner at times with his fantastic footwork and his ability to come in off the wing and hit a field goal, he's also very reliable kicking goals.

He just has this tendency to drop the ball at the worst moments, our first game against the Cowboys is probably the one that tilts me the most. Also that brain fade he had where he tried to play to get the ball back and let it go dead with barely enough time to get take a 20 metre tap, the only thing they could have done with the time remaining is score a try and that's what they did.

It's not like Tesi Niu is that much better than Isaako in attack, it's just that he doesn't tend to make basic errors at horrible moments. He still makes handling errors but he looks like he has the ability to cut it out of his game and be a consistent fullback with the ability to provide a spark of brilliance. I don't see that in Isaako, I see a guy who can score you 2-3 tries after he lets in 2 or 3 himself (that Titans game for example).

Hey, my pony, is waiting, come on and, jump on it.

season 6 episode 13 GIF
You've got me singing along godammitt!! :raaage:

In a team full of superstars Issako would be a gun, when he's asked to be the superstar he crumbles from the pressure.
If you were to put him on the wing for the Roosters or Melbourne I think he'd be in the running for winger of the year. He often looks lost like he doesn't know what he's meant to be doing (like alot of our other players these past few years have) give him a simple job and he'll be quality.
He's got all the talent just needs to find how to unlock it and be consistent with it.

I'm just not sure Isaako's head is in the right place at the moment. He seems to be going through full Hoffman mode.

Last year he had some extremely good games at fullback (titans game, etc.), but as soon as there was even the slightest amount of pressure on his job security he crumbled and there was talk about him wanting to leave... and the slight bit of pressure was from the broncos thinking about going for Nicho Hynes, at which point he had some shocking games culminating in the dragons game and was not long later talking to the tigers.

It's now been reported that his salary expectations are nowhere near the dolphins (or whichever team it was), suggesting that he doesn't want to drop his current salary, which was given to him after his reasonably good rookie year.

He seems to be very much in the mindset that "NRL is my job and the game is a business". Unfortunately for him he doesn't have a whole lot of leverage (i.e. form) for the business that he wants to be in to be picking and choosing.

His overall form has been pretty poor for about 2yrs (probably longer) and he's just seen Milf take a huge paycut to stay in the NRL, yet here he is thinking he should still be getting 400k or so.

Seibold and Kevvie both gave him opportunities at fullback and when he was dropped from the position he dropped his head... so the suggestion that if he was in a good system he would be a good winger are a little bit off for me.

In a good system he would be required to take 19-20 runs a game, make +150m a game, be safe under the high ball, be a good reader and tackler in defence and be able to convert every opportunity he gets into a try.

As a winger I don't think he makes all that many meters, his defence is suspect and unlike Hoffman I don't really consider him all that safe under the high ball or able to get tries from anywhere... Hoffman was seriously good at both.

I think he needs a total reset when it comes to NRL... does he even like playing the game? or does he only like it when he's playing fullback and earning money?

My impression is similar, Iko seems to have graduated with honours from the 'Just a game' university.

Could be wrong on that of course, just that he is always looking like he is meeting his best mates at a BBQ when talking with opposition players after yet...another...loss.

Me... I get salty after a loss at community sport and don't feel like shaking hands.

I have bashed Isaako pillar to post but seriously.. he's a genuine match winner at times with his fantastic footwork and his ability to come in off the wing and hit a field goal, he's also very reliable kicking goals.

He just has this tendency to drop the ball at the worst moments, our first game against the Cowboys is probably the one that tilts me the most. Also that brain fade he had where he tried to play to get the ball back and let it go dead with barely enough time to get take a 20 metre tap, the only thing they could have done with the time remaining is score a try and that's what they did.

It's not like Tesi Niu is that much better than Isaako in attack, it's just that he doesn't tend to make basic errors at horrible moments. He still makes handling errors but he looks like he has the ability to cut it out of his game and be a consistent fullback with the ability to provide a spark of brilliance. I don't see that in Isaako, I see a guy who can score you 2-3 tries after he lets in 2 or 3 himself (that Titans game for example).
He's personally lost us more games than he's won for us us

In a team full of superstars Issako would be a gun, when he's asked to be the superstar he crumbles from the pressure.
If you were to put him on the wing for the Roosters or Melbourne I think he'd be in the running for winger of the year. He often looks lost like he doesn't know what he's meant to be doing (like alot of our other players these past few years have) give him a simple job and he'll be quality.
He's got all the talent just needs to find how to unlock it and be consistent with it.
A simple job like kicking off?

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brotherdu
  • dasherhalo
  • bb_gun
  • Organix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Emanon
  • Wolfie
  • Rowdy124
  • Brocko
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.