Israel Folau’s secret meeting with the Brisbane Broncos revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a fuckin' moron.

Use some more of ya own money ya dipshit, or better yet, just accept the decision.

He's already raised a quarter of a million bucks, so I'm not sure how he's a moron lmao.

EDIT: As an aside, I've said this before, but why don't fans start go fund me pages to sign players? We're not associated with the club, so if we paid Ponga a million bucks through a go fund me to sign for the Broncos then how is that against the cap rules?

Last edited:
He's already raised a quarter of a million bucks, so I'm not sure how he's a moron lmao.

EDIT: As an aside, I've said this before, but why don't fans start go fund me pages to sign players? We're not associated with the club, so if we paid Ponga a million bucks through a go fund me to sign for the Broncos then how is that against the cap rules?
I'm not paying the wage of a sports player and I hope something like this never catches on.

In any case if the funds are conditional to playing for a certain club it counts to the cap, simple as that.

look he's just employing one of the virtues of christianity, charity.

I'm not paying the wage of a sports player and I hope something like this never catches on.

In any case if the funds are conditional to playing for a certain club it counts to the cap, simple as that.

You'd be able to word it in a Roosters like way to get around the cap so it would act as a TPA, I'm just pointing out that it's a possibility and it highlights how flawed the cap is.

I agree, if people are stupid enough to contribute to it, more power to him.

He can probably just run off with the money now if he wants. Just drop the God bomb saying he came to him in a dream and said not to challenge it ... and not return the money.

Surely this greedy little stunt will see him burning for eternity in the pitfires of hell.

I agree, if people are stupid enough to contribute to it, more power to him.

He can probably just run off with the money now if he wants. Just drop the God bomb saying he came to him in a dream and said not to challenge it ... and not return the money.

If he wants to end up back in court, yeah he could.

If he wants to end up back in court, yeah he could.
Plenty of people have run off with gofundme money, I admit I'm not 100% across the legalities of it but if they're considered donations, are they under any legal obligation to go through with said task? Is GoFundMe supposed to enact legal action to ensure the money is used for its originally intended aim?

Last edited:
Plenty of people have run off with gofundme money, I admit I'm not 100% across the legalities of it but if they're considered donations, are they under any legal obligation to go through with said task? Is GoFundMe supposed to enact legal action to ensure the money is used for its originally intended aim?

I believe the dodgy ones are closed and refunds issued/covered by GFM. Some of them have police involvement too.

I believe the dodgy ones are closed and refunds issued/covered by GFM. Some of them have police involvement too.
What about religious exemptions lol, he could reframe them as willing penance 🤔

You'd be able to word it in a Roosters like way to get around the cap so it would act as a TPA, I'm just pointing out that it's a possibility and it highlights how flawed the cap is.

Yeah but you couldn’t make it dependent on the player actually joining the club. It would make backflips even more glorious.

Yeah but you couldn’t make it dependent on the player actually joining the club. It would make backflips even more glorious.

You could set up go fund mes for every player on your roster that gets paid out at the end of the NRL season. It could act as the incentive based clause we've all been begging to be included into contracts so we don't cop Boyd, whose go fund me in this scenario would currently be on $0, like performances.

giphy.gif

Lol, get fucked Izzy.

Last edited:
As they say everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it’s no wonder the Wallabies have been struggling for so long having to put up with his

What an absolute flog.

As they say everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it’s no wonder the Wallabies have been struggling for so long having to put up with his
Folau has been their best player for ages. They are going to be even more fucked without him.

Yeah this is a bit much - how fucking stupid are people.

Falou has not bashed anyone, gutterstomped anyone or threatened to murder anyone. He does not hit women nor sexually assault them. I could not care less about his beliefs/personal opinions or go fund me ventures. All the thought crime police need to pull their heads in.

The bloke can play footy and we are in need of quality players like him. I've seen nothing that would sway my opinion on if we should sign him.
[automerge]1561097091[/automerge]
Maybe we can organise a trade with Falou's church. A straight swap of Izzy for Darius. Given Boyd's love for taking the knee, I think he would fit in well ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mustafur
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.