Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

I still reckon don't pick him for rep footy. As you said JW, it is highly unlikely he will be signed by another NRL club so what's the point? It's not like Queensland needs him desperately either.

I'm seriously hoping Mal doesn't pick him, his intentions are obvious and if he purposefully delays it to play rep footy, then all the more reason not to pick him.

I agree Jeb, it's pretty obvious that the NRL is out of the equation for Izzy and surely the selectors of both State and Country will see that. Whether or not they want an 'official announcement' of Izzy's intentions to not pick him though is another story.

I also think Qld would be able to cover his absence fairly well too.

Donny said:
...Plus at half time the team all ran off togeather execpt for 1 player........no prizes for guessing who.

Yeah, I saw that. :\

This is Hunt all over again, Bruno needs to grow a set and put it too him, then start planning a future without him.

The representative selectors should seek a commitment from Falou that he either re-sign with the Broncos or with another NRL team before he is selected. Should be the same with any other player who is in a contract year. Surely 8 rounds is enough time to get your contract organised given that you knew it is going to be your last year of the current contract at the club.

this is a bloody disgrace, thats for sure. when are the NRL gonna realise that theyre gonna keep losing superstars unless they do something?

and the worst thing is is that up until last year its only been going to Union or England as the big-money choices, but now AFL seems to be firmly in the picture, no previous AFL skills required.

i agree with the people saying Folau should not be picked for Origin.

all we need to get the NRL to do something is for Jaryd Hayne, Jamie Soward, etc to go to look like theyre going to another competition. then theyll care all of a sudden.

Thurstons call in the paper today is spot on. Rep players need to be compensated. I'm talking in region of ~30k per origin giving players the chance to add 100k to their yearly earnings and maybe 50k per test match. Our elite players would have the chance to earn an extra 250k a year.

m1c said:
Thurstons call in the paper today is spot on. Rep players need to be compensated. I'm talking in region of ~30k per origin giving players the chance to add 100k to their yearly earnings and maybe 50k per test match. Our elite players would have the chance to earn an extra 250k a year.

We all know it mate but Gallops says we can't do it because we haven't got the money!

**** yeah! Cmon Rebel scum, how can you pass up on League's most influential player? What are the clowns in your recruitment department doing???? Sign Hayne and I'll even chip in!

Cmon guys, let's get a collection going! Let's get Hayne to the Rebels, ASAP!

Bucking Beads said:
m1c said:

We all know it mate but Gallops says we can't do it because we haven't got the money!

This is something that NEEDS to be worked into the next TV deal. I think the NRLs deal is something like 300mil less than the AFLs?

God it's depressing for the game that he's gone - could the whole of April been any more of a motivator for changes to the salary cap - well I guess a NSW player/ team could have been affected

Does anyone really expect Folau to stay at the Broncos for $600,000 a season less than he could earn elsewhere?

If you do, your an idiot. And if he did , he would also be an idiot.

badav said:
Does anyone really expect Folau to stay at the Broncos for $600,000 a season less than he could earn elsewhere?

Lockyer did it!! Other players have done it also. You either love League and want to play it or love money and play any old rubbish to get it.

Bucking Beads said:
badav said:

Lockyer did it!! Other players have done it also. You either love League and want to play it or love money and play any old rubbish to get it.

I don't recall any other code ever actually coming in with an offer for Lockyer.

On the other hand Folau has two confirmed offers of atleast double what he's already on.

Think about it from a life perspective instead of a moron sports fan perspective. You have an opportunity at 21 to earn enough money to seriously set yourself and family up after your career is up. You also have to take into consideration what these blokes put their body through, and that 10 years in the game is by no means guaranteed. Look at Reece Williams, his career is virtually over at 24 from brain injuries.

To take a paycut of $500-600k a season. Thats 8-10 years salary for most normal people. Now over 3 seasons, more like 25-30 years salary for normal people.

As i said before you would have to be a bloody fool if you rejected that opportunity.

Pretty sure AFL and Union both had a red hot crack at Lockyer. He also had a big money offer from the Roosters!

I remember after Dell and Lote left there was pretty big speculation that Lockyer could switch to union.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • Financeguy
  • Howie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
  • Tristan1990
  • Sproj
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.