Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Or Lockyer for that matter.
BS he wasn't selected on form, it's because he's leaving an I'm happy with the decision not to select him will make it a lot easier for us during the origin period :)

I wonder if the announcement will come this week now. I can only imagine the reason why he hasn't already is because he was holding out for Australian selection. Given that hasn't occured you'd think he'd announce he's going to Rugby this week. I can't imagine he will wait to announce his future until after July to get Origin selection.

If he doesn't make an announcement any time soon you'd have to assume he really is weighing up all his options.

If and Folau leaves, then Brisbane signing Folau was the worst decision we ever made. Think of the players we ended up missing out on because of the dollars we spent on Folau, for nothing...

Bond said:
If and Folau leaves, then Brisbane signing Folau was the worst decision we ever made. Think of the players we ended up missing out on because of the dollars we spent on Folau, for nothing...

Yep, we were a stepping stone for Folau's fiscal advantage.

I dont blame Folau for taking the big dollars, but it does just show he hasnt got a passion for the Brisbane Broncos, and i want no players in the club that are playing just for the cash. Could pick up a few useful forwards and maybe a back with all this money we have. Does anyone know how much Tronc is on ? im thinking 200 k ?

tallis12 said:
Does anyone know how much Tronc is on ? im thinking 200 k ?
I'm thinking even less - I read somewhere over the weekend that he was coming to Brisbane no matter what and had resigned himself to the fact he was going to be playing QCup.

Bond said:

Yeh tell me about it... it is pathetic... we didn't even USE him properly...

The contract was dubious in the first place... 2 + 2 option? are you kidding me? To someone who OBVIOUSLY takes up a lot on the cap?

IH DID NOT use Folau well at all IMO... his effectiveness at the Broncs absolute minimal.

The Broncs need to get their act together and start FRESH IMO...

Make some tough decisions ... think about a nucleus of players after Locky goes and take it to the next level.

a 2 + 2 contract was a good option, because you never know how a player can turn out or what injuries they can have.

with some of the wraps people on here give micheals, imagine if we signed him to a 4 year contract on $200k per season? much better option to do 2 years with the option of more.

Anonymous person said:
a 2 + 2 contract was a good option, because you never know how a player can turn out or what injuries they can have.

with some of the wraps people on here give micheals, imagine if we signed him to a 4 year contract on $200k per season? much better option to do 2 years with the option of more.

Yeh that is true...

I'm a huge believer of 2 + 1 or 3... esp 3 if they are a top notch player... like a Hodgo or something

Not with the amount of money we were giving him.

My only answer to this is nobody has learned the lesions from the past? Sailor, Lote, Rodges, Thorn (although he did return to Rugby) and Tahu all returned to League after the ARU spent millions on them and on top of it all have done better back at League then their time in Union. Hunt IMO will fail, and fail badly because those Victorians are just waiting to hang him out to dry, trust me. I have been headhunted before and yes I fell for the lure of money, however that was the wost six months of my life. I hated going to work every day and I hated every minute of every hour. The other staff loathed me because of the money they knew I was on and the reputation that preceded me and any mistake I made was highlighted, it was a most unpleasant experience. You have to think in your own life of jobs you have done and regardless how they paid you, you would never go back. For me, I can think of a couple of positions I have had that even if they offered me $1,000,000 dollars a year I won’t swap what I’m doing now. Maybe you need to go through it yourself to under stand, but that’s just my opinion. To me it’s not about the money, there is more to life than that. If Falou takes it then fair enough, but what worse is that the ARU haven’t learned that you can’t buy loyalty and the AFL haven’t looked at history.

Burg said:
My only answer to this is nobody has learned the lesions from the past? Sailor, Lote, Rodges, Thorn (although he did return to Rugby) and Tahu all returned to League after the ARU spent millions on them and on top of it all have done better back at League then their time in Union. Hunt IMO will fail, and fail badly because those Victorians are just waiting to hang him out to dry, trust me. I have been headhunted before and yes I fell for the lure of money, however that was the wost six months of my life. I hated going to work every day and I hated every minute of every hour. The other staff loathed me because of the money they knew I was on and the reputation that preceded me and any mistake I made was highlighted, it was a most unpleasant experience. You have to think in your own life of jobs you have done and regardless how they paid you, you would never go back. For me, I can think of a couple of positions I have had that even if they offered me $1,000,000 dollars a year I won’t swap what I’m doing now. Maybe you need to go through it yourself to under stand, but that’s just my opinion. To me it’s not about the money, there is more to life than that. If Falou takes it then fair enough, but what worse is that the ARU haven’t learned that you can’t buy loyalty and the AFL haven’t looked at history.

Yeh Burg - the money is not the be all and end all... but you can't back up NRL's counter arguments either... they are weak IMO.

ATM young players are thinking go to a rival code for a couple of years... earn a fat pay packet, be bored then possibly come back...

Now it seems FINALLY the NRL are starting to act on the issue but isn't it sad it took an X amount of players to leave and most of all a salary cap scandal that basically has made a mock of the system for the last 5 years?...

No your right there, the NRL has to realise that we can't keep losing top line players to other comps, something MUST be done.

The NRL are relying on the next TV deal to be massive and be able to top up elite player contracts or increase the salary cap. However, Gorden Tallis made an excellent point in his CM column yesterday - if the NRL doesn't act sooner (new TV deal doesn't come up until 2012) on keeping the top players in the game then the new TV deal won't be any better than the current one because we won't have a superior product anymore with all or majority of our stars gone.

Cricket's Top 25 system works for me, bring it in and let the corporates bankroll it. If a club ends up with 5 of the Top 25, then props to them.

Difference is that Cricket's Top 25 are ranked by Cricket Australia and their incomes are paid largely by Cricket Australia - however they rarely actually turn out for their state (I think it is laughable that Mitchell Johnson is now considered a West Australian Cricketer despite never having played for them - but that's another topic entirely), so it doesn't cause any real disparity in the domestic competition. Cricket's Top 25 are paid by CA because they mostly play for Australia - this is not the case in RL, where there are few international matches.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • TimWhatley
  • RolledOates
  • Lostboy
  • Rambstien
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • heartly87
  • Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • The Strapper
  • Socnorb
  • bb_gun
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.