Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

broncospwn said:
Flutterby said:
IF we keep Folau I don't think we'll get (or need) Inglis.
What I meant was what if Folau chooses to go and Inglis/Slater refuse to join the Broncos then we will be missing one quality backline player.

Which is exactly why Bruno shouldn't be waiting around for Izzy to make up his mind either way and goes after Inglis aggressively. If Izzy turns and comes to terms before GI then good we keep him, but if we come to terms with GI before Izzy makes up his mind then too bad - he takes what we have left or leaves anyway.

He can't aggressively go after Inglis unless the Storm gives him permission to meet with other clubs though.

Gingerballs said:
He can't aggressively go after Inglis unless the Storm gives him permission to meet with other clubs though.

amd thats the thing... we could be waiting around for months before that happens. (or if that happens at all)

OK - maybe in fantasy NRL ideal world - back in reality, clubs are speaking to players ALL the time, especially if there is any hint of them being unhappy or off-contract. If you don't think Penrith is speaking to him "off the record" or "informally" then you are kidding yourself, I just hope we are also, so pen can go to paper as soon as the NRL says it's OK.

"Off the record" and "informal" talk is cheap. We could just as easily get burnt by putting all our eggs in the Inglis basket just because he made a few off the record promises that he couldn't keep.

I can't see Folau leaving for another NRL club, if he leaves I assume it would be to another code.

Or he could be making this all up and change his tune once the origin series is over and he's not at risk to miss out.
I hope Thurston gets in his ear during camp and tells him to stay.

You know, other than the 'Player Movements' thread, this is the longest thread in Broncos Talk.

Yet, we still have no idea what Izzy is doing!

Here's the latest "news"

The NRL has entered the fight to keep Israel Folau in rugby league, discreetly exploring opportunities to make him the faces of the game's growing Polynesian community.

With rugby union and AFL circling the 20-year-old, NRL chief executive David Gallop confirmed he had talked to Brisbane Broncos about Folau's situation and agreed to monitor potential third-party deals within the game.

Gallop also revealed he had spoken to the federal government about using Folau to spread positive messages in the Polynesian community. Although he was born in Sydney, Folau has Tongan heritage and has previously spoken about his desire to represent the country.

"We have spoken to the Broncos about keeping an eye out for third-party agreements through the game's sponsors using Israel," Gallop said.

"His profile in the Polynesian community is a potential avenue to explore and we're hopeful that will be part of keeping him in rugby league."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27167850-5018866,00.html

"We have spoken to the Broncos about keeping an eye out for third-party agreements through the game's sponsors using Israel," Gallop said.

**** that Gallop, YOU want him to stay in League, YOU find the third party agreements and ensure it doesn't count on the cap for the Broncos or anyone else who signs Folau.

FFS.

Meat77 said:
Here's the latest "news"

The NRL has entered the fight to keep Israel Folau in rugby league, discreetly exploring opportunities to make him the faces of the game's growing Polynesian community.

With rugby union and AFL circling the 20-year-old, NRL chief executive David Gallop confirmed he had talked to Brisbane Broncos about Folau's situation and agreed to monitor potential third-party deals within the game.

Gallop also revealed he had spoken to the federal government about using Folau to spread positive messages in the Polynesian community. Although he was born in Sydney, Folau has Tongan heritage and has previously spoken about his desire to represent the country.

"His profile in the Polynesian community is a potential avenue to explore and we're hopeful that will be part of keeping him in rugby league."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27167850-5018866,00.html

Now watch all the QLD haters windge about Folau playing for QLD instead of NSW.

I hope we keep him. Awsome team next year if Folau and Hodges stay fit and if we get Hannant

Donny said:
Now watch all the QLD haters windge about Folau playing for QLD instead of NSW.

I hope we keep him. Awsome team next year if Folau and Hodges stay fit and if we get Hannant

the thing about that is they may have a legitimate reason to suggest Inglis play for NSW, but Folau IS legitimately a Queenslander. his first game after the age of 16 was in QLD where the Storm moved him. Folau is as much eligible for NSW as Peter Sterling was eligible for QLD (born in toowoomba). but you never here those whinging pricks south of the border metion that one do you

Both states have had a few players who weren't born in the state, but that isn't the rule of eligability. It's where you play your first senior footy.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Yellowfella
  • Reds2011
  • Gaz
  • NSW stables
  • The Strapper
  • Skyblues87
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Tristan1990
  • marw
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.