Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Flutterby said:
Difference is that Cricket's Top 25 are ranked by Cricket Australia and their incomes are paid largely by Cricket Australia - however they rarely actually turn out for their state (I think it is laughable that Mitchell Johnson is now considered a West Australian Cricketer despite never having played for them - but that's another topic entirely), so it doesn't cause any real disparity in the domestic competition. Cricket's Top 25 are paid by CA because they mostly play for Australia - this is not the case in RL, where there are few international matches.

Even so, teams that have a high representative commitment do suffer during Origin period. The Broncos have for a long time, and the Cowboys & Titans to a lesser extent recently. In my mind an initiative such as the one Cricket Australia use is probably the best way to stop the player drain, but you never know.

I can see Izzy staying the last 2 weeks he has looked happy and at home.

We certainly have to do everything we can to keep him, he's playing awesome lately

The Rock said:
Surely he'll change his mind now. He's having too much fun to go.
I think money over rules fun but I hope you're right.
With what he's shown the last two weeks and this year I've change my mind and want him to stay now.

Well he has spoken to Locky alot about his choice. And locky knocked back every offer he had because he loved being in brisbane.

An article somewhere on Foxsports Izzy said the fact Thursto is staying has added to his choice. I put $100 on izzy staying...

His confidence at training is up 1000% the past 2 weeks as well

draggx said:
His confidence at training is up 1000% the past 2 weeks as well
Speculation or have you actually been to some training sessions?

Losing Folau would rip a hole in our backline. Sorry but a bloke like that cannot be replaced overnight by your Gerard Beales and Dale Copleys.

People bag him left right center, but he is by far the best back in the broncos side at the moment.

badav said:
Losing Folau would rip a hole in our backline. Sorry but a bloke like that cannot be replaced overnight by your Gerard Beales and Dale Copleys.

People bag him left right center, but he is by far the best back in the broncos side at the moment.

I agree 100%

badav said:

He's shaping up up to give Inglis a run as the best centre in the game. We have to keep him.

Let's also not forget that he's still 21 of something ridiculous like that - if we give Hunt, Norman, Hoffman etc, leeway in their shortcomings due to their age surely he gets the same - he has so far to go in his game it's frankly scary what he could do.

badav said:

But he can be replaced overnight by your Greg Inglis'

Flutterby said:
badav said:

But he can be replaced overnight by your Greg Inglis'
What if we don't get Inglis?
TBH I would just prefer we kept Folau BUT if he switches and we get either Inglis or Slater then we haven't lost anything in our backline because both are just as good.

IF we keep Folau I don't think we'll get (or need) Inglis.

Flutterby said:
IF we keep Folau I don't think we'll get (or need) Inglis.
What I meant was what if Folau chooses to go and Inglis/Slater refuse to join the Broncos then we will be missing one quality backline player.

Could always get Gaz.

He can supply the caterers at Suncorp with sauce as part of his third party deals.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • The Strapper
  • Skyblues87
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • marw
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Yellowfella
  • Redfern_1980
  • RodF
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Gaz
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.