Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Scotty said:
Both states have had a few players who weren't born in the state, but that isn't the rule of eligability. It's where you play your first senior footy.

yeah that is the rule but i was just pointing out the hypocrites from south of the border, complain when we have players not born in QLD when they do the exact same thing

you make very valid points. However I do think they have a genuine complaint in the case of Inglis - him playing for Qld is a mistake, one I am VERY happy with and don't want to see corrected, but a mistake all the same.

Flutterby said:
you make very valid points. However I do think they have a genuine complaint in the case of Inglis - him playing for Qld is a mistake, one I am VERY happy with and don't want to see corrected, but a mistake all the same.

i did say they had a valid claim about Inglis, but if the NSW officials had have actually check him out they would have realised that he should be playing for them, but i think what happened is that Inglis said he was eligible for QLD and both states just took his word for it, and who knows whether it was a genuine mistake by Inglis or not.

Foordy said:
Flutterby said:

i did say they had a valid claim about Inglis, but if the NSW officials had have actually check him out they would have realised that he should be playing for them, but i think what happened is that Inglis said he was eligible for QLD and both states just took his word for it, and who knows whether it was a genuine mistake by Inglis or not.

I would have thought Inglis would know which state he would want to go for. If he grew up in NSW wouldn't he want to play for NSW?

Kraven27 said:
Foordy said:
Flutterby said:

I would have thought Inglis would know which state he would want to go for. If he grew up in NSW wouldn't he want to play for NSW?

What, like ning, professor47, schmix etc....numerous members of this forum are (unfortunately for them) NSW born and bred but their heart and soul is with Queensland.

Paul Osbourne is already having a cry heard it on the radio. Crying about how the NRL didn't help out Parra when they where trying to re-sign Hayne. Get over it Hayne is a half season wonder Izzy is the real thing.

Canga said:
Paul Osbourne is already having a cry heard it on the radio. Crying about how the NRL didn't help out Parra when they where trying to re-sign Hayne. Get over it Hayne is a half season wonder Izzy is the real thing.

And Osborne, the NRL didn't help the Broncos with Lote, Wendell or KHunt...so go suck a fat one.

The thing with Inglis is that both NSW and QLD had (according to the ARL) a valid claim to him - but instead of making a decision themselves they just asked him who he wanted to play for. And as Meninga was his childhood footy hero and he was currently living in Qld and had supported Qld growing up, he elected to play for Qld. This option of letting the player choose has since been closed.

Coxy said:
Canga said:

And Osborne, the NRL didn't help the Broncos with Lote, Wendell or KHunt...so go suck a fat one.

Exactly. I am sick of people whinging about this. Just because Hayne wasn't given an opportunity that Izzy is, that should not automatically mean that players in the future shouldn't be given that opportunity if it is there.

Flutterby said:
The thing with Inglis is that both NSW and QLD had (according to the ARL) a valid claim to him - but instead of making a decision themselves they just asked him who he wanted to play for. And as Meninga was his childhood footy hero and he was currently living in Qld and had supported Qld growing up, he elected to play for Qld. This option of letting the player choose has since been closed.
I know it's a bit off tipic, but Tallis brought up an interesting point, when a player signs their first becomes registered with the NRL they should indicate who they would like to play for in Rep football, be it, QLD, NSW, NZ, Eng etc, and leave it at that. Personally I think it's a good idea.

That takes away the whole concept of the series.

Perhaps Hannant's return could have an influence on Izzy's decision. Mormons are pack animals.

Nashy said:

The whole concept of the series is flawed anyway. What's your definition of "Origin"?

Born in the state? What, like Peter Sterling was born in Queensland but moved south when he was a toddler?
Played your first senior game in the state? What like Israel and Inglis who grew up in NSW but played their first game in QLD?
Ken Nagas? Born and bred in Queensland, but played his first senior footy in NSW and so had to play for NSW.

So many examples.

I think indicating from the start your allegiance, PLUS providing some valid justification for why is fine.

Coxy said:
Nashy said:

The whole concept of the series is flawed anyway. What's your definition of "Origin"?

Born in the state? What, like Peter Sterling was born in Queensland but moved south when he was a toddler?
Played your first senior game in the state? What like Israel and Inglis who grew up in NSW but played their first game in QLD?
Ken Nagas? Born and bred in Queensland, but played his first senior footy in NSW and so had to play for NSW.

So many examples.

I think indicating from the start your allegiance, PLUS providing some valid justification for why is fine.

Like Te'o who chose QLD over NZ

IMO National and SOO allegiance should be seperate. If you were born in another country but were developed as a footy player in NSW/QLD, then you should be able to rep your country of birth and the state you first played footy in.

Scotty said:
IMO National and SOO allegiance should be seperate. If you were born in another country but were developed as a footy player in NSW/QLD, then you should be able to rep your country of birth and the state you first played footy in.

Spoken like a true POM... [icon_thumbs_do

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • Redfern_1980
  • Allo
  • Tristan1990
  • Lostboy
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • Redux
  • Bongo
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • kwomo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.