Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Scotty said:
IMO National and SOO allegiance should be seperate. If you were born in another country but were developed as a footy player in NSW/QLD, then you should be able to rep your country of birth and the state you first played footy in.

Spoken like a true POM... [icon_thumbs_do

WTF has that got to do with it? [icon_confu

If you want an example of what I mean, Ben Te'o played his first senior footy in QLD, but since he was born in NZ he should be able to represent them internationally if he wishes. The international game could be strengthened by a rule like that, and thats something RL needs to look at improving IMO.

I have no idea how being a "pom" comes into it. Has an Englishman ever represented NSW/Queensland over their country? I don't think so ... probably because they are shit at league. And I remember Burgess coming out a while back saying he would love to represent NSW. That's bullshit as he began playing and made his senior debut outside of Australia, he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near origin.

Think before you post, beads.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe you should take some of your own advice instead of suggesting that a Player can play for QLD or NSW but then represent NZ WTF?????

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Agree with Beads. If you play Origin, your allegiance lies with the green and gold when it comes to International League. The International game is fine anyway and IMO doesn't need strengthening.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Maybe you should take some of your own advice instead of suggesting that a Player can play for QLD or NSW but then represent NZ WTF?????

You can disagree with it but why do you think it is that much of a bad idea? And maybe explain why being English had anything to do with my opinion?

It's no more ridiculous than the fact that players like Te'o can play for QLD at all under the current rules.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Jeba said:
The International game is fine anyway and IMO doesn't need strengthening.
That statement is laughable. There's only 2, maybe 3 countries who are serous contenders at international level.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
A topic worthy of discussion, just not here. Feel free to open another thread in league talk.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
Bucking Beads said:

You can disagree with it but why do you think it is that much of a bad idea? And maybe explain why being English had anything to do with my opinion?

It's no more ridiculous than the fact that players like Te'o can play for QLD at all under the current rules.

I do agree that it is ridiculous that Te'o can play for QLD. If we let Kiwis play Origin and then represent NZ we may aswell cancel Origin and play a best of 2 ALL star game.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think he will but I hope he does. I wish he would just make his decision public so we can build our squad for next season.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I heard on the radio that after playing origin it made his decision even harder. I'm not entirely sure he has made up his mind yet.

SSS

SSS

NYC Player
Mar 11, 2008
Would like to think that him making his decision during the origin period would have him lean our way? Who wouldn't wanna smash them dirty roaches three times a year?...thats gotta have a value...LOL

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
He was on The Footy Show tonight. Didn't really saying anything about what's happening with his future, just the usual 'it's a big decision', etc.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Lockyer was apparently very coy about it all on the Today Show this morning but was hinting strongly that he will stay

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Cameron Williams put it to Lockyer that it was great news about Izzy signing on with the broncos....Darren did a fair bit of um-ing and ahh-ing which is the same he did when they asked him about Hannant signing.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Meat77 said:
Lockyer was apparently very coy about it all on the Today Show this morning but was hinting strongly that he will stay

Emma said:
Cameron Williams put it to Lockyer that it was great news about Izzy signing on with the broncos....Darren did a fair bit of um-ing and ahh-ing which is the same he did when they asked him about Hannant signing.

What are you guys doing watching the Today Show? [eusa_doh [icon_razz1

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
If we put that on first thing in the morning, it's not like I can get sucked in to watching something and not get out of bed on time!

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Behold
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.