Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

I'd imagine Izzy has told the club but is waiting till after the game so he doesn't get heckled!

Bucking Beads said:
I'd imagine Izzy has told the club but is waiting till after the game so he doesn't get heckled!

Doubt it.

It's standard practice to delay such an announcement for a number of reasons, such as keeping the squad focused on the game.

ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:

Doubt it.

It's standard practice to delay such an announcement for a number of reasons, such as keeping the squad focused on the game.

Or wanting to play rep footy...

Meat77 said:
ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:

Doubt it.

Yeah I reckon that cut him deep when Big Mal said he wouldn't be selected for Origin!!

but by simply being a "free agent" he has not signed with another code so maybe he still will play origin.
I mean he could just sign for another NRL team.

broncospwn said:
but by simply being a "free agent" he has not signed with another code so maybe he still will play origin.

That was my point - he won't announce where he's going until after Origin ala Hunt

Meat77 said:
broncospwn said:

That was my point - he won't announce where he's going until after Origin ala Hunt
I hope Meninga doesn't select him anyway and from what he has said I don't think he will. We all know why he denied and it's obviously not to go to another NRL club.

Obviously Izzy doesn't want to be at the Broncos, I'd like to know if there are any particular reasons other than money!!

In short, he's a loss to the game but he is certainly no loss to the Broncos.

His a loss to the Broncos but comparing him to the impact Sailor's and Tuqiri's departure had on the Broncos I don't think his departure would come close to those two, particularly Sailor's who by that stage was well and truely a Bronco's legend and one that really hit at the heart of Bronco supporters, something Folau isn't, his got the potential but his not one and honestly if I had the choice between a young Sailor and a Young Falou, its a young Sailor everytime, he was a far more complete player. The impact of their departure was far worse then that the Broncos face of Folau's departure especially considering the impact it had on the following season's in the backline, the Broncos simply couldn't even come close to matching their departures, on the otherhand there are plenty of players in the Broncos roster in the backs who can fill that role of being a strikepower now, I know I wouldn't have knocked back the likes of Yow Yeh, Kemp, Winterstein back then when Sailor and Tuqiri switched codes compared to what we had instead at that time.

Meat77 said:
ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:

Doubt it.

I was just talking about delaying the announcement that's he's not taking up the contract offer thingy. Not the announcement on where he's headed!

He has sign a 2 year contract for the Melbourne Rebels for $800,000 a year with option for 4, He will be the face of the Melbourne Rebel his mug will be all over the billboards down in Mexico.

Also he did get offered 1million to join GWS but knocked it back as he feels he will be a duel international which will bump him close to the 1 million mark anyway.

Million dollar contract by 21, not bad..

How i know my cousin old man works for the Rebel as a Project recruitment manager.

Lol i now owe him $100 for not telling anyone.

dandan said:
He has sign a 2 year contract for the Melbourne Rebels for $800,000 a year with option for 4, He will be the face of the Melbourne Rebel his mug will be all over the billboards down in Mexico.

Also he did get offered 1million to join GWS but knocked it back as he feels he will be a duel international which will bump him close to the 1 million mark anyway.

Million dollar contract by 21, not bad..

How i know my cousin old man works for the Rebel as a Project recruitment manager.

Lol i now owe him $100 for not telling anyone.

link?

I wish Izzy all the luck in his future but pack your $hit and go!!

Dandan, tell your cousin's old man (your uncle?) I hope the rebels make the force look like the Crusaders. And they go bankrupt in a year.

Sick and tired of best players going without a whimper from the NRL.

Personally I don't blame izzy, if i was offered twice the money to do the same thing I'd jump at it, who wouldn't? but in saying that what a **** up on his contract, how many players did we lose to sign him? and as for the NRL its about time they sorted there shit out with the salary cap, Thurston will be next and who else?

Good contract more like it. Means we don't have to put up with an overpaid injury prone player for 2 more years.

broncospwn said:
Good contract more like it. Means we don't have to put up with an overpaid injury prone player for 2 more years.

Give it up. He got hurt for the first time in his career last year plus had a freak injury this year. Shit happens

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dexter
  • xilliun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Bish
  • BrentTatesChin
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.