Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

I hate losing great players to AFL and Union but TBH better to lose a bloke who has done it all in our game than lose 10 of our juniors!

broncospwn said:
Yeah I think he's a goner and thank god for that.
Biggest waste of salary cap space and one of the worst recruitment decisions (considering who we lost)the club has made.

I finally fully agree with you pwn.

Silence said:
broncospwn said:
Biggest waste of salary cap space and one of the worst recruitment decisions (considering who we lost)the club has made.

He was gone the day he said he hoped the Western Sydney AFL franchise did well!

Although his talent will be wasted, I'd rather see the Rebels get his sig. It'll be a bigger stunt than Karmichael's defection should the Chip Chasers pick him up. Can Izzy even kick a ball?

Fozz said:
I'll be pissed off if he does go the Gayfl or Union. I'm sick of seeing them poach our best players to play their shitty sport. We've missed out on the best of Lote, Dell, Gaz and Hunt and we will probably miss out on Folau's best too. The NRL needs to stop this shit from happening any way it can. Top up the wages of our best 25 players to the tune of $200-300k a year in a loyalty retirement fund and they will find it harder to switch.

Izzy has so much to offer League (not just the Broncos), seeing him stay will give us a better product to watch. Sick of seeing the powers that be throw up their hands and doing nothing to keep our most entertaining players.

rockstarfolau.jpg

do something, you pricks!

Im with u mate. Too many ppl on this forum are "glad" to see him go coz it frees up space in the cap. He is our BEST attacking weapon, bar none. Hodges never plays, so dont give me anything about him. Look at our attack when folau didnt play this year. Was useless, he comes back and immediately scores tries.

This is a MAJOR blow, to me, this is bigger than sailor going, or tuqiri, as folau is a great role model, a great player and he is so young its ridiculous that the NRL could allow this to happen.

Look at that try that fozz posted, no-one, and i can honestly that i believe no-one else in the game could ever score that try except for folau, and some of you are "glad" hes going? This is a tremendous loss to the game of league if the rumours of him leaving are true, which they seem to be by all reports.

The NRL must stand up and stop this from happening anymore. I fear we arent done with this tho, as slater and inglis are probably next

Bucking Beads said:
Silence said:
broncospwn said:

He was gone the day he said he hoped the Western Sydney AFL franchise did well!

What a wank.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Fozz said:
I'll be pissed off if he does go the Gayfl or Union. I'm sick of seeing them poach our best players to play their shitty sport. We've missed out on the best of Lote, Dell, Gaz and Hunt and we will probably miss out on Folau's best too. The NRL needs to stop this shit from happening any way it can. Top up the wages of our best 25 players to the tune of $200-300k a year in a loyalty retirement fund and they will find it harder to switch.

Izzy has so much to offer League (not just the Broncos), seeing him stay will give us a better product to watch. Sick of seeing the powers that be throw up their hands and doing nothing to keep our most entertaining players.

rockstarfolau.jpg

do something, you pricks!

Im with u mate. Too many ppl on this forum are "glad" to see him go coz it frees up space in the cap. He is our BEST attacking weapon, bar none. Hodges never plays, so dont give me anything about him. Look at our attack when folau didnt play this year. Was useless, he comes back and immediately scores tries.

This is a MAJOR blow, to me, this is bigger than sailor going, or tuqiri, as folau is a great role model, a great player and he is so young its ridiculous that the NRL could allow this to happen.

Look at that try that fozz posted, no-one, and i can honestly that i believe no-one else in the game could ever score that try except for folau, and some of you are "glad" hes going? This is a tremendous loss to the game of league if the rumours of him leaving are true, which they seem to be by all reports.

The NRL must stand up and stop this from happening anymore. I fear we arent done with this tho, as slater and inglis are probably next
In short, he's a loss to the game but he is certainly no loss to the Broncos.

There's no doubt that Folau is an amazing player and a loss to the game, he's just quite a bit overpayed. $400K+ on a winger, that's ridiculous.

Official Israel Falou is a free agent.

F*** him i say drop him, Im so over losing all these players, seriously turning me off Rugby League.....

Alec said:
There's no doubt that Folau is an amazing player and a loss to the game, he's just quite a bit overpayed. $400K+ on a winger, that's ridiculous.

I agree, for 400k you want a player who will dominate I just don't think Folau has that in him.

I'm sick of players changing teams and codes so regularly these days. It makes it hard for the fans to relate to their team.

My younger bro was a fan of Karmichael Hunt and since he left he's not as interested in watching the Broncos anymore. Same deal with Denan Kemp, luckily enough Kemp came back. We have to keep players of their calibre in the NRL.

At the moment we've got players in their prime (and in Issy's case before his prime) leaving the sport. It sucks big time.

ethos said:
I'm sick of players changing teams and codes so regularly these days. It makes it hard for the fans to relate to their team.

My younger bro was a fan of Karmichael Hunt and since he left he's not as interested in watching the Broncos anymore. Same deal with Denan Kemp, luckily enough Kemp came back. We have to keep players of their calibre in the NRL.

At the moment we've got players in their prime (and in Issy's case before his prime) leaving the sport. It sucks big time.

Exactly. The nature of the NRL these days sees hardly any player sign to a club and plan to be there for life. We may as well have a draft if that is the case.

Bottom line is that loyalty to one club should be rewarded with salary cap exemptions, but that's already been discussed a thousand times so I won't harp on about it.

Alec said:

Only in the context of the salary cap. Fact of the matter is, if we want to keep players like folau, we need to make $400k not seem overpaid... which means either raising the cap, the NRL paying the top players money on top of the club payments, or allowing better 3rd party details outside of the cap.

Its not overpaying if someone else will pay more!

ethos wrote:

Exactly. The nature of the NRL these days sees hardly any player sign to a club and plan to be there for life. We may as well have a draft if that is the case.

Bottom line is that loyalty to one club should be rewarded with salary cap exemptions, but that's already been discussed a thousand times so I won't harp on about it.

Time for Gallop to go, he has been sitting on the salary cap for way too long, how many more will RL lose.

He keeps metioning how a salary cap will stop the clubs from going broke and helping the game, losing all these top tier players is what is killing the game.

MR David Gallop save the game and step down ASAP.....

Since Gallop has run the NRL.

Tuquri, Sailor, Andrew Walker, Matt Rogers, Israel Falou, Karmichael Hunt, Matt King, David Solomona, Ali Lauititi, Francis Meli, Cross(from the roosters), Brett Hodgson,Shane Tronc, SBW, Matt Orford, There is heaps more just cant remember them.

and of those, look at the young stars that couldve been anything had they stayed here - tuqiri, lauititi, hunt, folau, rogers, SBW. Players like sailer, orford, cross etc, we can afford to lose, they are at the end of their career and arent offering as much as they used to, but the problem is we are losing the young guys that WILL be stars. Union, super league and now AFL are smart enough to see this and throw buckets of money at them, they know it will bring in the crowds and sponsors, whereas the NRL seems to think "they are asking too much, we dont need them".

ethos said:

Nail on the head. The brass don't seem to be too interested in working on a reasonable solution to this problem though. Bruno said as much last night.

Channel 10 news answered my previous question. Falou had to inform the Broncos that he is staying today. If he doesn't he will become a free agent. So looks like he is going...still hoping no news is good news (as in, if he hasn't announced he's going somewhere else he could still be staying).

dandan said:
Official Israel Falou is a free agent.

F*** him i say drop him, Im so over losing all these players, seriously turning me off Rugby League.....
Official? What?
They said they will announce his decision after the game, he's already made it but they will hold the announcement for the post game press conference.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Dexter
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Bish
  • BrentTatesChin
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.