It's happening: News LTD calls for Seibold sacking

Don't get me wrong, that was a question, not so much a statement. Seibold has gotta go. I just wonder how long until people attack Kevvie.

Kevin Walters is a former legend and multi time premiership winner of the club, which means he knows what the culture should be. He would be coming in with a mile more rope to hang himself with than Seibold did coming off Bennett.

Last edited:
As much as I want this guy gone, this isn't a good look whatever happens. He should never have been hired in the first place, whatever success happened at Souths was presumably because of MacGuire's established roster and systems (and momentum). If it is true that Seibold 'white anted' him, then this is karma. He will never get another serious coaching gig, but will be crying all the way to the bank anyway. (Unless, I dunno, some kind of truly gangster shenanigans went on behind the scenes. Waking up with a horse's head in his bed one night ala the Godfather maybe, that would be nice and poetic. Talking a few million bucks here, stranger things have happened over less $.)

But who would take a big coaching deal at the broncos from here on out, on a long term contract, if they know that one bad run of half a dozen games can mean the end for them? Contracts in the NRL become more of a farce every season.
[automerge]1593869620[/automerge]
Oh, and here's hoping for a tell all book from Seibs spilling whatever beans he collected in his short and forgettable stint.

Last edited:
As much as I want this guy gone, this isn't a good look whatever happens. He should never have been hired in the first place, whatever success happened at Souths was presumably because of MacGuire's established roster and systems (and momentum). If it is true that Seibold 'white anted' him, then this is karma. He will never get another serious coaching gig, but will be crying all the way to the bank anyway. (Unless, I dunno, some kind of truly gangster shenanigans went on behind the scenes. Waking up with a horse's head in his bed one night ala the Godfather maybe, that would be nice and poetic. Talking a few million bucks here, stranger things have happened over less $.)

But who would take a big coaching deal at the broncos from here on out, on a long term contract, if they know that one bad run of half a dozen games can mean the end for them? Contracts in the NRL become more of a farce every season.
Lessons learnt: PowerPoint presentations are not a good indicator of competence.

Kevvie comes in and we keep losing. How long until people call for his head as well?
Cause kevvie won’t come in... Not saying that kevvie won’t get the job but there not gonna chuck him/them in the deep end right now most likely Kurt Richards will coach for the rest of the season and either kevvie or the chosen replacement will take over

Cause kevvie won’t come in... Not saying that kevvie won’t get the job but there not gonna chuck him/them in the deep end right now most likely Kurt Richards will coach for the rest of the season and either kevvie or the chosen replacement will take over

They'd be silling to have the assistant take over, nothing will change at all. Kevvie or bust right now. That or try and get Brad Thorn, hell why not both.

Except Toovey has his business down here in Sydney unfortunately.

Toovey said he had approached warriors on 360 so I I think Brisbane won’t be an issue. Sound like he wants to coach again

id just like to see us train defence for a week.....dont worry about structures and set plays...

defend defend defend....just practice that...

but....what do I know....
Agree, they should not be touching a ball, the training should consist solely of defensive drills and fitness. If they won't earn their money on the field make them earn it on the training paddock.

Last edited:
While I think Toovey is a good coach and would do a good job, I can't stand the thought of Manly scum in a Broncos shirt.

So, who's fault is it?

Here we have key Board members discussing what went wrong with rebuilding Hotel Broncos, who is to blame, and how to fix it:

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Stix
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Shane Tronc
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bronx48
  • Hoof Hearted
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manofoneway
  • bert_lifts
  • Dash
  • eggstar10
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • marw
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 76 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.