NEWS Jack Bird: Brisbane was too hard

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Jack Bird didn't enjoy his three year holiday in Brisbane as much you might expect, given the pay:

“I just felt all the pressure on my shoulders and it was getting to me. Going from Cronulla when I won a competition and playing Origin and then going to Brissy; I was a big signing for them and I didn’t live up to expectations. [The pressure] was eating me alive. It was pretty hard to come to terms with it. I was trying a little bit too hard out there when I was back on the field and trying to impress everyone when I should have just been trying to do what I’m supposed to be doing.”

“You got to training at Brisbane and there are media there every day; they don’t miss a beat ... you’re always in the paper up there for little things. Moving back down here, I’ve got my family and my friends, and I don’t really think about footy too much outside of it. It’s just a completely different environment altogether.”

HScreenshot

Three years to forget

“I don’t really want to go out there and try and impress anyone, I just want to play a full season and try and get back to good footy and back to my best. I’m still going to play with my heart on my sleeve, but now I’ve just got to go out there and not worry about what anyone else thinks about me and just get back to doing what I love.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Another passenger for the slow boat down DeNial river with captain Pies, all aboard!

Such a frustrating signing from a fans perspective, big money deal and the 5mins he was on the field showed glimpses of offering something special.

End of the day though, will always be in the fight for our worst signings ever arguments.

I really hope we beat St George when we play them...

Such a frustrating signing from a fans perspective, big money deal and the 5mins he was on the field showed glimpses of offering something special.

End of the day though, will always be in the fight for our worst signings ever arguments.

I really hope we beat St George when we play them...

I'll take a win against ANYONE.

Darius and Bird tried too hard, and poor Seib’s was just too smart.

Milford was too fit, and Oates became too good at catching.
Yip. They’re all full of number “toos”.

Worst signing team ever for the Broncos:

1. Barba
2. Kennar
3. Whitchurch (don't know if he counts)
4. Bird (c)
5. Eden (he had massive wraps!)
6. Tony
7. Croft (still time to turn this around of course)
8. Kennedy (vc)
9. Luke
10. Clinton (remember, we lost Civo for this bloke!)
11. Gavet (didn't even play for us did he?)
12. Setu
13. Lowrie (he wasn't horrible but certainly on the downward swing of recruits to this once great club)

14. PJ Marsh
15. A.Sims
16. S.Anderson
17. J.Hopoate

Coach: Anthony Seibold
Chairman: Morris
VCEO: White
CEO: Cullen

Fair?

Pretty sure Gavet played one game and got injured

Just looked up that he got suspended on debut and ruptured his acl.

damn

Last edited:
Worst signing team ever for the Broncos:

1. Barba
2. Kennar
3. Whitchurch (don't know if he counts)
4. Bird (c)
5. Eden (he had massive wraps!)
6. Tony
7. Croft (still time to turn this around of course)
8. Kennedy (vc)
9. Luke
10. Clinton (remember, we lost Civo for this bloke!)
11. Gavet (didn't even play for us did he?)
12. Setu
13. Lowrie (he wasn't horrible but certainly on the downward swing of recruits to this once great club)

14. PJ Marsh
15. A.Sims
16. S.Anderson
17. J.Hopoate

Coach: Anthony Seibold
Chairman: Morris
VCEO: White
CEO: Cullen

Fair?
Is 6 Mundine or Milf?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.