Jack Bird Discussion

We move him to the centres for this year and move him next.

Like most people I am unsure if it's the right move as of right now. What I do know is the absolute meltdown people are already having on Facebook. The stupidity of people believing in the Bronco "salary sombrero" never ceases to amaze me yet always puts a smile on my face. It feels good to be hated for being the best.

He's listed at 93kg's; you'd imagine he'd need to be 100+, that'll be one hell of an off season. But yeah agree it's the only position that makes any sense.

shock-gif.gif

We signed another fatty.

But in all seriousness, I don't mind the signing.

The previous news article said even if we sign Jack Bird we will still be looking for an experienced full fledged halfback if Nikorima doesn't cut it. Looks like he'll be playing lock or centre to me.

Hurts me to say it but we've got two potential NSW superstars in our team for years to come. Oh how the times have changed.

3 year deal with a fourth in his favor according to Brent Read of the Australian.

He will play in the halves next year but may transition to lock 2019. My guess

$2.1m, 3 years.

$700k a year is probably not bad buying IMO, I think at that money he is worth the gamble.

Actually now that I think about it, I reckon Bird is just insurance.

Who are the 3 more important players on our team who are off-contract? Boyd, Milford & Roberts. What are Bird's 3 best positions? Fullback, Five-Eighth & Centre. If for whatever reason one of those 3 decide to chase money elsewhere, we've got a ready made replacement, if all 3 of them stick around, we've got a versatile utility who could probably start anywhere from 11-13 with a full pre-season under his belt.

He's also insurance in case we can't find a Halfback on the market, a season of Bird & Milford in the halves wouldn't be the worst, it'd at least give us a bridge year that accomplishes something, would fast track their development quite a bit. And then once we get a proper Halfback in 2019 we can transition Bird to Fullback/Lock, pending other contracts, etc.

I'm really not keen on this signing. He is a handy player but that money is a big gamble and we still have centre stocks coming through. Very much feeling underwhelmed by this.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Who are the 3 more important players on our team who are off-contract? Boyd, Milford & Roberts. What are Bird's 3 best positions? Fullback, Five-Eighth & Centre. If for whatever reason one of those 3 decide to chase money elsewhere, we've got a ready made replacement, if all 3 of them stick around, we've got a versatile utility who could probably start anywhere from 11-13 with a full pre-season under his belt.

Yep, and he gets his shot at 5/8 next year, if it doesn't work out we go to the market and we slot him in somewhere else.

"However, the 22-year-old advised his management to inform Knights officials that he would be declining their offer to join the Broncos".

Good English there...
why would he be telling the knights that he will be declining their [the knights] offer to join the broncos....heck why did the knights even make him an offer to join the broncos?

do we have an agency arrangement with them?

Good signing... Am I going crazy or did I read an interview with Boyd the other day saying he would switch positions if needed? Maybe Bird will play in the centres next year before switching with Boyd and moving into fullback in 2019? Or if Kodi kooks it over the next few weeks we might see Boyd do a Locky next season with Bird at the back?
This signing certainly opens up possibilities... I still don't see him in the 13 though.

He's also insurance in case we can't find a Halfback on the market, a season of Bird & Milford in the halves wouldn't be the worst, it'd at least give us a bridge year that accomplishes something, would fast track their development quite a bit. And then once we get a proper Halfback in 2019 we can transition Bird to Fullback/Lock, pending other contracts, etc.

That's fine in theory ... but the issue with doing that is that we now have less money available for a top level halfback.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Bongo
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.