Jack Bird Discussion

great signing, keeps that turnstile Taylor away from our club...

Good signing... Am I going crazy or did I read an interview with Boyd the other day saying he would switch positions if needed? Maybe Bird will play in the centres next year before switching with Boyd and moving into fullback in 2019? Or if Kodi kooks it over the next few weeks we might see Boyd do a Locky next season with Bird at the back?
This signing certainly opens up possibilities... I still don't see him in the 13 though.

Yeah, Boyd did say that.

That's fine in theory ... but the issue with doing that is that we now have less money available for a top level halfback.

Yeah you're right, but I honestly don't think there's anyone left for 2018 that's worth investing in long-term. If Taylor is committed to the Titans I think we're just better off waiting until the free agents of 2019 become available.

This signing might even be Wayne waving the white flag in terms of searching for a Halfback for 2018. Try again next year.

Well everyone loves a team sheet so...

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Opacic/Moga/Isaako/Seve/Whoever
5. Pearson
6. KNik
7. Milford
8. Sims
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Bird
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. TPJ
16. Ese'ese
17. Oates

Su'a, Arrow, Haas, Joffa, Hipgrave, Fai to all get their chances?

Very excited about this signing. I've been a big fan of Bird ever since I first saw him and to have him on board is fantastic. Good guy with good morals, hard as **** and you can build a team around him.

Welcome to the Broncos Jack Bird

Hurts me to say it but we've got two potential NSW superstars in our team for years to come. Oh how the times have changed.

One of the greatest players in NSW history was the final piece of the puzzle in 1992. Bennett says in his memoir that Lazarus was the key.

It's a ridiculous signing. Who is going to kick the ball? Especially long kicking game. It is just going to be wasting Milfords talent making him a 7

Matterson and Johns played their part too in our early premierships. Then there was Devere and Priddis, it's not like blues players haven't played for the Broncos.

Great signing. Very talented and determined young player. He's a bit like a Josh Reynolds if you turn the passion down a little and turn up the talent a lot.

No idea where Wayne plans on playing him but I have no doubt whatever position it is, he will be in the top rankings of that position within a year or two of playing for us.

I it is the halves, I have plenty of faith in Milf's ability to develop a kicking game. He has shown signs but just needs a lot of work. They both already have as a good, if not better short kicking game than Hunt.

It's looking very likely he will be 5/8.

I would be surprised if he has been PROMISED any position ... Bennett generally hasn't been one to do that.

what may have happened is that Bennett said we see you as a lock/fullback 5/8 etc and we have no plans to play you at center

It's a ridiculous signing. Who is going to kick the ball? Especially long kicking game. It is just going to be wasting Milfords talent making him a 7

Why would it waste his talent?

Jumping the gun with the assumption that Milford would be moved to halfback when the Broncos have yet to even write off potential options in the club let alone recruiting from outside.

Well everyone loves a team sheet so...

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Opacic/Moga/Isaako/Seve/Whoever
5. Pearson
6. KNik
7. Milford
8. Sims
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Bird
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. TPJ
16. Ese'ese
17. Oates

Su'a, Arrow, Haas, Joffa, Hipgrave, Fai to all get their chances?

assuming we don't sign a halfback, I would probably go with something like:

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Blair
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Pangai Jnr
15. Sims
16. Thaiday
17. Ese'ese

with Glenn and Bird able to cover multiple position if we suffer an injury.

Today would have to be close to the day of the year where a signing's announcement must be most delayed because of the cooling off rule.*

By my calculations, with all these public holidays, we can't announce it until 3/5/17. Damn.

*I have never struggled to word a sentence more in my life and it is still unclear.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Maddy
  • Broncosgirl
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.