Jack Bird Discussion

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Actually it was very well publicised two years ago, maybe even longer than that. It's been mentioned many times during broadcasts of Cronulla games and was mentioned several times last year during Origin. I just assumed everyone knew about it. He needed injections years ago, it hasn't recently progressed . He's been receiving them for years.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I always had a soft spot for Freddy. He is like a giant baby, but gets genuinely excited and seems like a fun guy.

Hated the bloke on field, but now he's pretty good. I think being on commercial tv has boxed him in a bit, leading him to saying dumb things and he gets hammered for it because he can't say what he wants or is trying to sound 'smart' for the telly.

I remember he and Joey called a 2nd Friday night game a few years ago. It was an absolute dud but they had a ball and it was quality shit-talk commentary

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He sounds like a pretty decent bloke, can't wait to get him!

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Didn't the lurker say there is wispers that he is having second thoughts about coming!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Didn't the lurker say there is wispers that he is having second thoughts about coming!

If the Lurker said that, you can bet that in actually fact he is counting the seconds until he arrives

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I remember he and Joey called a 2nd Friday night game a few years ago. It was an absolute dud but they had a ball and it was quality shit-talk commentary
i remember that game, it was like the keys to the comm box were given to some 5yo's.

it was great.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Even Bennett gets a grin on his face when he has to talk to Freddy before the Friday night games. He is very likeable now that he's not playing.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Even Bennett gets a grin on his face when he has to talk to Freddy before the Friday night games. He is very likeable now that he's not playing.
Freddy is the primary reason that I don't watch Ch 9 anymore. Head knocks and happy hours have taken their toll on him.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013

Once he gets here he will be fine, but I'm sure the ****-er-spaniels at the Sharks are at him all the time with the guilt trip for leaving, which after a while would start to play on your mind.

Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Mar 21, 2016
Once he gets here he will be fine, but I'm sure the ****-er-spaniels at the Sharks are at him all the time with the guilt trip for leaving, which after a while would start to play on your mind.

In all fairness he was asked why he was leaving, and he spoke the truth. Wouldn't go down too well making glowing statements about his new coach, while still seeing out the season.
Good on him though, that takes some intestinal fortitude.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Yeah i couldn't imagine the bullshit he would cop especially from gallen the princess .

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I'm reading that Boyd will be line up at left centre in origin.This could be an idea to get Bird in at fullback for next year.
I wonder if Bennett was talking to Walters about him playing centres.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm reading that Boyd will be line up at left centre in origin.This could be an idea to get Bird in at fullback for next year.
I wonder if Bennett was talking to Walters about him playing centres.

doubtful

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Rambstien
  • Johnny92
  • johnyE
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • kiwibronco
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.