Jack Bird Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That's the best way Bird at Fullback but Bennett won't allow it especially if he gets less pay.

you do realise that contracts can't be altered once signed, right?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Wasn't there a quote from Wayne somewhere a while ago saying Bird will play centre, but with our new style of play he will see plenty of ball ??

I'm certain i read that somewhere on here

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Bennett hasn't decided where he is playing next year. All he said to Bird was that he will be used a lot more efficiently than what Cronulla did and I actually believe that. Even if its at centre, imagine the combo he is going to strike up with Milford and Oates. Birds actually capable of throwing a good pass to put his winger away and he can kick a little as well.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
At the very least Birds defense at centre would be a huge improvement over Moga.

What I liked seeing from Bird is the first contact in the tackle.

It's solid and stopped them in their tracks. He has a lot of strength so he is hard to shrug off.

Huge improvement over Moga.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Still need more set plays either way. Can't just say give him more ball by passing to him early and hoping he'll create a miracle

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I think Bird is going to be Lock.

Not really any information apart from what we know, just a gut instinct. To me it looked like Bird was carrying around a bit more weight with him yesterday, not improbable that Wayne has told him he'll be playing in the middle next season and has already got him bulking.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. <Utility>
15. Thaiday
16. Ofahengaue
17. Pangai Jr

Could be the way to go.. The only weakness of that team I see is potential lack of metres from the starting unit, if that ends up being the case then we could just switch the roles of Sims & Ofa.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Not really any information apart from what we know, just a gut instinct. To me it looked like Bird was carrying around a bit more weight with him yesterday, not improbable that Wayne has told him he'll be playing in the middle next season and has already got him bulking.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. <Utility>
15. Thaiday
16. Ofahengaue
17. Pangai Jr

Could be the way to go.. The only weakness of that team I see is potential lack of metres from the starting unit, if that ends up being the case then we could just switch the roles of Sims & Ofa.

could also depend on whether we sign Lodge or not.

if we do he may keep Moose at 13 and have Bird replace Moga in the centers.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
could also depend on whether we sign Lodge or not.

if we do he may keep Moose at 13 and have Bird replace Moga in the centers.

I'd like this to happen.

At least let Bird play a season or two for us at centre until we get our front row dramas sorted.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. <Utility>
15. Thaiday
16. Ofahengaue
17. Pangai Jr

If we sign Lodge, Sims might drop out of the 17 completely.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Doubt it, I think it'll be as Foordy said, if we sign Lodge he'll come in and Bird will be at Centre / Fullback.

I mean that if Bird did play at lock and Lodge did sign, I can't see a spot for Sims.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I mean that if Bird did play at lock and Lodge did sign, I can't see a spot for Sims.

Bennett likes Sims. That's why he brought him here.

He won't be out of the 17. He is either starting or on the bench. The likely scenario being that Lodge doesn't start.

He hasn't played NRL since 2015 and he has had to get approval from the NRL to even return.. It's likely Bennett will put him on the bench to start off with and make him earn that starting spot rather than rewarding him straight away.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Bennett likes Sims. That's why he brought him here.

He won't be out of the 17. He is either starting or on the bench. The likely scenario being that Lodge doesn't start.

He hasn't played NRL since 2015 and he has had to get approval from the NRL to even return.. It's likely Bennett will put him on the bench to start off with and make him earn that starting spot rather than rewarding him straight away.

I disagree, I think Lodge will go straight into the 17 due to our lack of quality in the prop department and for sure could see Sims getting dropped.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I disagree, I think Lodge will go straight into the 17 due to our lack of quality in the prop department and for sure could see Sims getting dropped.

Lodge comes into the 17, and we'll still have a spot open due to Ese'ese leaving.

Who do you think takes that? It sure won't be Fai.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • I bleed Maroon
  • maddo
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Cavalo
  • Big Del
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • Dexter
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.