Jack Bird Discussion

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
So in 10 years will someone say we had Payne haas in our 2017 squad or ash Taylor in our 2015 team?

Hass hasn't played NRL. You seem to not understand the Raiders guys had played NRL that year. They weren't playing Under 16's. They were playing through the year.

If someone made the statement Taylor was coached by Bennett in 2015 they would be correct. He played NRL.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Laurie Daley turned 17 in 1987 (one year younger then haas is turning this year), and lazaraus played the same amount of first grade games as haas has (zero) until Bennett came along in 1987... and the other 3 internationals weren't options due to not being in the squad due to injury or not being part of the raiders organization...

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Laurie Daley turned 17 in 1987 (one year younger then haas is turning this year), and lazaraus played the same amount of first grade games as haas has (zero) until Bennett came along in 1987... and the other 3 internationals weren't options due to not being in the squad due to injury or not being part of the raiders organization...

Riddle me this- will Haas play through the finals like Daley and Lazo did? Will he play in the prelim final v Easts or the major semi v Souths?
No no he won’t- Daley and Lazo did.
Will Hass sit on the bench for the Grand Final like Lazo and Daley did? No probably not I’d say.

You're arguing they never played and it is ridiculous, watch the Dvd mate they're there.

NImitz

NImitz

BRL Player
Sep 8, 2016
We should have signed Dane Gagai before the Bunnies did instead of Jack Bird.

N

_noosh

NYC Player
Oct 3, 2016
Why's that exactly? Gagai has gone well when surrounded by good players.

Gagai is a great player, don't get me wrong. He lifts tremendously during rep games. I just think he struggles to do that week-in week-out for club games. That could be because he's playing for the Knights but I'm just not convinced that's the only reason.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Gagai is a great player, don't get me wrong. He lifts tremendously during rep games. I just think he struggles to do that week-in week-out for club games. That could be because he's playing for the Knights but I'm just not convinced that's the only reason.

He isn't happy at the Knights apparently.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Didn't he reject a return to Brisbane to stay at the knights for his last contract?

Yeah because he felt like he owed the Knights for showing the faith in him.

Then apparently over time he just started getting unhappy there. Perhaps something happened.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
With the Sharks' season officially over, Jack has played his last game for the club.

I'm excited to see Jack at the broncos. No real solid idea where he'll play but his determination and drive should see him excel at a club like ours and under Wayne.

Even if he doesn't hit huge personal highs on the field with us, I think his sheer competitiveness could be infectious and really push the players around him to try that little bit harder.

If he does remain in the centres, a backline of:

1. Boyd, 2. Oates, 3. Bird, 4. Roberts, 5. Kahu

has to be one of the best in the comp. (admittedly, and as much as I respect him for his reliability, Kahu could be upgraded to a more physically imposing winger).

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd like to see him in a more roaming role. I wouldn't mind him at fullback. Would be great to see him, Milf and Roberts all link up together.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Bird fullback and Boyd to left centre. It's gotta be done.

Welcome jack.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
That's the best way Bird at Fullback but Bennett won't allow it especially if he gets less pay.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Financeguy
  • maddo
  • Cavalo
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dexter
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.