Jack Bird Discussion

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I wouldn't mind Boyd being moved into the centres or something sometime next year. Dunno for who though.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Definitely do not want Boyd's defensive 'efforts' at centre. Moga is just shit at it, but it's better than hoping he'll put in like Boyd

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I wouldn't mind Boyd being moved into the centres or something sometime next year. Dunno for who though.

Allan. But if he isn't ready, I'd love to see Roberts get a shot at a few kick returns.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Not sold on Allan. Would have Isaako above him.

Fair point, he does look promising. I just don't see how we can justify paying so much for Boyd when he is capable of putting in 'efforts' like last week, particularly when it is NOT a one off.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Our premiership window closes this year, so we may as well start blooding a couple of youngsters and build a side for when it opens again.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd rather purchase someone like Michael Gordon for a season if it came to having no one available. I just think Boyd's million, like Bird's whatever-it-is-salary, could be better used elsewhere.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We lose too many players and we're going to have issues with our depth. Our lack of depth will hurt us.

And we don't have room in the cap to sign anyone else.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Definitely do not want Boyd's defensive 'efforts' at centre. Moga is just shit at it, but it's better than hoping he'll put in like Boyd

Boyd spends most his time defending in the line anyway. He's then too slow to get back to defuse a kick as well. Centres could be his position moving forward. Not like he enjoys returning kicks anyway.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I just think he is out of form badly. It shouldn't be taking away the effort part though. Should be able to get it back. He can start by getting up and playing the ball a bit quicker instead of staring or yelling at the ref every tackle.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Our premiership window closes this year, so we may as well start blooding a couple of youngsters and build a side for when it opens again.
Our premiership window closes? Surely you are joking? If anything it's expanding. Milford is 22, the best talent under 25 and growing into a more rounded playmaker every year, bird is one of the best New South Wales players under 25, McGuire and Gillett are growing well in to senior roles, Boyd has lead us well this year and his main talents as a fullback (maximising on 2, 2 on 1 try scoring chances) don't decrease with age, Roberts is 24, Oates is 22, TPJ is one of the most exciting forward prospects in the nrl, ofa is growing into his role, Macca is dependable and a rock and hasn't hit a hookers prime years yet, knik is talented and 22, kahu is 26, Glenn is better now then he has been for years, lodge (if it gets signed off on) was regarded as a future Australian prop and is 23, haas is widely regarded as the best forward under 20 years old and he's only 18, Sua was the youngest forward debutant we have ever had, fai is highly regarded and is 20, sims is 25...

i know it was big loss on Thursday but calm down with the "world is ending" thoughts

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
We lose too many players and we're going to have issues with our depth. Our lack of depth will hurt us.

And we don't have room in the cap to sign anyone else.
I'd love to see our salary breakdown. The cap is going up by nearly $2 million next year, and so far we have one guy on $900k and another on $750k, and we're apparently out of money.

Compare that to the Storm who THIS year have 3 blokes on what has to be a million each, plus Bromwich, Munster etc.

Are we overpaying several players or what?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
What the ****? How does it close this year? If you say because we are losing Ben Hunt I will fucking lose it.

Well knik needs to step up this finals series or we are loosing something with hunt leaving

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Well knik needs to step up this finals series or we are loosing something with hunt leaving
Hunt IS a better halfback then knik.... but, we will probably be a better team without hunt because that means no one gets in the way of milf or derps it up in pressure moments (milf thrives in most pressure games)

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Maddy
  • IceWorks
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • phoenix
  • Dexter
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • the_next
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • TimWhatley
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.