Jack Bird Discussion

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
So Rothfield talks absolute bullshit for weeks and Cronulla fans just nod along and go "yep". Jack Birds' father says one thing which goes against their narrative and suddenly fans and Rothfield are "sick of hearing" from an actual credible source? Would not surprise me in the least if adamg075 is either a friend or alt of Rothfields'.

Why would a journalist be sick of hearing from a credible source anyway? He's such a tosser.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Slothfield must have some unbelievable dirt on some high-placed people in the media. There is no other explanation for it.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
So Rothfield talks absolute bullshit for weeks and Cronulla fans just nod along and go "yep". Jack Birds' father says one thing which goes against their narrative and suddenly fans and Rothfield are "sick of hearing" from an actual credible source? Would not surprise me in the least if adamg075 is either a friend or alt of Rothfields'.

Why would a journalist be sick of hearing from a credible source anyway? He's such a tosser.

Rothfield even quoted Bird's manager who stated that this rumour was garbage and completely disregarded it. Now it's Bird via text message to Wayne and Bird's old man who is standing up for his boy publicly and suddenly it's 'Bird' who is embarrassed? What a toss pot.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Rothfield even quoted Bird's manager who stated that this rumour was garbage and completely disregarded it. Now it's Bird via text message to Wayne and Bird's old man who is standing up for his boy publicly and suddenly it's 'Bird' who is embarrassed? What a toss pot.

Yeah now that you mention it I remember him saying he spoke to Birds' manager who denied it. He then went on to say something along the lines of: He wasn't very convincing...... Whatever that means..?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The DT are continuing their agenda and still claiming Bird doesn't want to ne at the Broncos next year ... oh and his deal is back to 4 million ...

Sport Confidential: How will Jack Bird cope with Wayne Bennet, a coach who is big on respect?
Michael Carayannis and Christian Nicolussi, The Daily TelegraphAugust 10, 2017 8:49pm

YOU have to wonder how Jack Bird will fit into Wayne’s world?

Everybody knows supercoach Wayne Bennett is massive on respect and players toeing the line so Bennett is certain to have his hands full with Bird once he reluctantly shifts north.

Yes, Broncos fans, take it as fact Bird’s old man was still talking with Sharks officials as late as this week about pulling out of his $4 million, four-year deal.

When Chris Heighington was about to bring up his 300th NRL game earlier this season, there was a huge turnout after the club’s captain’s run.

It was a sunny afternoon, a few of Heighno’s former Wests Tigers teammates came to Shark Park, and club legend Andrew Ettingshausen presented the special jersey.

The only star who wasn’t sighted was Bird.

Then Luke Lewis brought up his 300th game, there was a lovely lunch at the leagues club the day before and Mick Ennis was making a stirring speech to the players.

Then on Tuesday night, a special dinner was held at the flashy Summer Sault for Paul Gallen, who bleeds black, white and blue and has taken a lot of time to give Bird guidance.

Laurie Daley turned up. So did “ET”. So did most of the players. But no Bird.

It is not the crime of the century. Bird is a loveable character and gun player any club would have. But someone should have got in his ear and told him to make an effort for the milestones. It’s a respect thing and something Bennett is big on.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/95e7e602b604c690753234406bc6480f

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
IMO the fact that he didn't show to these events is proof that he can't wait to get away from the Sharks due to their treatment of him...

But I think it would be funny if the NRL just took Rothfields word that Birds father was talking to the Sharks about Bird backing out of his deal and take action against the Sharks for trying to entice Bird to break his contract with us :p

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Can someone post all the terrible things WB has said in relation to Bird and or his treatment by the Sharks. I haven't seen anything yet. Only thing I've heard is a couple of seconds where WB said he's coming.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The DT are continuing their agenda and still claiming Bird doesn't want to ne at the Broncos next year ... oh and his deal is back to 4 million ...

Sport Confidential: How will Jack Bird cope with Wayne Bennet, a coach who is big on respect?
Michael Carayannis and Christian Nicolussi, The Daily TelegraphAugust 10, 2017 8:49pm

Yes, Broncos fans, take it as fact Bird’s old man was still talking with Sharks officials as late as this week about pulling out of his $4 million, four-year deal.

Wait, so have we signed Bird's old man? Is he any good?!?

Seriously, I feel like we have been made to accept that 'journalists' will openly lie but surely they can at least use appropriate grammar. I mean their whole career is writing yet most wouldn't even pass grade 9 English.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

YOU have to wonder how Jack Bird will fit into Wayne’s world?

Everybody knows supercoach Wayne Bennett is massive on respect and players toeing the line so Bennett is certain to have his hands full with Bird once he reluctantly shifts north.

When Chris Heighington was about to bring up his 300th NRL game earlier this season, there was a huge turnout after the club’s captain’s run.

It was a sunny afternoon, a few of Heighno’s former Wests Tigers teammates came to Shark Park, and club legend Andrew Ettingshausen presented the special jersey.

Then Luke Lewis brought up his 300th game, there was a lovely lunch at the leagues club the day before and Mick Ennis was making a stirring speech to the players.

Then on Tuesday night, a special dinner was held at the flashy Summer Sault for Paul Gallen, who bleeds black, white and blue and has taken a lot of time to give Bird guidance.

Laurie Daley turned up. So did “ET”. So did most of the players. But no Bird.

It is not the crime of the century. Bird is a loveable character and gun player any club would have. But someone should have got in his ear and told him to make an effort for the milestones. It’s a respect thing and something Bennett is big on.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/95e7e602b604c690753234406bc6480f

This has truly becoming embarrassing for the telegraph writers. There will be some epic comment blocking going on by them I'm sure.

I cannot wait for the day their is a second option to these guys. I know this won't be popular opinion but did anyone else notice the smear/hate campaign that happened when David smith tried to do just that, suddenly everyone hated him and he was the worst nrl CEO we've ever had when he in fact made it more profitable then ever (his actual job). Just 1 of a thousand examples of agenda pushing and the sheep following/believing what they read

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
IMO the fact that he didn't show to these events is proof that he can't wait to get away from the Sharks due to their treatment of him...

But I think it would be funny if the NRL just took Rothfields word that Birds father was talking to the Sharks about Bird backing out of his deal and take action against the Sharks for trying to entice Bird to break his contract with us :p

I got the exact same impression. Pretty obvious the Sharks have left him feeling like an outsider. Deliberately. Peer pressure by a few teammates is one thing, but the Sharks as an organisation acting like a jilted ex-lover is pathetic.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I have started going to the Sydney Morning Herald... I don't think they have premium articles and Webster seems alright whenever he's on 360.

A newspaper that has Slothfield as chief editor is surely taking the piss. How's he even got a job.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Can someone post all the terrible things WB has said in relation to Bird and or his treatment by the Sharks. I haven't seen anything yet. Only thing I've heard is a couple of seconds where WB said he's coming.

Bennett has too much class for that ... all he has said are words to the effect that he believes the Sharks haven't used him right, he will excel at the Broncos and he has big plans for Bird.

Birds father is the one who has talked about the Sharks treatment of Bird

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

Id be pretty embarrassed too if I was forced to pay for my own flights and accommodation to get to a game when I was a first grade regular. I don't blame him for skipping these prestigious milestone games. Could you imagine the sharks making Gallen pay his own way when he is injured?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The way my mate describes it tells a slightly different story. This is via his mate in the shire. He tells me that behind the scenes Bird has caused the Sharks a heap of trouble and they've done a lot for Bird who was apparently a real problem earlier for St George as well. The nature of the trouble is unclear but the Sharks feel he owes the club, rightly or wrongly I add. It might be that Birds medical history and ongoing problems may have been supported by the club as well.

My view is he has paid back any debt with a contribution to the gf win so **** em I say.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Id be pretty embarrassed too if I was forced to pay for my own flights and accommodation to get to a game when I was a first grade regular. I don't blame him for skipping these prestigious milestone games. Could you imagine the sharks making Gallen pay his own way when he is injured?

funny thing is Rothfield and his cronies will probably whinge if Bird decides not to fork out for his own flights/accommodation to attend the Sharks loss this weekend.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncs1459
  • Dexter
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.