Jack Bird Discussion

Sharks should be hit with a fine for trying to lean on a player who has signed for a rival club imo. No wonder Bird's form has been a bit down lately, what a joke.

We also have a new value for Birds contract ... now it is 875k a season... I wonder what it will be next week

The final year's contract value is higher than the first three years.

Slothfield getting exposed again, he was either making shit up or getting lead up the garden path by his cronulla "insider". He and Cronulla deserve each other, both are embarrassing stains on rugby league.

He won't respond to it on Twitter.

Just ignoring anything about it.

We also have a new value for Birds contract ... now it is 875k a season... I wonder what it will be next week

nglearn1.gif

Slothfield has to write his rebuttal to this so his salary will sky rocket to "around $5m".

Will be interesting to see Slothfield's next "article". Will he go with my sources told me such and such (because you know his sources are better than Jack's dad or Jack's own words) or pivot to disharmony between sharks and Bird (unlikely as that will harm his beloved sharks).

I can see him take his old favourite approach and attack Jack's dad personally whilst reinforcing the good nature of Cronulla and their family club values. He'll probably throw in a line about Jack distancing himself rather than his own team mates turning the cold shoulder on him.

FLANAGAN FIRES BACK AT BENNETT

By Michael Carayannis

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has hit back at Wayne Bennett over the Broncos' claims that Jack Bird is unhappy at Cronulla and has been treated poorly since he announced he was leaving for Brisbane next season.

"I couldn't give a damn about what Wayne says. Seriously. We look after (Bird) whatever he (Bennett) says I don't read or listen to it.

"Let's be clear: Jack is going to Brisbane.

"I think the injury sort of brought this to a head. He was out for two weeks with a sternum injury.

"You do feel a bit isolated when you’re in that environment. We don’t have too many in there at the moment. As I said he loves being in that team environment."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a/news-story/2d3913d92ab16ca29a9f00de1321173b

hmmm, Flanagan and Rothfield say Bird is happy at the Sharks ... while Jack's father (and Bennett) say he can't wait to get out due to his treatment.

now i'm confused about who to believe :P

Love the butthurt Sydney media and NRL identities. They are losing one if their own to Brisbane and they absolutely can't stand it.

Give us more Buzz, Flanno, whoever.

Haven't had such a good laugh since Roberts took a goal kick at the Titans last week...

Last edited:
Give us more Buzz, Flanno, whoever.

as you asked for here are some of Flanagans latest crying :p

“All the talk over the border that he’s backflipping in one column and then he’s unhappy in the next, I just don’t get it.

“Stop the rubbish from the other side of the border. He’ll be there next year.

last time i checked Rothfield (who has been driving the backflip talk) is not from QLD ... in fact he is from NSW and a Sharks fan .. try again Flanagan

“At different stages, week to week, Jack has second thoughts. But that’s just a young bloke, and that’s just natural that we all have.

I see Flanagan is following the party line started by Rothfield ... apparently his father disagree's with those two

“Couldn’t give a damn what Wayne says, seriously,” he said.

“All the rubbish that he’s going to enjoy it more up there, all that stuff, I just don’t get it.

“He can do what he likes. It doesn’t interest me.

“Whatever he’s saying, I don’t read it, I don’t listen to it.”

it looks as if Flanagan cares a great deal about what Bennett is saying :p

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2c55c93187a48a039cf923e6af0d4a13

Yes! I'm now blocked by that poor sensitive soul, slothfield.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Manlyman
  • Tim K
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • heartly87
  • Harry Sack
  • mrslong
  • K-Style
  • RodF
  • broncos4life
  • Yellowfella
  • ostin86
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.