Jack Bird Discussion

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Of course the Broncos have an advantage being a single club in the second biggest RL city in the world.
We're not 7 times smaller than Sydney either, in any way you look at it.

However, the real issue is Sydney having way too many clubs competing in their market size, so they want to draw the Broncos to the lowest denominator, instead of culling some of their own life sucking shit clubs...

Agree that there should be less clubs in Sydney. Brisbane needs another team so you have a game on at Suncorp every weekend. You would also get two Brisbane derby games each year.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Agree that there should be less clubs in Sydney. Brisbane needs another team so you have a game on at Suncorp every weekend. You would also get two Brisbane derby games each year.

Even if we did get a second Brisbane team, I have my doubts they would be playing out of Suncorp.

More than likely another stadium in Brisbane.

Whoever owns the team would likely want to be separated from the Broncos as much as possible. Not really going to achieve that playing out of the Broncos own stadium.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Wayne Bennett blasts claims Jack Bird was set to backflip on Broncos

THIS is the text message that proves Jack Bird will be at the Broncos next season.

Bird has scuppered speculation he is considering reneging on his Broncos contract as his father, Mick, detailed the victimisation that has him concerned for his son’s welfare at the Sharks.

In a fiery prelude to Friday night’s Sharks-Broncos clash at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett and the Bird family have spoken out to declare the NSW Origin ace “can’t wait” to get out of Cronulla.

Brisbane were rocked by a weekend report that Bird was about to backflip on his four-year Broncos deal to remain at the club he helped to a maiden premiership last season.

Concerned by the innuendo, Bird has contacted Bennett to provide assurances he will honour his $3.5 million Broncos deal, a sentiment he reinforced in a statement to The Courier-Mail.

“All I know is that I’m gonna finish off the season strongly with Cronulla and I am really looking forward to going to Brisbane next year,” said Bird, who will miss Friday night’s clash with a shoulder injury.

Bird has increasingly felt the cold shoulder at the Sharks since signing with the Broncos in May.

The decision angered Sharks skipper Paul Gallen and there has been lingering tension between the pair. It is understood Bird is also upset at having to pay for his own airfare and accommodation to attend Friday night’s clash at Suncorp Stadium.

Bird’s father Mick insists his son will be a Bronco next season and fears the latest rumour was designed to destabilise the attacking whiz in his final months at Cronulla.

“It’s terrible what he has been through, my heart goes out to him. Jack is having some troublesome times,” Bird Sr said.

“All this talk about him not going (to the Broncos) has unsettled him. He is committed and as soon as the season is over, he can’t wait to get to the Broncos.

“The Sharks have been at him ever since he signed with the Broncos, they haven’t left him alone and myself and Jack have had a gutful.

“I try to stay out of it but my main concern is the welfare of my son.

“I don’t want to say too much more. It’s Jack’s life ... but he will definitely be at the Broncos.”

Bennett slammed the speculation as “scaremongering” and fired a subtle shot at the Sharks by declaring Bird would relish life at Red Hill.

“There are people out there stirring the pot for whatever reason,” Bennett said.

“I have heard the rumours about Jack, but we aren’t worried about them. Someone is trying to scaremonger but there is no doubt in my mind and there is none in Jack’s, so that’s all that matters.

“He will be coming to the Broncos.

“I see a lot of upside in Jack, he is a wonderful player and can play multiple positions.

He will love being here, he will love this environment. There are young guys like Anthony Milford and Kodi (Nikorima) who aren’t restricted to how they play here.

“We want him to finish the season well at the Sharks but I’ve made it clear to Jack that we have big plans for him at the Broncos.”

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan defended the club’s treatment of Bird.

“Our welfare people have done a wonderful job with Jack. Even yesterday they were with him at the doctor about his injury,” Flanagan said.

“We aren’t enticing Jack to stay. Jack has made his decision but he is young and he struggles with change.

“We can’t afford to keep Jack anyway so we wish him all the best at the Broncos.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/e2c776ad3142a7e8b9f8936700836431

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So...those gossip columnists were clearly correct...hmm...awkward for them this is.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The Sharks sound like a bitter ex that didn't want to break up.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Bit cheap of the sharks he has to pay for his own air fare and accommodation.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
The standard of Australian journalism is embarrassing tbh, and rugby league journalists are the worst of a bad bunch... they appear to think that the high ratings/readers are proof of good commentary/journalism but their is literally no other choice. They try to spin up controversy out of thin air by making stuff up, have embarrassing biases that even members would hide better-not paid professionals, they give jobs to mates who keep them out of fear, there is no diversity on panels, and they always push an agenda. I have relatives from overseas who can't believe the lack of choice we have when they visit- we have been stuffed in this country in regards to media...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Wayne Bennett blasts claims Jack Bird was set to backflip on Broncos

THIS is the text message that proves Jack Bird will be at the Broncos next season.

Bird has scuppered speculation he is considering reneging on his Broncos contract as his father, Mick, detailed the victimisation that has him concerned for his son’s welfare at the Sharks.

In a fiery prelude to Friday night’s Sharks-Broncos clash at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett and the Bird family have spoken out to declare the NSW Origin ace “can’t wait” to get out of Cronulla.

Brisbane were rocked by a weekend report that Bird was about to backflip on his four-year Broncos deal to remain at the club he helped to a maiden premiership last season.

Concerned by the innuendo, Bird has contacted Bennett to provide assurances he will honour his $3.5 million Broncos deal, a sentiment he reinforced in a statement to The Courier-Mail.

“All I know is that I’m gonna finish off the season strongly with Cronulla and I am really looking forward to going to Brisbane next year,” said Bird, who will miss Friday night’s clash with a shoulder injury.

Bird has increasingly felt the cold shoulder at the Sharks since signing with the Broncos in May.

The decision angered Sharks skipper Paul Gallen and there has been lingering tension between the pair. It is understood Bird is also upset at having to pay for his own airfare and accommodation to attend Friday night’s clash at Suncorp Stadium.

Bird’s father Mick insists his son will be a Bronco next season and fears the latest rumour was designed to destabilise the attacking whiz in his final months at Cronulla.

“It’s terrible what he has been through, my heart goes out to him. Jack is having some troublesome times,” Bird Sr said.

“All this talk about him not going (to the Broncos) has unsettled him. He is committed and as soon as the season is over, he can’t wait to get to the Broncos.

“The Sharks have been at him ever since he signed with the Broncos, they haven’t left him alone and myself and Jack have had a gutful.

“I try to stay out of it but my main concern is the welfare of my son.

“I don’t want to say too much more. It’s Jack’s life ... but he will definitely be at the Broncos.”

Bennett slammed the speculation as “scaremongering” and fired a subtle shot at the Sharks by declaring Bird would relish life at Red Hill.

“There are people out there stirring the pot for whatever reason,” Bennett said.

“I have heard the rumours about Jack, but we aren’t worried about them. Someone is trying to scaremonger but there is no doubt in my mind and there is none in Jack’s, so that’s all that matters.

“He will be coming to the Broncos.

“I see a lot of upside in Jack, he is a wonderful player and can play multiple positions.

He will love being here, he will love this environment. There are young guys like Anthony Milford and Kodi (Nikorima) who aren’t restricted to how they play here.

“We want him to finish the season well at the Sharks but I’ve made it clear to Jack that we have big plans for him at the Broncos.”

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan defended the club’s treatment of Bird.

“Our welfare people have done a wonderful job with Jack. Even yesterday they were with him at the doctor about his injury,” Flanagan said.

“We aren’t enticing Jack to stay. Jack has made his decision but he is young and he struggles with change.

“We can’t afford to keep Jack anyway so we wish him all the best at the Broncos.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/e2c776ad3142a7e8b9f8936700836431

This is disgusting, what an absolute stain on the game Cronulla is.

Unread

Active Now

• Seibs
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.