Jack Bird Discussion

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Lodge comes into the 17, and we'll still have a spot open due to Ese'ese leaving.

Who do you think takes that? It sure won't be Fai.

Just to clarify I don't think there will be a spot in the 17 for Sims IF Bird plays lock. If Bird is at centre then Sims will definitely be in the the team.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Just to clarify I don't think there will be a spot in the 17 for Sims IF Bird plays lock. If Bird is at centre then Sims will definitely be in the the team.

That's probably accurate, although it's also possible we just play Thaiday + 3 props on the bench in that scenario. Thaiday has shown he's a capable hooker for 20 minutes a game if we need to give Macca breather.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Oates
15. Lodge
16. Thaiday
17. Pangai Jnr

Bennett always has a pet project in the backline every year. Last year it was Roberts and this year Moga. Next year it will be Pearson. Oates is destined to end up in the backrow and will start that acclimatisation next year off the bench. He will also be a backup fill-in for the backs if there is an in game injury.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Oates
15. Lodge
16. Thaiday
17. Pangai Jnr

Bennett always has a pet project in the backline every year. Last year it was Roberts and this year Moga. Next year it will be Pearson. Oates is destined to end up in the backrow and will start that acclimatisation next year off the bench. He will also be a backup fill-in for the backs if there is an in game injury.
That's like having 4 front rowers on the bench there, with Oates learning the craft of second row, but with a gigantic frame. We'd give canturbury a run for destroying scales with that lot. Talk about size!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Rothfield to claim that Bird is heartbroken to be leaving the Sharks. He doesn't want to join the Broncos and that his deal is still in doubt.

Vlcsnap 2017 09 11 17h16m45s680

Vlcsnap 2017 09 11 17h14m36s920

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It's gonna be hard for bird to adjust at first. Not expecting him to hit his straps straight away.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
It's gonna be hard for bird to adjust at first. Not expecting him to hit his straps straight away.
I'm not expecting him too either but I think he will. He is just a winner. I don't think he is or will be a better player then Milford will become but I think he will become a more important signing. Bennett and demetriou won't neglect him like Flanagan did. He is a player other players will follow. Our team has talent but outside of McGuire, and possibly Oates, TPJ and Gillett, (all 4 players are different styles but when the team is losing or on the back foot they will try to do something aggressive or inspirational-getting more involved rather then less!) they aren't players you'd want in the trenches with you during a tough game.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
I'm not overly fussed where he plays - within reason- but what I do hope for is that his competitive spirit becomes infectious throughout the team. Is he the kind of guy that will lay down the law in a huddle when things need a kick along? Cos nobody else seems to be.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Yeah it sounds like he's really struggling with the move and hoping to back out of his Broncos deal..

IgtuYDu.png

Nice one Buzz Lightyear you gimp.
Guaranteed after Brisbane's first loss of the season = headline: "bird wants out as he has no respect for Bennett"

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.